rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

KH hub on nimbus frame, will it fit?

Started by The.Mars.Volta · · Last activity · 11 posts · 235 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
17 February 2007
Last activity
17 February 2007
Original author
The.Mars.Volta
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
235
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey,
    I know I already asked this question in unicycle product reviews, but I
    will probs get more attention here. So will the 'KH Hub'
    (http://tinyurl.com/yxtukk) fit on the 'Nimbus Frame'
    (http://tinyurl.com/yqde4e) that comes with the 20 Nimbus Trials?
    I'm getting a Nimbus Trials soon and I want to get it strong.

    Thanks for any comments
    Reef

    P.S. Sorry if there's already a thread on this, I tried searching, but
    found nothing.

    --
    The.Mars.Volta

    juggle508 said:

    I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
    flips.
    It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
    in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
    flip backwards then forwards

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
    'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
    Unicycle 4 SATAN
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  2. Mate of mine has a nimbus frame and he has the KH hub on his but he got
    a full wheel build done from unicycle.com haven't had any problems with
    it so far

    --
    bungalistic

    A COMMON MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DESIGN SOMETHING
    COMPLETELY FOOLPROOF IS TO UNDERESTIMATE THE INGENUITY OF THE COMPLETE
    FOOLS

    My Gallery (http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=192026">My
    gallery)

    'Fat-Tyre.co.uk' (http://www.fat-tyre.co.uk/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bungalistic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12035
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  3. bungalistic said:

    Mate of mine has a nimbus frame and he has the KH hub on his but he got
    a full wheel build done from unicycle.com haven't had any problems with
    it so far

    so what he got a kh wheelset (hub and all) and it fits on the nimbus
    frame?

    --
    The.Mars.Volta

    juggle508 said:

    I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
    flips.
    It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
    in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
    flip backwards then forwards

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
    'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
    Unicycle 4 SATAN
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  4. The.Mars.Volta said:

    so what he got a kh wheelset (hub and all) and it fits on the nimbus
    frame?

    Wheelset usually include hub, cranks, spokes and rim. Not always
    cranks. Nimbus cranks aren't ISIS so I think probably he(or she) got
    cranks too.

    Edit: I've seen 24" KH -07 wheelset in Nimbus 24" frame, so I think it
    will fit and many peoples recommend to get Nimbus II frame for trials,
    because it's cheap.

    --
    henkka
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    henkka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13817
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  5. henkka said:

    Wheelset usually include hub, cranks, spokes and rim. Not always cranks.
    Nimbus cranks aren't ISIS so I think probably he(or she) got cranks
    too.

    Edit: I've seen 24" KH -07 wheelset in Nimbus 24" frame, so I think it
    will fit and many peoples recommend to get Nimbus II frame for trials,
    because it's cheap.

    ok yeah.
    doesnt jerrick say if you torker dx frame brakes just get a nimbus?

    so it will most likely fit?

    --
    The.Mars.Volta

    juggle508 said:

    I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
    flips.
    It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
    in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
    flip backwards then forwards

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
    'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
    Unicycle 4 SATAN
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  6. ya it will don't worry about it.

    --
    gordito8me

    36er fund = 19$ out of 375$
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  7. gnarly thanks for clearing that up guys.

    --
    The.Mars.Volta

    juggle508 said:

    I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
    flips.
    It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
    in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
    flip backwards then forwards

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
    'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
    Unicycle 4 SATAN
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  8. that's what we're here for. 🙂

    --
    gordito8me

    36er fund = 19$ out of 375$
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  9. gordito8me said:

    that's what we're here for. 🙂

    oh, I thought that you're here just to be silly.

    🙂

    --
    mornish

    aim:kiloornish
    email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

    muniaddict said:

    does he have me confused with somebody who's actually good?

    Brian MacKenzie said:

    you're gonna need a flux capacitor and a shot of plutonium


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  10. Yes it will, the hub has 42mm bearings, and the frame only has 40mm
    bearing holders, but it works fine, I did it for years.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

  11. ok then but first i need to save up $200 for the kh hub and cranks.
    so it will be a little further down the track
    thanks
    Reef

    --
    The.Mars.Volta

    juggle508 said:

    I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
    flips.
    It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
    in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
    flip backwards then forwards

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
    'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
    Unicycle 4 SATAN
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58070

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.