General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

ketosis sticks (?)

Started by Clint · · Last activity · 10 posts · 638 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 January 2006
Last activity
23 January 2006
Original author
Clint
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
638
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. where can you get them?

    Clint

  2. I think you can get them at any pharmacy, walgreens, etc. They are only
    used for low carbing secondary to their real use is for testing type I
    diabetes

  3. Clint said:

    where can you get them?

    Clint

    Drugstore..... ask where the diabetic supplies are kept, if not on the
    shelves.

    In my local Walgreens, they are in the pharmacy area but require no
    prescription.

    --
    1) Eat Till SATISFIED, Not STUFFED... Atkins repeated 9 times in the book
    2) Exercise: It's Non-Negotiable..... Chapter 22 title, Atkins book
    3) Don't Diet Without Supplimental Nutrients... Chapter 23 title, Atkins
    book
    4) A sensible eating plan, and follow it. (Atkins, Self Made or Other)

  4. In article <[email hidden]>, jbuch@CUT_HERE.revealed.net
    says...

    Quoted message said:
    Clint said:

    where can you get them?

    Clint

    Drugstore..... ask where the diabetic supplies are kept, if not on the
    shelves.

    In my local Walgreens, they are in the pharmacy area but require no
    prescription.

    You can get them at a lower cost from Costco, but you have to ask at the
    pharmacy window.

    I found them to be helpful when I first started low-carbing, but they
    are a nuisance to use and aren't always accurate, so I stopped using
    them after the first couple of months. What I DID do in my initial
    enthusiasm (based on a tip I found here) was to cut them in half
    vertically, giving me twice as many sticks for my money :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/134/125
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

    *** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
    in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***

  5. You can also buy them online at drug stores, health shops, diet shops,
    etc

  6. thanks

    --
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."
    - John Wayne
    "Beth M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I think you can get them at any pharmacy, walgreens, etc. They are only
    used for low carbing secondary to their real use is for testing type I
    diabetes

  7. Saffire said:


    I found them to be helpful when I first started low-carbing, but they
    are a nuisance to use and aren't always accurate, so I stopped using
    them after the first couple of months.

    I like to view the sticks like training wheels. The goal of training
    wheels is to be able to ride your bike without them. The goal
    of the sticks should be to tell if you're in ketosis without them.
    The smell on the breath, different feeling of warmth, there are an
    assortment of physical symptoms for ketosis that various folks
    get. Learn one or more of those and you won't need the sticks
    any more.

    But during the first two weeks when ketosis is that temporary
    very strong initial burst, it's good to watch the sticks turn
    dark and then taper to light as the natural adjustments happen
    in about week 3.

    Quoted message said:

    What I DID do in my initial
    enthusiasm (based on a tip I found here) was to cut them in half
    vertically, giving me twice as many sticks for my money :-)

    The problem is once the can is open even tiny amounts of
    moisture from humidity damage the sticks. A can of 30 might
    go bad before 60 days have past.

    - Read Saffire's weekly advice. Best stuff out there.

  8. "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Saffire said:


    I found them to be helpful when I first started low-carbing, but they
    are a nuisance to use and aren't always accurate, so I stopped using
    them after the first couple of months.

    I like to view the sticks like training wheels. The goal of training
    wheels is to be able to ride your bike without them. The goal
    of the sticks should be to tell if you're in ketosis without them.
    The smell on the breath, different feeling of warmth, there are an
    assortment of physical symptoms for ketosis that various folks
    get. Learn one or more of those and you won't need the sticks
    any more.

    But during the first two weeks when ketosis is that temporary
    very strong initial burst, it's good to watch the sticks turn
    dark and then taper to light as the natural adjustments happen
    in about week 3.

    Quoted message said:

    What I DID do in my initial
    enthusiasm (based on a tip I found here) was to cut them in half
    vertically, giving me twice as many sticks for my money :-)

    The problem is once the can is open even tiny amounts of
    moisture from humidity damage the sticks. A can of 30 might
    go bad before 60 days have past.

    I have no symptoms in ketosis. None at all.

  9. 8. Joe the Aroma Jan 23, 3:36 pm

    "I have no symptoms in ketosis. None at all. "

    Neither do I, this is just another of Doug's crazy posts
    to straightforward questions. If the guy wants to know where
    to buy ketostix, the answer is a drug store, health food store, or
    online, not a lecture about what Doug thinks about ketosis.

  10. Joe the Aroma said:
    Doug Freyburger said:

    Saffire wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I found them to be helpful when I first started low-carbing, but they
    are a nuisance to use and aren't always accurate, so I stopped using
    them after the first couple of months.

    Quoted message said:

    I like to view the sticks like training wheels. The goal of training
    wheels is to be able to ride your bike without them. The goal
    of the sticks should be to tell if you're in ketosis without them.

    I have no symptoms in ketosis. None at all.

    Lots do, lots don't. It's why i phrased it as a goal not as a
    certainty. Good correction of my wording.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.