Lance/Jan time difference...math problem?

Jaybee

Guest
I must be having a senior moment, (again).
If Lance starts a minute behind Ullrich and passes him before the finish,
why is the differential on their respective times only 51 secs?
from OLN coverage and cyclingnews web site:

DZ 20:51
LA +0:02
JU +0:53

"Jaybee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I must be having a senior moment, (again).
> If Lance starts a minute behind Ullrich and passes him before the finish,
> why is the differential on their respective times only 51 secs?
> from OLN coverage and cyclingnews web site:
>
> DZ 20:51
> LA +0:02
> JU +0:53

Your time for Ullrich is wrong. He was 1.08 back.

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:00:12 -0700, Jaybee <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I must be having a senior moment, (again).
>If Lance starts a minute behind Ullrich and passes him before the finish,
>why is the differential on their respective times only 51 secs?
>from OLN coverage and cyclingnews web site:
>
>DZ 20:51
>LA +0:02
>JU +0:53

The results are:
1. Dave Zabriskie (USA/CSC) 20min 51sec
2. Lance Armstrong (USA/DSC) at 0:02
3. Alexander Vinokourov (KAZ/MOB) 0:53
4. George Hincapie (USA/DSC) 0:57
5. Laszlo Bodrogi (HUN/C.A) 0:59
6. Floyd Landis (USA/PHO) 1:02
7. Fabian Cancellara (SWI/FAS) 1:02
8. Jens Voigt (GER/CSC) 1:04
9. Vladimir Karpets (RUS/BAL) 1:05
10. Igor Gonzalez Galdeano (SPA/LIB) 1:06
11. Bobby Julich (USA/CSC) 1:07
12. Jan Ullrich (GER/MOB) 1:08
13. José Enrique Gutierrez (SPA/PHO) 1:12
14. Levi Leipheimer (USA/GRL) 1:13

Ullrich is #12.

Robert

Robert Crim wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:00:12 -0700, Jaybee <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>I must be having a senior moment, (again).
>>If Lance starts a minute behind Ullrich and passes him before the finish,
>>why is the differential on their respective times only 51 secs?

>>from OLN coverage and cyclingnews web site:

>>DZ 20:51
>>LA +0:02
>>JU +0:53

> The results are:
> 1. Dave Zabriskie (USA/CSC) 20min 51sec
> 2. Lance Armstrong (USA/DSC) at 0:02
> 3. Alexander Vinokourov (KAZ/MOB) 0:53
> 4. George Hincapie (USA/DSC) 0:57
> 5. Laszlo Bodrogi (HUN/C.A) 0:59
> 6. Floyd Landis (USA/PHO) 1:02
> 7. Fabian Cancellara (SWI/FAS) 1:02
> 8. Jens Voigt (GER/CSC) 1:04
> 9. Vladimir Karpets (RUS/BAL) 1:05
> 10. Igor Gonzalez Galdeano (SPA/LIB) 1:06
> 11. Bobby Julich (USA/CSC) 1:07
> 12. Jan Ullrich (GER/MOB) 1:08
> 13. José Enrique Gutierrez (SPA/PHO) 1:12
> 14. Levi Leipheimer (USA/GRL) 1:13
>
> Ullrich is #12.
>
> Robert

Thanks, restores my faith in simple math, now on to reading class!