Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

ksyrium sl rear hub

Started by Mike Borean · · Last activity · 9 posts · 449 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 September 2006
Last activity
14 September 2006
Original author
Mike Borean
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
449
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need to service my ksyrium rear hub but I cannot find any info on how to
    dismantle and reassemble this thing. the Mavic website is usless. Any
    ideas info?

    Thanks in advance.

    MB

  2. "Mike Borean" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I need to service my ksyrium rear hub but I cannot find any info on
    how to dismantle and reassemble this thing. the Mavic website is
    usless. Any ideas info?

    Thanks in advance.

    MB

    I have several .pdf files for bearing and freewheel maintenance that I can
    send you; 3 files in total. FWIW, I got them from the french Mavic website

    Is the email addy shown legit? [mine isn't]
    --
    Doug
    In the Shadow of the Valley of Death

    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from
    looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and
    when you come back, you then know how cold it is.
    --Sean Kelly

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  3. Mike Borean said:

    I need to service my ksyrium rear hub but I cannot find any info on how to
    dismantle and reassemble this thing. the Mavic website is usless. Any
    ideas info?


    You may want to contact Park Tool to see if they have any information.
    Their online repair manual shows instructions on servicing rear hubs
    from Shimano, Campagnolo, DT-Hugi, Bontrager, American Classics, and
    Cane Creek:

    http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=118

    They even have instructions for the new DA 10 model 7800, not model
    7700, rear hub:

    http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=145

    Good Luck!

  4. Mike Borean said:

    I need to service my ksyrium rear hub but I cannot find any info on how to
    dismantle and reassemble this thing. the Mavic website is usless. Any
    ideas info?

    Thanks in advance.

    MB

    Dear Mike,

    You may be able to find pdfs that describe what you want to do on this
    Mavic site, where the login is "mavic-com" and the password is
    "dealer":

    http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/

    Click on English, do the login and password, and choose products.

    The Kysriums are under road and triathlon, and you can page down to see
    pdfs about bearing adjustment, freewheel replacement, and so forth.

    Why Mavic hides this stuff behind a login and password is a mystery.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  5. Quoted message said:

    Why Mavic hides this stuff behind a login and password is a mystery.

    An even bigger mystery is why dealers too have to keep up with
    newsgroups to learn of the dealer website 😉

    --
    ---
    Marten Gerritsen

    INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
    www.m-gineering.nl

  6. M-gineering said:
    Quoted message said:

    Why Mavic hides this stuff behind a login and password is a mystery.

    An even bigger mystery is why dealers too have to keep up with
    newsgroups to learn of the dealer website 😉

    An even bigger mystery is why people continue to but Ksyriums.

    Last weekend, I was the volunteer wrench at a charity ride. I came
    across a few wheels with "problems":

    One Alex "something-or-the other" rim laced to a nameless hub. Rear, 36
    spoke. Loose left spokes. Inexpensive wheel on an inexpensive bike.
    Trued up nicely, with even tension.

    One Bontrager paired spoke "something-or-the-other" rear, "rebuilt" by
    a dealer after a rear hub flange had torn out. The guy was too big for
    the wheels, probably why the flange failed. But the dealer really
    messed up the rebuild; spoke tension was all over the place.

    One Ksyrium front, squeaky hub. Axle felt smooth, but it chirped like a
    canary.

    One Ksyrium front, slack spokes. Probably unusual.

    *Three* Ksyrium rears, slack spokes. Not so unusual, it seems.

  7. Carl,

    Your info was spot on! Thanks!!

    MB

    <>

    Quoted message said:

    You may be able to find pdfs that describe what you want to do on this
    Mavic site, where the login is "mavic-com" and the password is
    "dealer":

    http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/

    Click on English, do the login and password, and choose products.

    The Kysriums are under road and triathlon, and you can page down to see
    pdfs about bearing adjustment, freewheel replacement, and so forth.

    Why Mavic hides this stuff behind a login and password is a mystery.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  8. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Mike Borean said:

    I need to service my ksyrium rear hub but I cannot find any info on how
    to
    dismantle and reassemble this thing. the Mavic website is usless. Any
    ideas info?

    Thanks in advance.

    MB

    Dear Mike,

    You may be able to find pdfs that describe what you want to do on this
    Mavic site, where the login is "mavic-com" and the password is
    "dealer":

    http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/

    Click on English, do the login and password, and choose products.

    The Kysriums are under road and triathlon, and you can page down to see
    pdfs about bearing adjustment, freewheel replacement, and so forth.

    Why Mavic hides this stuff behind a login and password is a mystery.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

    All right, you are the man!
    Thanks

  9. Mike Borean said:

    I need to service my ksyrium rear hub but I cannot find any info on how to
    dismantle and reassemble this thing. the Mavic website is usless. Any
    ideas info?

    Thanks in advance.

    MB

    Pop the left side axle end off...8mm allen in that left side
    hole...find the flats. 5mm alen in the right side-left-loosey...remove
    the right side axle end and gently take the freehub body off...over
    something to catch the pawls..clean all. pry the seals off the cart
    bearings, grease in there. Clean inside of freehub and seal and OIL
    all....I use Mobil One..reassemble.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.