In article <[email hidden]>,
Gregory Morrow said:Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee grinders over the past years.
Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with
it, cleaning it, it taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my time...it's
just another useless appliance IMNSHO.
I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know when the freshest stuff
comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go through a pound about every week or so, and I let
them grind it. Then it resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of professional tasters in Sao Paulo
or wherever who take a sip and then spit it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...
Just because you do not have the palate to appreciate coffee quality doesn't mean that it's
all the same.
I suppose you're letting the coffee come to room temperature before opening the bag, so that
moisture doesn't condense on the coffee? Or are you putting it into individual serving-size bags so
that you don't have to re-freeze?
"Annoying sound of the grinder?" Only if it's a cheap, crappy grinder--sounds like you were using
those useless blade grinders. No wonder you didn't see a difference. My burr grinder is much quieter
than my microwave oven. No fiddling required, and only needs to be cleaned every few weeks.
Quoted message said:I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal to the nth degree about
it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No reason to get all silly and snobbish about it.
I've got plenty of other things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)
So what isn't "just..."? Anything can be reduced to "it's just...," so why bother discussing the
quality of anything?
--
to respond, change "spamless.invalid" with "optonline.net" please mail OT responses only