rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Kris Holm Trials vs. Koxx One Devil Trials

Started by unicycle6869 · · Last activity · 16 posts · 351 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
5 September 2006
Last activity
6 September 2006
Original author
unicycle6869
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
351
Views / 30 days
4
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
    results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: What would you get if they were the same price?

    - The NEW Kris Holm 20" Trials
    - Koxx One Devil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    OK here's the deal. I know there are many similar threads on this (and
    I've searched and read most of them) but I wanted to start up another
    one and take a poll to see what the scope is nowadays.

    Here is my diliema;
    I can get the brand new KH 20" that comes out sometime in the end of
    september for the same price as a koxx one devil. Which one should I
    get?

    Cause I like the looks of the devil much better and I think they both
    are about the same weight/strength. So vote now and then feel free to
    express yourself as to why you think what you think. Thanks.

    --
    unicycle6869

    Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

    Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
    screws the country?

    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
    morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"~Frank
    Sinatra
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  2. I would go for the new KH. This is because I believe that the KH out
    now and the Devil are about the same strength, and the new KH *should*
    be stronger. BUT, the new KH might need adjustments made to it, like
    flaws that havent beed noticed. But, for the same price, the new KH
    for sure.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    Add me at [email hidden]

    'i like things big' - Amanda

    'ive got a pen in my ear, it feels funny' - Dustin Schaap
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  3. KH20 for sure. I dont see why you would go for a koxx devil. The KH has
    a lighter frame, cranks, and I think Hub. The quality of the KH frame
    is better than the koxx steel frame. People are saying the KH rims are
    stronger than the rim on the koxx uni's. And I'm talking about the
    "old" KH. When the "new" 06 or 07 (depending on how long it takes Kris
    to get them out)comes out it could be Much Much better.

    I guess just the quality, strength, and lightness make the KH the
    weapon of choice.

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  4. deffinitly kh but how strong are the cranks on it?

    --
    vuniw

    ehh i didnt make this up but it takes twice the man (or woman) to ride
    half the bike and im sure everybody agrees

    unicycle isnt a hobby, its a life style
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vuniw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12772
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  5. if i say go for the koxx will somebody shoot me?

    i much prefer koxx's to KH's. i think it's more of a preference thing.

    --
    iridemymuni

    Evan Byrne said:

    hope you like my super crappy present, but hey, you said you needed a
    wrench.

    ~~hold bananas and chug counterfeit tobasco for christ~~

    'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  6. K O X X ! A L L T H E W A Y ! ! A N D A N Y O N E D I S S
    A G R E E S well thats ok.

    --
    ilosttheotherwheel
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ilosttheotherwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12841
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  7. koxx- better tire
    - wider rim( i think)
    -better looking
    -betetr seat.

    maby just personal prf. but i prefer koxx

    --
    manon1wheel

    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amgallacher: hi, im amanda, im skinny and i ride a unicycle, wanna go
    out sometime?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    need some new gear? Go to '661' (www.sixsixone.com) for some of the
    best gear around!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  8. manon1wheel said:

    koxx- better tire
    - wider rim( i think)
    -better looking
    -betetr seat.

    maby just personal prf. but i prefer koxx

    koxx has a wider rim, but it has holes all around it making it weak. KH
    rim is one of the best out there.

    In my opinion the KH looks better than the koxx devil. But I do like
    the other koxx uni's looks more than the KH. *But Looks Dont Make A
    Good Uni*

    The seat is probably better because its slimmer and easier to get you
    hand around for SIF hopping.

    Id still go KH

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  9. manon1wheel said:

    koxx- better tire
    - wider rim( i think)
    -better looking
    -betetr seat.

    maby just personal prf. but i prefer koxx

    tires and seats aren't much to go by, you can easily switch both of
    those out.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    dudewithasock said:

    wait, so... Your dads your mom, and so is Carson?

    *'My gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
    Unicycle for Christ
    *Banana's for Jesus!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  10. Koxx one mate. The weight is about hte same in my experience, But the
    strength and cool factor is in the Koxx court. The cranks are a
    stronger better design, Looks cooler, better seat(esp for trials). I
    gotz to go few now but the Koxx is a much better buy. I have the BLue
    Berry myself. but which ever one you can get will pwn.

    --
    caw89

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)
    'Pedal protector' (http://pedalprotector.com/)
    AIM: unicaw89

    -last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  11. hahaha THANK YOU FOR USING THE WORD PWN

    --
    maxisback

    *Hit em with a little ghetto gospel*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  12. Your talking about the new KH uni that is coming out, hopefully soon.

    I thought this uni was coming out with a new design of cranks. Now
    seeing that they are new and no one but a select few people know or
    have ridden them, how are we to say what is better?

    And once they do come out, it will take a few months for real testing
    to be done to them.

    So until the NEW kh uni comes out, then I will vote.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  13. Jerrick said:

    Your talking about the new KH uni that is coming out, hopefully soon.

    I thought this uni was coming out with a new design of cranks. Now
    seeing that they are new and no one but a select few people know or
    have ridden them, how are we to say what is better?

    And once they do come out, it will take a few months for real testing
    to be done to them.

    So until the NEW kh uni comes out, then I will vote.

    Your right, same thing here.

    PM

    --
    Probailer2

    john_childs

    Quoted message said:

    Mmmmm... Sexy welds.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  14. i say get the KH. the KH and the K1 are about the same now but the new
    KH should be better, i mean they can only improve on the last model
    cant they!

    --
    tomtrevor

    'A GALLERY!!'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
    'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)

    Quoted message said:

    <>THE UNICYCLE BIBLE<><


    I hate going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're
    next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
    funerals.
    'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
    (http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
    (http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
    (http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
    (http://www.google.rw/)'!'
    (http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
    (http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)o'm'
    (http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
    (http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'r'
    (http://www.tlb.org/park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
    (http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
    (http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
    (http://www.cheese.com)'m'
    (http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
    'l'
    (http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
    (http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
    (http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
    (http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
    (http://www.break.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  15. Thanks for all the input so far. I'm leaning towards the new KH right
    now because I believe the new KH's will be $100 more than the Red Devil
    and so if I had to choose then, I'd save a hundred bucks and get the
    Devil. But because I can get the KH for the same price as the Devil
    (don't ask me how or why) I think I should go that route, especially
    since it 'should' be better than the old '05 KH's.

    --
    unicycle6869

    Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

    Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
    screws the country?

    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
    morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"~Frank
    Sinatra
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

  16. I dont get it. You cant bend facts. The quality of the KH over the Koxx
    is obviously better. You can tell just from a crappy picture alone.
    Steel is a thing of the past. Aluminum is new and a lighter frame
    meterial. And we're talking about the Koxx uni's compared to the new
    and improved..not even out yet KH uni. The cranks are going to be new
    and a different stronger design. The frames are made different.
    Probably stronger aswell.

    For The Last Time, KH Wins Over Koxx At This Time In Life.

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52922

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.