Lance afraid of terrorists

>From: "Brian [email protected]" [email protected]

>What does this have to do with bike racing?

At least as much as a lot of the ones you are involved in. Granted it's not as important as say
Bukake, RVD's mom, TKs sex habits etc.... Billc.

> >From: "Kurgan Gringioni" [email protected]
>
> >So what's your solution to Husseins slaughter and torture of his own people?
> >
> >Let him do it.
>
> That's some pretty cold advice, but maybe we should pull our troops out of Germany, Korea, Japan,
> Okinawa etc...and let them foot their own defense
bills
> for the first time in years. If you look at the former French colonies in Africa it's pretty ugly.
> Since we are being cold here, why do we need to defend S. Korea? I can't think of any non
> political reason, they are a blip on the economic world, and that WAS a UN war wasn't it?

They aren't a blip on the economic world, 2 out of the Big Five semiconductor companies are S.
Korean (the others being Siemens (Infineon), NEC and Micron).

But yes, we should pull out. The only reason the 30,000 US troops are there for are to justify a US
intervention if N. Korea invades. The chain of command has one of our guys at the top in the event
of a conflict and it is a Cold War anachronism since they have 700,000 troops.

> The only thing that Jackass Pat Robertson is right about is that we could
> withdraw our troops from the rest of the world and probably be in a better
> position to defend ourselves. The key being ourselves. With all the abuse we
> are taking from our "friends", I am beginning to think that it's time for us
> disengage and let them run the world wide circus.

We should disengage to some extent. Much of the world resents being told what to do (just as our
Founding Fathers resented being told what to do by people on the other side of the Atlantic) and it
makes us unpopular. It's not a big deal in the short run, but in the long run it won't be in any
American's interest to have most of the world resenting us.

>My only real fear is that within a year or two the Arabs would once again try to wipe out
>Israel and
the
> Israelis would nuke half the middle east in self defense.

The National Arabs won't try to wipe out Israel precisely because Israel has nukes. The Terrorist
Arabs might.

Agree with the rest of you post, including the part about it having nothing to do with bike racing.
Then again, you started the thread.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> I do not agree with the positions that Howard and Lafferty have come to but I respect their
> decisions and the way they came to them. We have had some good conversations on this issue and
> they make good points. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I would just like to hear
> something than propaganda and anti anybody who disagrees rhetoric.

Having a discussion with someone who can present their perspective in a rational, logical and
calm manner makes it easy to be able to understand and respect their opinion, whatever it may be.
Not everyone lends themselves to this M.O.

--
tanx, Howard

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

In article <eOl%[email protected]>, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> We were on Saddam's side when he attacked Iran (because they were our enemy) at the cost of 1
> million lives. Reagan and Bush Sr. looked the other way when he used chemical weapons on Iranian
> soldiers and even provided satellite intel for his strikes. Bush Sr. looked the other way when he
> gassed the Kurds.

At that time, the Iranians were gassing the Iraqis, the Iraqis were gassing Iranians and they
were both gassing the Kurds.

> He isn't a terrorist. He's a survivor and a despot. Saddam didn't use chemical weapons in the Gulf
> War because he knew it would get him killed.
>
> He isn't even a threat to his neighbors anymore because of US bases in the area. He knows that if
> he ever tried anything, he would be toast.
>
> His biggest mistake wasn't attacking Kuwait. It was trying to assassinate Bush Sr. in 1993, when
> Bush Sr., no longer president, was visiting Kuwait. W. Bush would like to uphold the family honor.

I think that a certain amount of "He tried to kill my dady" is in this. Plus the fact that Saddam
outlived his usefulness to the US once th eIranians and Iraqis came to an agreement of sorts to
stop their war. The people in charge should have known how much of a **** the guy was based on how
he came to power in Iraq. And based on that, how far they could trust him. Another case of "He may
be a *******, but at least he's OUR *******!" coming back to bite us in the ass. "The enemy of my
enemy is my friend", indeed. Enough about this.

--
tanx, Howard

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> > I do not agree with the positions that Howard and Lafferty have come to but I respect their
> > decisions and the way they came to them. We have had some good conversations on this issue and
> > they make good points. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I would just like to hear
> > something than propaganda and
anti
> > anybody who disagrees rhetoric.
>
> Having a discussion with someone who can present their perspective in a
rational, logical and
> calm manner makes it easy to be able to understand and respect their
opinion, whatever it may be.
> Not everyone lends themselves to this M.O.
>
> --
> tanx, Howard

Thanks. Bill and I have had a good discussion and we have many concerns in common on these
issues. Our perspectives bring us to the issues from different directions but the ultimate
concerns remain the same.

Brian Lafferty

Ya...what a bunch of **** heads to elect a president who presided over a booming stock market and
low un-employment. Its so much better now that we have Bush in office. There is nothing like an
economic cliff fall and spilling blood for oil to really improve our moral fiber.

news:<J%j%[email protected]>...
> Really Bill, you can't expect much more from a society that would elect Bill Clinton as President.

This is for Jack(off) You sir, are a monkey sucking dork knob. Your stupidity is beyond
comprehension. If I saw you on the street, I don't know if I would pity you or just kick your ass.
Oh **** it, I'd just kick your ass. Go to hell, eat ****, have a nice day. D