Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Killer "Bs" multiplying in South Florida!

Started by Ez Biker :-\) · · Last activity · 9 posts · 1,368 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
12 February 2003
Last activity
13 February 2003
Original author
Ez Biker :-\)
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,368
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. GEEZ, the recent Bacchetta Recumbo rally has really stirred up a "Bs" nest down here in South
    Florida! Besides my $$$ plunk down for an Aero, Jose (BROL) is expecting his Strada, any day now and
    a fellow SFRR member (Sergio) is expected to move on a Corsa (?) soon. Some other person at the
    recent rally has just ordered a Strada, yesterday from Bicycle Spot. (Place where rally was held)
    Still another person where I work is planning on a Strada move soon. And of course our own recumbo
    Diva, Shari Bernhard (Queen B(?) already has her Giro!

    THE B'S ARE LOOSE! THE B'S ARE LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!

    EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

  2. You folks are getting GREAT bikes from great people ...BUT ... you should at least test-ride the
    Vision Saber R-65/R-68 before you jump to any conclusions about what's "best" among the
    new-generation two-big-wheel recumbos.
    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :-)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    GEEZ, the recent Bacchetta Recumbo rally has really stirred up a "Bs" nest down here in South
    Florida! Besides my $$$ plunk down for an Aero, Jose (BROL) is expecting his Strada, any day now
    and a fellow SFRR member (Sergio) is expected to move on a Corsa (?) soon. Some other person at
    the recent rally has just ordered a Strada, yesterday from Bicycle Spot.


    (Place

    Quoted message said:

    where rally was held) Still another person where I work is planning on a Strada move soon. And of
    course our own recumbo Diva, Shari Bernhard


    (Queen

    Quoted message said:

    B(?) already has her Giro!

    THE B'S ARE LOOSE! THE B'S ARE LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!

    EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

  3. I have not ridden either bike but it appears to me that the seat height is higher on the Saber 27"
    while the Aero is 22" . Would the lower seat height be an advantage to balance and aerodynamics? Jim
    Nordly TE, Screamer.

  4. The Saber is quite possibly a great bike but Im too short so I'll be getting a
    Strada/Corsa/Aero hybrid.

    Jose Jose A. Hernandez Recumbent Cycling Means NEVER Having to Say Your'e Sore!
    bentrideronline.combentrideronline.com getbent.orggetbent.org
    groups.yahoo.comSouthFloridaRecumbentRiders

  5. SORRY GATOR BOB, I'VE ALREADY jumped on the conclusion and have my Aero on order. I'm sure the Saber
    is nice; but I feel this need to be able to hang with my fellow KILLER B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EZ Biker
    :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Robert Siegel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You folks are getting GREAT bikes from great people ...BUT ... you should


    at

    Quoted message said:

    least test-ride the Vision Saber R-65/R-68 before you jump to any conclusions about what's "best"
    among the new-generation two-big-wheel recumbos.
    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :-)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    GEEZ, the recent Bacchetta Recumbo rally has really stirred up a "Bs"


    nest

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    down here in South Florida! Besides my $$$ plunk down for an Aero, Jose (BROL) is expecting his
    Strada, any day now and a fellow SFRR member (Sergio) is expected to move on a Corsa (?) soon.
    Some other person at


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    recent rally has just ordered a Strada, yesterday from Bicycle Spot.


    (Place

    Quoted message said:

    where rally was held) Still another person where I work is planning on a Strada move soon. And
    of course our own recumbo Diva, Shari Bernhard


    (Queen

    Quoted message said:

    B(?) already has her Giro!

    THE B'S ARE LOOSE! THE B'S ARE LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!

    EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta


    Aero

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Pilot)


  6. [email hidden] (Shortboat) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I have not ridden either bike but it appears to me that the seat height is higher on the Saber 27"
    while the Aero is 22" . Would the lower seat height be an advantage to balance and aerodynamics?
    Jim Nordly TE, Screamer.

    One thing that I forgot to add though, the lower seat height means a higher BB to seat relation
    which is not as comfortable for some of us. I think anyone with neck, shoulder or numb toe issues
    could have a problem on the Strada. Marci

  7. [email hidden] (Shortboat) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I have not ridden either bike but it appears to me that the seat height is higher on the Saber 27"
    while the Aero is 22" . Would the lower seat height be an advantage to balance and aerodynamics?
    Jim Nordly TE, Screamer.

    Seems like lower seat height would be an advantage. I have not ridden the Bachetta bikes but I do
    own the vision saber and I have no balance issue and the aerodynamics are good as evidenced by the
    bikes' amazing speed. It so far, is the fastest recumbent that I have ever owned...period. Marci

  8. Then Marci, perhaps you need to try a Bacchetta Aero... ;-) <Grin> EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl.
    (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Marci Taylor" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Shortboat) wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have not ridden either bike but it appears to me that the seat height


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    higher on the Saber 27" while the Aero is 22" . Would the lower seat


    height

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be an advantage to balance and aerodynamics? Jim Nordly TE, Screamer.

    Seems like lower seat height would be an advantage. I have not ridden the Bachetta bikes but I do
    own the vision saber and I have no balance issue and the aerodynamics are good as evidenced by the
    bikes' amazing speed. It so far, is the fastest recumbent that I have ever owned...period. Marci

  9. I have an Aero on order and can't wait to try it out. I didn't attend the Bacchetta Rally nor have I
    ridden one. However, i do have a Reynolds Ti T-Bone that I like very much and I'm looking forward to
    comparing the 2 bikes on different terrains and rides. Does anyone have experience on both bikes?

    Mick

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.