Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

KSears to sell Ksyrium?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 13 posts · 349 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 November 2004
Last activity
21 November 2004
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
349
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

  2. Quoted message said:

    Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

    Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.

    Derek Hodges
    Toronto

  3. Derek Hodges said:
    Quoted message said:

    Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

    Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.

    Derek Hodges
    Toronto

    Dear Derek,

    You cannot be Kserious!

    J. McEnroebuck

  4. Quoted message said:
    Derek Hodges said:
    Quoted message said:

    Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

    Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.


    Dear Derek,

    You cannot be Kserious!

    J. McEnroebuck

    The news that Sneers & Rawbreak has agreed to be bought out by KMart
    is true. This puts what remains of Western Auto under the KSears
    umbrella as well, along with Land's End and NTB. My SO is not
    sanguine about the chances that Land's End will remain unlooted and
    undespoiled following the takeover; KMart has managed to foul every
    nest that it has occupied including its own, and their record of
    failures is hardly an encouraging sign for the future of Sears or any
    of its subsidiaries.

    It should be recalled that KMart only recently emerged from
    bankruptcy. I do not know where they are getting the 11 gigabucks
    that they will pay for Sears, but for the sake of the existing
    stockholders, I hope it's not from a leveraged buyout using junk
    bonds.

    If I had any Sears stock, I'd wait until just before the Xmas season's
    close, and then I'd dump it. I don't believe that the sales this year
    will be strong...and I suspect that KMart will either be reporting
    shortfalls...or buggering the books to hide it until their top brass
    can loot enough of the assets and duck out.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Some gardening required to reply via email.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  5. Werehatrack said:
    Quoted message said:
    Derek Hodges said:

    [email hidden] wrote:
    > Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    > we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

    Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.


    Dear Derek,

    You cannot be Kserious!

    J. McEnroebuck

    The news that Sneers & Rawbreak has agreed to be bought out by KMart
    is true. This puts what remains of Western Auto under the KSears
    umbrella as well, along with Land's End and NTB. My SO is not
    sanguine about the chances that Land's End will remain unlooted and
    undespoiled following the takeover; KMart has managed to foul every
    nest that it has occupied including its own, and their record of
    failures is hardly an encouraging sign for the future of Sears or any
    of its subsidiaries.

    [snip]

    Dear Werehatrack,

    I can understand your Superior Officer's interest in a store
    like Land's End that sells clothes.

    But why would your beloved be concerned about KMart gobbling
    up the National Transportation Board? My sister is visiting
    and will seize upon the slightest opportunity to gloat over
    my cluelessness, so please tell me what else NTB means.

    Carl Fogel

  6. [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Derek Hodges said:
    Quoted message said:

    Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

    Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.

    Derek Hodges
    Toronto

    Dear Derek,

    You cannot be Kserious!

    J. McEnroebuck

    Don't you mean KSearious?

    KNigel KGrinter
    KWell KSpoken KWheels KInc.
    Kwww.wellspokenwheels.com

  7. Werehatrack said:


    The news that Sneers & Rawbreak has agreed to be bought out by KMart
    is true. This puts what remains of Western Auto under the KSears
    umbrella as well, along with Land's End and NTB. My SO is not
    sanguine about the chances that Land's End will remain unlooted and
    undespoiled following the takeover; KMart has managed to foul every
    nest that it has occupied including its own, and their record of
    failures is hardly an encouraging sign for the future of Sears or any
    of its subsidiaries.

    It should be recalled that KMart only recently emerged from
    bankruptcy. I do not know where they are getting the 11 gigabucks
    that they will pay for Sears, but for the sake of the existing
    stockholders, I hope it's not from a leveraged buyout using junk
    bonds.

    If I had any Sears stock, I'd wait until just before the Xmas season's
    close, and then I'd dump it. I don't believe that the sales this year
    will be strong...and I suspect that KMart will either be reporting
    shortfalls...or buggering the books to hide it until their top brass
    can loot enough of the assets and duck out.

    I'm bummed out because I considered buying Kmart stock after they came
    out of bankruptcy but chickened out. I read a report that it was as low
    as 12 bucks a share back then. It closed at a $109 yesterday.

    Kenny

  8. Quoted message said:
    Werehatrack said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:00:58 -0500, Derek Hodges
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >[email hidden] wrote:
    >> Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    >> we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?
    >
    >Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.
    >
    Dear Derek,

    You cannot be Kserious!

    J. McEnroebuck

    The news that Sneers & Rawbreak has agreed to be bought out by KMart
    is true. This puts what remains of Western Auto under the KSears
    umbrella as well, along with Land's End and NTB. My SO is not
    sanguine about the chances that Land's End will remain unlooted and
    undespoiled following the takeover; KMart has managed to foul every
    nest that it has occupied including its own, and their record of
    failures is hardly an encouraging sign for the future of Sears or any
    of its subsidiaries.

    [snip]

    Dear Werehatrack,

    I can understand your Superior Officer's interest in a store
    like Land's End that sells clothes.

    But why would your beloved be concerned about KMart gobbling
    up the National Transportation Board? My sister is visiting
    and will seize upon the slightest opportunity to gloat over
    my cluelessness, so please tell me what else NTB means.

    National Tire and Battery, though the stores are just called NTB.
    They used to be callled NTW, which was National Tire Warehouse, but
    they were always a retail discount tire store chain. When Sears
    borged them, the battery line was added and the name was soon changed.
    Hmm. It occurs to me that it's been so long since I bought anything
    in a Sears automotive store that I can't even remember the brand name
    that they used for their batteries; at one time, they just about owned
    the car battery market...but not anymore.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Some gardening required to reply via email.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  9. Derek Hodges <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Now that KMart and Sears have merged (KSears), I wonder if
    we'll soon have a definitive pronunciation for Ksyrium?

    Gee... my guess is that they'll be calling themselves Sears-RoebucKMart.

    My vote's for SMears...

    Jrff

  10. The real question is, was it a SMart move?

    - -

    "May you have the wind at your back.
    And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris Zacho ~ "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

    Chris'Z Corner
    http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  11. The real question is, was it a SMart move?

    - -

    "May you have the wind at your back.
    And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris Zacho ~ "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

    Chris'Z Corner
    http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  12. Werehatrack said:

    I do not know where they are getting the 11 gigabucks that
    they will pay for Sears, but for the sake of the existing
    stockholders, I hope it's not from a leveraged buyout using
    junk bonds.

    It's just as bad: a share-for-share stock buyout for KMart stockholders
    with the new Sears Holdings stock, and a one-for-two buyout for Sears
    stockholders.

    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041117/D86DO71G1.html

    Quoted message said:

    I suspect that KMart will either be reporting shortfalls...
    or buggering the books to hide it until their top brass
    can loot enough of the assets and duck out.

    B1NG0!

    --
    "Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much
    to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes,
    it has not died out." -- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

  13. Quoted message said:

    Hmm. It occurs to me that it's been so long since I bought
    anything in a Sears automotive store that I can't even remember
    the brand name that they used for their batteries; at one time,
    they just about owned the car battery market...but not anymore.

    How could you forget those Bruce Willis movies??

    http://www.sears.com/sr/automotive/diehard_brand.jsp

    These were the only type of car battery anyone in my large, extended
    family bought for a couple of generations.

    --
    "Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much
    to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes,
    it has not died out." -- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.