Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

JEEP Mountain Bikes at reasonable prices!

Started by Derek · · Last activity · 11 posts · 3,911 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
25 September 2003
Last activity
28 September 2003
Original author
Derek
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,911
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them here...

    monkeybiz.itcstore.commonkeybiz.itcstore.com

    Thanks.

  2. "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them


    here...

    Quoted message said:


    monkeybizmonkeybiz

    Monkey business?!? Imagine that...

    Bill "on behalf of AM-B, thanks SO MUCH for offering this invaluable service to the group" S.

  3. "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them


    here...

    Quoted message said:


    monkeybiz.itcstore.commonkeybiz.itcstore.com

    Thanks.

    I think the bowl of petunias put it best.

    Andy Chequer

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Andy Chequer
    "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them


    here...
    Quoted message said:


    monkeybiz.itcstore.commonkeybiz.itcstore.com

    Thanks.



    I think the bowl of petunias put it best.

    Andy Chequer

    I think the best part is on the bottom it lists "mtb extras": kickstand! Classic. I wonder if jd's still has the kickstand on it?

    K.

  5. "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them here...

    monkeybiz.itcstore.commonkeybiz.itcstore.com

    Thanks.

    Gotta love this: "Monroe coil spring double crown fork with 65mm of travel ". And the other one has
    a 15" rear shock!?

    --
    Cameron

  6. "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them


    here...

    Quoted message said:


    monkeymonkey...

    Thanks.

    I don't think any price is reasonable for such crappy bikes.

    Matt

  7. "Cameron" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them


    here...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    monkeybiz.itcstore.commonkeybiz.itcstore.com

    Thanks.

    Gotta love this: "Monroe coil spring double crown fork with 65mm of travel


    ".

    Quoted message said:

    And the other one has a 15" rear shock!?

    Yeah. I found that interesting. When will people realize that brand names mean almost nothing
    nowadays? It's especially obvious when they attempt to cross markets: Porsche bikes, Monroe shock
    forks, Honda bikes, Jeep bikes, etc.

    I admit that I was surprised to see the Honda logo on a cheap dept. store bike. I guess it proves my
    point, though: You can't trust a brand name to guarantee quality. The converse is also true, of
    course, and that's what I've taken a lot of heat for declaring on this group lately. *Absence* of a
    brand name is no guarantee of low quality (but it often does correlate with lower prices, since they
    didn't have to pay to license the brand name.)

    -=B=-

  8. "Sorni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Derek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Found some reasonably priced JEEP mountain bikes online. Found them


    here...

    Quoted message said:


    monkeybizmonkeybiz

    Monkey business?!? Imagine that...

    Bill "on behalf of AM-B, thanks SO MUCH for offering this invaluable


    service

    Quoted message said:

    to the group" S.


    Now this is some really funny stuff.... 15" of rear travel w/ 40 mm up front! Front AND Rear brakes
    One of my favorites -- "PEDALS: MTB-Type with Ball Bearings "

    Who's the poor [censored] who had to write the add copy for this thing???? I'll check further, but I
    expect to see: "BRAKE CABLES: Plastic coated with Real Wire inside", or "TIRES: Rubber, Inflatable"

    I can just picture it -- "Damn Wilbur, these here pedals got akshul ball bearin's in' em!!!! We'll
    have to return some beer cans and save up to buy this fine piece of 'Merkin Automotive Innovation!
    Its made by Jeep, so's it must be good!"

    I love this country!

    Tom

  9. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:49:44 -0700, Andy Chequer did issue forth:

    Quoted message said:

    I think the bowl of petunias put it best.

    Oh no, not again.

  10. "Huw Pritchard" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:49:44 -0700, Andy Chequer did issue forth:

    Quoted message said:

    I think the bowl of petunias put it best.

    Oh no, not again.

    Was that a HHGTTG reference from Andy?

    Shaun aRe - Or is my memory as foggy as my bike glasses?

  11. The only one would be the AWD one

    Fire up MTB 03

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.