General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Lake District Walks with Prams

Started by Badger Brock · · Last activity · 10 posts · 289 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 April 2006
Last activity
5 April 2006
Original author
Badger Brock
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
289
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi gang,

    Can you help this gent.

    "I am interested if you have information on any suitable walks with
    prams. We have a 12 week old child who is just too young to go in a
    back pack and do not want to miss out this Easter on our walking
    holiday. I have looked at the internet with not too much information
    and if you know of any links or books which contain these walks please
    let me know. Thanks for you assistance"

  2. Tarn Hows sounds ideal - track all around the water if memory serves me -
    just a bit busy at times!

    You could also pick up a copy of Hunter Davies 'The Good Guide to the
    Lakes' -it's packed full of good ideas for a variety of escapades including
    family based events - very reasonably priced

    "Badger Brock" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi gang,

    Can you help this gent.

    "I am interested if you have information on any suitable walks with
    prams. We have a 12 week old child who is just too young to go in a
    back pack and do not want to miss out this Easter on our walking
    holiday. I have looked at the internet with not too much information
    and if you know of any links or books which contain these walks please
    let me know. Thanks for you assistance"

  3. Santon Bridge to The Wasdale Hotel and back . . . . . Dunno if its closed to
    motorists at the moment, but I can't see you having too much difficulty with
    a pram, and the food and drink at the Wazzy is well worth the walk . . . .

    Steve Wilcox

    Quoted message said:
  4. Following up to Steve Wilcox

    Quoted message said:

    Santon Bridge to The Wasdale Hotel and back . . . . . Dunno if its closed to
    motorists at the moment, but I can't see you having too much difficulty with
    a pram, and the food and drink at the Wazzy is well worth the walk . . . .

    I think the road works is long gone, I agree about the Wasdale
    head but I would prefer a walk without the risk of geting mown
    down on a blind bend, there are is some easy walks at the west
    end of the lake
    "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk/p_corpse.htm"
    (those books are at the bottom)
    --
    Mike Reid
    Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site
    Walk-eat-photos Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" <-- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

  5. exactly...that road's like a scene from whacky races some days

  6. Badger Brock said:

    Hi gang,

    Can you help this gent.

    "I am interested if you have information on any suitable walks with
    prams. We have a 12 week old child who is just too young to go in a
    back pack and do not want to miss out this Easter on our walking
    holiday. I have looked at the internet with not too much information
    and if you know of any links or books which contain these walks please
    let me know. Thanks for you assistance"


    Try using a sling instead of a back pack.
    there are loads around, our dd went up lots of mountains and woodland
    hill walks in ours and with some you can feed them as well if mum wares it!
    ttfn
    Jane

  7. In message <[email hidden]>

    Badger Brock said:

    "I am interested if you have information on any suitable walks with
    prams. We have a 12 week old child who is just too young to go in a
    back pack and do not want to miss out this Easter on our walking
    holiday. I have looked at the internet with not too much information
    and if you know of any links or books which contain these walks please
    let me know. Thanks for you assistance"

    The path through the woods at Brandlehow (west side of Derwentwater)
    has had a lot of its charm ripped away by being turned into something
    you could almost drive down, so getting a pram along it probably
    wouldn't be any trouble.

    --
    Simon Challands

  8. That's a long, long way. Even further on the way back ater a couple of
    Howard's beers. Also the road can be quite narrow with blind bends. Not
    ideal even in a car!

    Tarn Hows is a must. Other than that there are many guide books, just pop
    along to Smith's.

    "Steve Wilcox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Santon Bridge to The Wasdale Hotel and back . . . . . Dunno if its closed
    to
    motorists at the moment, but I can't see you having too much difficulty
    with
    a pram, and the food and drink at the Wazzy is well worth the walk . . . .

    Steve Wilcox

    Quoted message said:
  9. When my kids were so little me and my wife used a papoose like carrier on
    the front with no problems.
    Then you walk anywhere. kev

    "Badger Brock" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi gang,

    Can you help this gent.

    "I am interested if you have information on any suitable walks with
    prams. We have a 12 week old child who is just too young to go in a
    back pack and do not want to miss out this Easter on our walking
    holiday. I have looked at the internet with not too much information
    and if you know of any links or books which contain these walks please
    let me know. Thanks for you assistance"

  10. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    When my kids were so little me and my wife used a papoose like carrier on
    the front with no problems.
    Then you walk anywhere. kev

    "Badger Brock" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi gang,

    Can you help this gent.

    "I am interested if you have information on any suitable walks with
    prams. We have a 12 week old child who is just too young to go in a
    back pack and do not want to miss out this Easter on our walking
    holiday. I have looked at the internet with not too much information
    and if you know of any links or books which contain these walks please
    let me know. Thanks for you assistance"



    The only problem with front slings is that the baby can seem incredibly
    heavy and it's pulling down in a most unnatural direction. I've got a
    Vaude carrier (it's about 7 years old now) in which I was able to carry
    a very small baby indeed (only a few weeks old) because it adjusts in so
    many different and convenient ways. The seat can be lowered and raised,
    all the various straps can be adjusted, it's got a bit of a pocket on
    the back and it comes with a changing mat that doubles up as a back
    support for the babe. As I said, mine's a few years old and is superb;
    no doubt they've improved on the design since then. It's well worth
    looking at, especially since with a really small baby there's also scope
    for lowering the seat in the carrier and putting something (spare
    clothes, your own waterproofs?) thereon - and the baby on top of those.
    I carried Emily in that carrier until she was just over two years old,
    at which point she was really getting too heavy for my back. The
    carrier, however, could have carried on...

    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.