Jerry Seinfeld's bike...

leeloo67

Oct 11, 2010
What kind of bike is that hanging in the background of Jerry's apartment on "Seinfeld?" He never rides it...

It was an older Klein MTB and the fork was mounted backwards. No wonder he never rode it.

Quote:fork was mounted backwards

Actually the stem was 180 degrees out.

The only way to have the fork backwards would be to put the steerer tube down into the head tube. The bars would then be adjacent to the down tube and the front wheel would be above the top tube.

One was a Klein but I remember a different frame also. I'll have to think about it since it has been a while.

Don't recall any other bike brand other than the Klein, but I recall a number of occasions where Jerry and George would be discussing some trivial matter in front a bike store with the name 'Specialized' displayed prominently behind on a signboard or the window glass. I would always wonder how much Specialized was paying for the advertising...

A friend tells me there was a Cannondale (blue and silver) for a short time, between Kleins. I'm not a big watcher of JS or similar, so haven't seen very many episodes. Just what I was told.

"The Apology" rerun was on last night - the episode where Jerry's girlfriend is always naked. Well she "fixed" his bike and while she was showing it to him he said "I don't really ride it, it's just for show..." It looked like the fork was on correctly so maybe that was what she "fixed."

Ya know, I don't think Jerry ever actually rode the bike at all, I've only ever seen the bike on his wall. Regardless I want to take a minute to give a bit of a background on the question for the contest, and yes I'll get to the winners but you have to wait or just scroll down I guess. If you're truly into Seinfeld you might remember that he had a bike hanging on his wall. I've never paid enough attention to catch it, but some say the fork was on backwards at first. Shortly after that the bike was replaced by a silver and blue cannondale.

David abraham

A bit of the Google, thanks to Kimber the Googlier.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-faq/mountain-bikes/section-39.html

I knew there were two different frames but my memory is not what is use to be..............actually it never was.

I'm photo crazed.

9.16.9%20seinfeld%203.jpg