General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Kill Bill (in Forté Agent) Vol. 1

Started by JMW · · Last activity · 69 posts · 1,070 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 March 2006
Last activity
28 March 2006
Original author
JMW
Posts
69
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,070
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 69
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After examining a recent flood of Bill Davidson's troll postings, I
    found a moderately efficient method of killfiling all his posts after
    downloading them but without opening a single one. It is not
    absolutely perfect [a few exceptions below], but it works pretty well.
    This method was created through Forté Agent 1.91, so if the keystrokes
    are different in later versions of Agent, someone should tell me. As
    I said before, when the folks at Forté create a method to do this
    automatically, I'll gladly upgrade to their newest version.

    Here is the procedure:

    Ctl-G (this opens the Global Search dialog box)

    Cut and paste the following string:

    x-trace: {^.*egcmjhhibopfakdb}

    This needs to be done only once. After the first time, it will
    automatically appear, unless you do another Global Search. Even
    then, all you have to do is go to History:

    Alt-H and click string

    Alt-A (This activates Find All to search out all the posts)

    Alt-V (This activates View All to view all posts in main window)

    Ctl-A (This activates Select All and highlights all the posts)

    Delete (All Bill's messages go to the Trash Folder!)

    To return to the regular message window, just click the little
    binoculars icon at the top of the subject column.

    A few caveats:

    1. I noticed that killfiling this X-Trace string may have killed
    posts from a few legitimate posters who cross-posted from the
    metalworking newsgroup in one thread. They probably post from Bill's
    ISP, too. Sorry, guys, but you're not MFW regulars, and killfiling
    Bill Davidson is more important. Plus, one can always check for the
    possibility of legitimate posters after pressing Alt-V for "View All."

    2. These won't killfiles Bill's occasional postings through Google
    Groups, but his Google Groups personae are pretty quickly recognized
    and he's require to use a verifiable email address for those posts,
    which can be quickly killfiled through the classic:

    Ctl-K -> Alt-D -> Enter -> Y

    Once you killfile one of his Google Groups email addresses, the filter
    will intercept any future messages with that address, and he'll need
    to set up another account, not just type in a new fake email address.

    DO NOT use the regular email killfile for Bill's posts except through
    Google Groups. He has started forging the legitimate email addresses
    of others, particularly John Hanson, and that will killfile the
    legitimate poster, as well as killfiling Bill Davidson. If you
    haven't read any of Hanson's posts recently, that's why.

    I welcome any feedback on this method.

    --

    No puppies were harmed during the posting of this
    message. Any similarity of identities defamed to
    actual persons living, dead, or existing in a
    transcendental state is purely coincidental.

  2. JMW said:

    DO NOT use the regular email killfile for Bill's posts except through
    Google Groups. He has started forging the legitimate email addresses
    of others, particularly John Hanson, and that will killfile the
    legitimate poster, as well as killfiling Bill Davidson. If you
    haven't read any of Hanson's posts recently, that's why.

    Thanks for the tips dickface. I'll quickly improve, as I did the last
    time you pointed out my failings.

    Quoted message said:

    I welcome any feedback on this method.

    It's helping me tremendously. Overall it's a really stupid idea for
    the NG, but it helps me.

  3. JMW said:

    DO NOT use the regular email killfile for Bill's posts

    Now I'd never copy someones email address. That is internet suicide,
    because you'll get blocked so fast your head will spin. That's a
    rookie mistake, I'm no rookie.

  4. "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    After examining a recent flood of Bill Davidson's troll postings, I
    found a moderately efficient method of killfiling all his posts after
    downloading them but without opening a single one. It is not
    absolutely perfect [a few exceptions below], but it works pretty well.
    This method was created through Forté Agent 1.91, so if the keystrokes
    are different in later versions of Agent, someone should tell me. As
    I said before, when the folks at Forté create a method to do this
    automatically, I'll gladly upgrade to their newest version.

    Here is the procedure:

    Ctl-G (this opens the Global Search dialog box)

    Cut and paste the following string:

    x-trace: {^.*egcmjhhibopfakdb}

    This needs to be done only once. After the first time, it will
    automatically appear, unless you do another Global Search. Even
    then, all you have to do is go to History:

    Alt-H and click string

    Alt-A (This activates Find All to search out all the posts)

    Alt-V (This activates View All to view all posts in main window)

    Ctl-A (This activates Select All and highlights all the posts)

    Delete (All Bill's messages go to the Trash Folder!)

    To return to the regular message window, just click the little
    binoculars icon at the top of the subject column.

    A few caveats:

    1. I noticed that killfiling this X-Trace string may have killed
    posts from a few legitimate posters who cross-posted from the
    metalworking newsgroup in one thread. They probably post from Bill's
    ISP, too. Sorry, guys, but you're not MFW regulars, and killfiling
    Bill Davidson is more important. Plus, one can always check for the
    possibility of legitimate posters after pressing Alt-V for "View All."

    2. These won't killfiles Bill's occasional postings through Google
    Groups, but his Google Groups personae are pretty quickly recognized
    and he's require to use a verifiable email address for those posts,
    which can be quickly killfiled through the classic:

    Ctl-K -> Alt-D -> Enter -> Y

    Once you killfile one of his Google Groups email addresses, the filter
    will intercept any future messages with that address, and he'll need
    to set up another account, not just type in a new fake email address.

    DO NOT use the regular email killfile for Bill's posts except through
    Google Groups. He has started forging the legitimate email addresses
    of others, particularly John Hanson, and that will killfile the
    legitimate poster, as well as killfiling Bill Davidson. If you
    haven't read any of Hanson's posts recently, that's why.

    I welcome any feedback on this method.

    Good info. I've also noticed he's forging legit addresses but I've
    found, at least in Outlook Express, there is also a simple Delete button
    that gets rid of offending messages individually or an entire thread, so
    that in combination with a kill file makes things pretty reasonable for
    me. Pain to have to delete his messages but such is life.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

  5. "Steve Freides" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Good info. I've also noticed he's forging legit addresses but I've found,
    at least in Outlook Express, there is also a simple Delete button that
    gets rid of offending messages individually or an entire thread, so that
    in combination with a kill file makes things pretty reasonable for me.
    Pain to have to delete his messages but such is life.

    "Simple Delete Button"?

    Where did they hide this?

  6. "Lee Michaels" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Steve Freides" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Good info. I've also noticed he's forging legit addresses but I've
    found, at least in Outlook Express, there is also a simple Delete
    button that gets rid of offending messages individually or an entire
    thread, so that in combination with a kill file makes things pretty
    reasonable for me. Pain to have to delete his messages but such is
    life.

    "Simple Delete Button"?

    Where did they hide this?

    🙂

    I don't think it was always there - it may be something I changed in the
    way the newsreader is configured. It used to be, for me, anyway, that
    you couldn't delete an individual message from the headers you'd
    downloaded.

    Or maybe I just never noticed it ...

    -S-

  7. Steve Freides <[email hidden]> wrote:

    re TBR

    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    Pain to have to delete his messages but such is life.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    I suspect that offering the following thoughts to *J
    Much-too-much-time-on-his-hands W* would be pointless, but perhaps
    you'll be more open to discussion:

    What is wrong with simply ignoring, skipping over, not opening posts
    by Bill? I can just skip over anything that resembles Pervy
    McPerversity, can't you?

    He makes it easy simply by the names he chooses. I mean WHY put
    yourself through the so-called pain of deleting at all?

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  8. "Steve Freides" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    After examining a recent flood of Bill Davidson's troll postings, I
    found a moderately efficient method of killfiling all his posts after
    downloading them but without opening a single one. It is not
    absolutely perfect [a few exceptions below], but it works pretty well.
    This method was created through Forté Agent 1.91, so if the keystrokes
    are different in later versions of Agent, someone should tell me. As
    I said before, when the folks at Forté create a method to do this
    automatically, I'll gladly upgrade to their newest version.

    Here is the procedure:

    Ctl-G (this opens the Global Search dialog box)

    Cut and paste the following string:

    x-trace: {^.*egcmjhhibopfakdb}

    This needs to be done only once. After the first time, it will
    automatically appear, unless you do another Global Search. Even
    then, all you have to do is go to History:

    Alt-H and click string

    Alt-A (This activates Find All to search out all the posts)

    Alt-V (This activates View All to view all posts in main window)

    Ctl-A (This activates Select All and highlights all the posts)

    Delete (All Bill's messages go to the Trash Folder!)

    To return to the regular message window, just click the little
    binoculars icon at the top of the subject column.

    A few caveats:

    1. I noticed that killfiling this X-Trace string may have killed
    posts from a few legitimate posters who cross-posted from the
    metalworking newsgroup in one thread. They probably post from Bill's
    ISP, too. Sorry, guys, but you're not MFW regulars, and killfiling
    Bill Davidson is more important. Plus, one can always check for the
    possibility of legitimate posters after pressing Alt-V for "View All."

    2. These won't killfiles Bill's occasional postings through Google
    Groups, but his Google Groups personae are pretty quickly recognized
    and he's require to use a verifiable email address for those posts,
    which can be quickly killfiled through the classic:

    Ctl-K -> Alt-D -> Enter -> Y

    Once you killfile one of his Google Groups email addresses, the filter
    will intercept any future messages with that address, and he'll need
    to set up another account, not just type in a new fake email address.

    DO NOT use the regular email killfile for Bill's posts except through
    Google Groups. He has started forging the legitimate email addresses
    of others, particularly John Hanson, and that will killfile the
    legitimate poster, as well as killfiling Bill Davidson. If you
    haven't read any of Hanson's posts recently, that's why.

    I welcome any feedback on this method.

    Good info. I've also noticed he's forging legit addresses but I've found,
    at least in Outlook Express, there is also a simple Delete button that
    gets rid of offending messages individually or an entire thread, so that
    in combination with a kill file makes things pretty reasonable for me.
    Pain to have to delete his messages but such is life.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com


    Yeah, Ctl-D in outlook express if you want to go through the trouble.
    Personally, I'm getting used to the background noise.

  9. "Curt James" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Steve Freides <[email hidden]> wrote:

    re TBR

    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    Pain to have to delete his messages but such is life.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    I suspect that offering the following thoughts to *J
    Much-too-much-time-on-his-hands W* would be pointless, but perhaps
    you'll be more open to discussion:

    What is wrong with simply ignoring, skipping over, not opening posts
    by Bill? I can just skip over anything that resembles Pervy
    McPerversity, can't you?

    He makes it easy simply by the names he chooses. I mean WHY put
    yourself through the so-called pain of deleting at all?

    Very simple answer. There would be nothing left to moan about.

  10. David <[email hidden]> wrote:

    I scribbled:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    WHY put yourself through the so-called pain of deleting

    Very simple answer. There would be nothing left to moan about.

    Ah, of course. Generally, it's true that people love to [censored] and moan.
    Even moreso in newsgroups. Hnh.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  11. Ranieri said:

    Yeah, Ctl-D in outlook express if you want to go through the trouble.
    Personally, I'm getting used to the background noise.

    Was it you who called him the homeless guy with Tourette's shouting
    explitives over in the corner of the bar by the door?

    I think of it as a sort of smoke-screen. We've got real conversations
    going on, but people would wander in unless they already know that, due
    to the smelly offensive troll shouting at everyone as they walk through
    the door.

    It's kind of a white noise with blue undertones.

    I guess I've gotten used to it.

    Dally

  12. Dally said:
    Ranieri said:

    Yeah, Ctl-D in outlook express if you want to go through the trouble.
    Personally, I'm getting used to the background noise.

    Was it you who called him the homeless guy with Tourette's shouting
    explitives over in the corner of the bar by the door?

    I think of it as a sort of smoke-screen. We've got real conversations
    going on, but people would wander in unless they already know that, due
    to the smelly offensive troll shouting at everyone as they walk through
    the door.

    It's kind of a white noise with blue undertones.

    I guess I've gotten used to it.

    Having Bill Davidson around is like raising a retarded child with a
    behavioral disorder; you get used to it, but it still can be
    embarrassing when strangers come around.

  13. "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Having Bill Davidson around is like raising a retarded child with a
    behavioral disorder; you get used to it, but it still can be
    embarrassing when strangers come around.

    Now thats funny. And true.

  14. On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 04:43:04 -0600, "Ranieri" <nah> wrote in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Having Bill Davidson around is like raising a retarded child with a
    behavioral disorder; you get used to it, but it still can be
    embarrassing when strangers come around.

    Now thats funny. And true.


    I feel sorry for Andrea.

  15. JMW said:

    Having Bill Davidson around is like raising a retarded child with a
    behavioral disorder; you get used to it, but it still can be
    embarrassing when strangers come around.

    Especially when I go poo poo in my diaper, and you have to change me
    in front of people, and "Mr Bill" pops up, and sprays you with urine.
    That's pretty good...

  16. John Hanson said:

    I feel sorry for Andrea.

    My female personna?

  17. On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:36:55 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Very simple answer. There would be nothing left to moan about.

    EXACTLY! Without me, you [censored] would have nothing to [censored] about.

  18. John Hanson said:

    On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:25:49 -0500, [email hidden] wrote in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:
    John Hanson said:

    I feel sorry for Andrea.

    My female personna?

    She hates you...your daughter Andrea. That's why she ran away from
    home and why she won't see you. That's one of the reasons you lash
    out here.

    LOL If I had a daughter named Andrea, it'd be relavent.
    Could you/I possibly be any stooopider?

  19. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    She hates you...your daughter Andrea. That's why she ran away from
    home and why she won't see you. That's one of the reasons you lash
    out here.

    LOL If I had a daughter named Andrea, it'd be relavent.
    Could you/I possibly be any stooopider?

    A quick check of local tele listings, lists an Andrea Davidson in
    westfield. I guess the moron opens a phone book and invents relatives
    based on the names. LOL

  20. On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:25:49 -0500, [email hidden] wrote in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:
    John Hanson said:

    I feel sorry for Andrea.

    My female personna?

    She hates you...your daughter Andrea. That's why she ran away from
    home and why she won't see you. That's one of the reasons you lash
    out here.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.