Lake Okabena classic this Saturday:

"Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll be going on a short ride this Saturday around Lake Okabena if
> anyone is interested. We meet at 4:30 a.m. Here's a map:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z2A2265C9
>
> If the lights are on just pound on the door and I'll get up shortly.

Worthington is a fine town for cycling. What makes it so is that the town
sprawls, mainly due to the lake which the town surrounds. I can easily do 15
to 20 miles in this rather small, but sprawling, town without having to
retrace my route. How many of you can say that about any small towns that
you know about.

I occasionally go over to Sioux Falls, the nearest metro, and that city is
not well suited for cycling at all. The only attraction it has is a bike
path that surrounds the city. It is about 30 miles or so. But it is a horror
to cycle in town. You have to stop at almost every intersection because of
traffic and you have to keep your speed down for the same reason. My small
town is much better for cycling than is the large city of Sioux Falls.

The only time in my life I have ever been up at 4:30 AM is when I have been
up all night and have not yet gone to bed. But I will always rise and shine
by 3:00 PM.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota