rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

just how strong is a kh muni?

Started by BungleBanks · · Last activity · 6 posts · 362 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 July 2004
Last activity
11 July 2004
Original author
BungleBanks
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
362
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. you may have read my other thread about crank play,

    i was thinking of getting the wheel rebuilt and gatting a kh hub and
    cranks instead but would it be worth it? or should i sell mine for cheap
    and save up for a kh 24 muni?

    what shal i do? any suggestions?

    --
    BungleBanks - Wooden Chipmunk!

    So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
    push it round for fun!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BungleBanks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5830
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33840

  2. Well I have KH hub and crank set on my muni and they are great! So I
    would have thought a KH muni would be awesome too. It's got a nice frame
    with a thick seat stem and machined bearing housings which I've heard
    are superior to regular main cap ones. All CrMo I think. If you have the
    money, why not? But just getting the hub and cranks is good.

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS

    "I'm going to be polite in this whole message except for here.

    Idiot." - John Foss

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33840

  3. I only have the KH wheelset on a Yuni frame. I love it. It totally
    takes what I give it. I am very big, 235 lbs. I don't jump and hop
    like the young kids, but I have dropped off 20" high stuff multiple
    times.

    For my kind of riding, it is very strong! --chirokid--

    --
    chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

    "Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
    helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
    quote by Mikefule

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33840

  4. hello 🙂

    the frame in uni is used only to have the contron to the wheel. nothing
    more. you don't put any stress to the frame if you want to be a father
    in the future🙂 you are putting sterss to the frame if you are sitting
    on it and riding buy as you know its not tu much. every stress is going
    directly to the hub.

    to go to the poing in the frame is only importent the shape to not the
    hit the frame with the knees and that's it.

    kh frame
    I have kh frame but I was not lucky and it was how to say not straight.
    when I put one meter long tube into the seat post it was 2cm distance on
    the end of the tube to the line going thrue the center of the fork 🙂 I
    send letter to the unicycle.uk.com but without answer 🙁 so I rewelded
    the frame because it was difficult to ride on it. I payed 8 euros for
    that and now everything is ok

    kh hub
    is very heavy but very stron. at the beggining I was complaining on the
    cricking the hub but when I use anti-sease it stopped. to add something
    after 3 months driving I bent the cranks a little but I take off the and
    put in another way and know it's ok 🙂

    so if you don't want to spend to much money buy the kh hub and the
    standard frame. that's my opinon. nice riding

    best regards

    --
    jorkee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jorkee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4846
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33840


  5. Quoted message said:

    the frame in uni is used only to have the contron to the wheel.
    nothing more. you don't put any stress to the frame if you want to be
    a father in the future you are putting sterss to the frame if you are
    sitting on it and riding buy as you know its not tu much. every stress
    is going directly to the hub.

    I know the frame is the least important of the major components of a
    unicycle, but from what I can gather in recent frame related posts, the
    bearing holders and joint between the frame and bearing holders takes an
    incredible amount stress through twisting and turning, especially on
    muni.

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS

    "I'm going to be polite in this whole message except for here.

    Idiot." - John Foss

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33840

  6. jorkee, I assume that is Tomasz Bonczarowski, we have written to you 3
    times in response to your email to us regarding this matter. We have a
    replacement frame ready to go to you, but we need a delivery address.
    If you can send us that we can send you the replacement frame.
    Sorry to use the forum to contact you, but have failed by other means.

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33840

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.