rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

just have a few Qs

Started by austin · · Last activity · 19 posts · 364 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
6 November 2007
Last activity
7 November 2007
Original author
austin
Posts
19
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
364
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–19 of 19
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am new to unicycling and I have a uni from a friend that is just a old
    craper. So I have been looking for a nice uni on ebay that is 100 bucks
    or so. There are tons of torkers on ebay so I was wondering if torkers
    were a good brand or not. I thought the cx looked good but I have no
    idea😕

    --
    austin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    austin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16079
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Torker is a great brand, but go with the LX. The LX is a lot better than
    the CX, mainly in the frame and seat. And the LX seat can be easily
    modded to an airseat if you ever want to do that.

    The LX will allow you learn most of very style. Its actually a really
    great freestyle unicycle, and you be able to learn the basics of
    trials, and street, flatland, and do some muni on it.

    How long have you been riding the other unicycle?

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Torker is a great brand, but go with the LX. The LX is a lot better than
    the CX, mainly in the frame and seat. And the LX seat can be easily
    modded to an airseat if you ever want to do that.

    The LX will allow you learn most of very style. Its actually a really
    great freestyle unicycle, and you be able to learn the basics of
    trials, and street, flatland, and do some muni on it.

    How long have you been riding the other unicycle?

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. Torker is a great brand, but go with the LX. The LX is a lot better than
    the CX, mainly in the frame and seat. And the LX seat can be easily
    modded to an airseat if you ever want to do that.

    The LX will allow you learn most of very style. Its actually a really
    great freestyle unicycle, and you be able to learn the basics of
    trials, and street, flatland, and do some muni on it.

    How long have you been riding the other unicycle?

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. When you say you are new to unicycling, exactly how new are you? If you
    are still learning how to ride, then I'd just stick to your friend's
    uni. The CX probably won't be that much better, and it'll save you
    money to wait.

    If by new you mean you know how to ride for the most part, but you're
    trying to get into more advanced kinds of unicycling, then the CX is
    still not a great choice. If you are looking for an entry level
    trials/street unicycle, the Torker DX and the Nimbus Trials are both
    good options. These both cost upwards of 200 dollars though, I'm not
    sure how great a uni you will get for under 100 dollars.

    --
    Jedimind
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jedimind's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15483
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. When you say you are new to unicycling, exactly how new are you? If you
    are still learning how to ride, then I'd just stick to your friend's
    uni. The CX probably won't be that much better, and it'll save you
    money to wait.

    If by new you mean you know how to ride for the most part, but you're
    trying to get into more advanced kinds of unicycling, then the CX is
    still not a great choice. If you are looking for an entry level
    trials/street unicycle, the Torker DX and the Nimbus Trials are both
    good options. These both cost upwards of 200 dollars though, I'm not
    sure how great a uni you will get for under 100 dollars.

    --
    Jedimind
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jedimind's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15483
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. When you say you are new to unicycling, exactly how new are you? If you
    are still learning how to ride, then I'd just stick to your friend's
    uni. The CX probably won't be that much better, and it'll save you
    money to wait.

    If by new you mean you know how to ride for the most part, but you're
    trying to get into more advanced kinds of unicycling, then the CX is
    still not a great choice. If you are looking for an entry level
    trials/street unicycle, the Torker DX and the Nimbus Trials are both
    good options. These both cost upwards of 200 dollars though, I'm not
    sure how great a uni you will get for under 100 dollars.

    --
    Jedimind
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jedimind's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15483
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Oh ok thanks. When I say new I mean I have only been learning for about
    a week. I just wasn't sure if learning on a new one would be easer. I
    plan to spend more money on a uni in the future I just wanted something
    cheeper for now. I really like my friends 20 in Nimbus trials with lSlS
    Hub, with the creepy crawler wheel, and Kris Holm cranks. Thanks😄

    --
    austin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    austin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16079
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. Oh ok thanks. When I say new I mean I have only been learning for about
    a week. I just wasn't sure if learning on a new one would be easer. I
    plan to spend more money on a uni in the future I just wanted something
    cheeper for now. I really like my friends 20 in Nimbus trials with lSlS
    Hub, with the creepy crawler wheel, and Kris Holm cranks. Thanks😄

    --
    austin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    austin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16079
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. Oh ok thanks. When I say new I mean I have only been learning for about
    a week. I just wasn't sure if learning on a new one would be easer. I
    plan to spend more money on a uni in the future I just wanted something
    cheeper for now. I really like my friends 20 in Nimbus trials with lSlS
    Hub, with the creepy crawler wheel, and Kris Holm cranks. Thanks😄

    --
    austin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    austin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16079
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. austin said:

    I really like my friends 20 in Nimbus trials with lSlS Hub, with the
    creepy crawler wheel, and Kris Holm cranks.

    yeah that sounds pretty sweet. i think a torker LX is the best for
    learning, it was my second uni though.

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oneisenough's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. austin said:

    I really like my friends 20 in Nimbus trials with lSlS Hub, with the
    creepy crawler wheel, and Kris Holm cranks.

    yeah that sounds pretty sweet. i think a torker LX is the best for
    learning, it was my second uni though.

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oneisenough's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. austin said:

    I really like my friends 20 in Nimbus trials with lSlS Hub, with the
    creepy crawler wheel, and Kris Holm cranks.

    yeah that sounds pretty sweet. i think a torker LX is the best for
    learning, it was my second uni though.

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oneisenough's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  14. Austin you dummy, why don't you just ask me.😄

    --
    cody
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cody's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15910
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  15. Austin you dummy, why don't you just ask me.😄

    --
    cody
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cody's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15910
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  16. Austin you dummy, why don't you just ask me.😄

    --
    cody
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cody's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15910
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  17. I have never seen one of these, but I like Dimensions other stuff, cheap
    yet good pedals etc.

    For 80 $, you get a double walled alum rim.

    Also, standard size wheel bearings that can be bought online for 1 $
    each. Torker's all use a special size bearings that cost 30 $/pr. So if
    you ever need new bearings, you would be glad to have one of these. Not
    that you will likely need them,but it is a possibility. I would prefer
    a cheap 24 to start out riding around the hood. Then maybe spring for a
    bigger $ trials bike later if you want to go that way.

    http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/CELLBIKEUNI/UN1008

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  18. I have never seen one of these, but I like Dimensions other stuff, cheap
    yet good pedals etc.

    For 80 $, you get a double walled alum rim.

    Also, standard size wheel bearings that can be bought online for 1 $
    each. Torker's all use a special size bearings that cost 30 $/pr. So if
    you ever need new bearings, you would be glad to have one of these. Not
    that you will likely need them,but it is a possibility. I would prefer
    a cheap 24 to start out riding around the hood. Then maybe spring for a
    bigger $ trials bike later if you want to go that way.

    http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/CELLBIKEUNI/UN1008

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  19. I have never seen one of these, but I like Dimensions other stuff, cheap
    yet good pedals etc.

    For 80 $, you get a double walled alum rim.

    Also, standard size wheel bearings that can be bought online for 1 $
    each. Torker's all use a special size bearings that cost 30 $/pr. So if
    you ever need new bearings, you would be glad to have one of these. Not
    that you will likely need them,but it is a possibility. I would prefer
    a cheap 24 to start out riding around the hood. Then maybe spring for a
    bigger $ trials bike later if you want to go that way.

    http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/CELLBIKEUNI/UN1008

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65512

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.