Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Lance on Larry King

Started by bobke · · Last activity · 74 posts · 12,032 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
26 August 2005
Last activity
19 November 2008
Original author
bobke
Posts
74
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
12,032
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–74 of 74
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Why don't you believe WBT on his word.......IF he says he can translate a french article who are you to not believe....

    Aaaah well......we've all gone back and forth now......anything changed in some opinions.....

    Can someone explain to me why LA hook up with that Ferrari dude.........that was mistake No 1...........psssssst don't tell anyone but in the cycling world he's known to boost the performance of cyclists.....(he got convicted for that last year)

    Oh another thing how come LA calls Ferrari dr. evil......

    thebluetrain said:

    WBT the only reason I asked you to translate the article was I wanted to see if you could do it. I never said or implied anywhere that the French translation was wrong, incorrect, or biased. If you notice, I even gave you credit where credit was due.

  2. MJtje said:

    Oh another thing how come LA calls Ferrari dr. evil......


    I don't think he calls him dr evil, I think Coyle just made that up because of the allegations, the history of the man.

  3. whiteboytrash said:

    [font=Times New Roman][font=Verdana]I have a copy of an issue this year and with the "My Lance Armstrong" memories feature, Beloki gave a heartfelt account of his crash en-route to Gap. He said the first guy to call him is hospital was 'Lance'. Yes some ex-riders said 'they didn't know him and he seemed arrogant' but current riders he know him said he is the boss and a patron of the peleton.[/font] [/font]

    WBT - I seem to remember that the Beloki piece also contained the comment that after Lance attempted to contact him in hospital that he had had little contact with him afterwards. There were some positive comments in the series ( I got into France July 14 and read L'Equipe daily for the following three weeks), but overall the tone was damning in faint praise. Overall I would stand by the contention that there are a number of the Equipe staff who are biased against Armstrong, which does call into question the whole way this story has been handled by them.

    I would also say that Lance seems to be happy to play the game this way, as he has turned up on US TV to rebut claims in the French media and suggested that he is victim of the tension between the US and France, so both sides peddle their version of the story in a vacuum. Pity

  4. Either way, says enough right?

    Ullefan said:

    I don't think he calls him dr evil, I think Coyle just made that up because of the allegations, the history of the man.

  5. MJtje said:

    Why don't you believe WBT on his word.......IF he says he can translate a french article who are you to not believe....

    Aaaah well......we've all gone back and forth now......anything changed in some opinions.....

    Can someone explain to me why LA hook up with that Ferrari dude.........that was mistake No 1...........psssssst don't tell anyone but in the cycling world he's known to boost the performance of cyclists.....(he got convicted for that last year)

    Oh another thing how come LA calls Ferrari dr. evil......


    "Want the translation?"

    MJtje, He simply asked if I wanted a translation and I said I would love one to see if he could do it. He is the one that offered and he proved to me that he could. How am I supposed to know if WBT can speak French. He and I are not best buddies that hang out at the bar chugging beers. We dont send emails or private messages to each other. We dont talk soccer and cricket all day. I know nothing about him other than he is a lawyer. Dont read so much into my posts. It was a very simple post. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by asking him to simply translate an article that he offered to translate in the first place.

  6. Hehe it's fine.........my reaction was probably bit harder then intended........everything cool oke.....!

    thebluetrain said:

    "Want the translation?"

    MJtje, He simply asked if I wanted a translation and I said I would love one to see if he could do it. He is the one that offered and he proved to me that he could. How am I supposed to know if WBT can speak French. He and I are not best buddies that hang out at the bar chugging beers. We dont send emails or private messages to each other. We dont talk soccer and cricket all day. I know nothing about him other than he is a lawyer. Dont read so much into my posts. It was a very simple post. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by asking him to simply translate an article that he offered to translate in the first place.

  7. hombredesubaru said:

    Slam Dunk for Lance.
    Answered the questions.
    Was credible, angry, and cogent.
    Even took spontaneous phone calls--which I doubt JM LeBlanc would do or L'Equipe or the freeking French lawyer.

    All I got to say is Right On Lance
    You rock!!!!!

    The French are quite glad for you to save their race then [censored] on your departure.
    Screw them.
    I will NEVER go back and watch the tour or spend the thousands of dollars I did on hotels, food, wine, prostitutes ooops sorry, bike souvenirs etc etc
    Will they do a poll in France whether the Public has fallen for this yellow dog journalism.
    No, they only do that in free countries.

    I will see the Belgian classics, the Giro and many other great events.
    Screw the French media!!!!

    eerr

  8. Ullefan said:

    ''When I peed in the bottle, there wasn't EPO in it''

    As opposed to ''I did not take EPO in 99''

    At the very beginning he was very anxious did you notice? If he's so clean, why should he be anxious?

    He had an earpiece!!!

    The sad part is that they didn't ask the right questions and most people accept what he says on larry king. They had woman callers who didn't ask questions regarding the doping allegations, rather it was all about cancer, yellow bands bs. 😠

    ddss

  9. Ullefan said:

    ''When I peed in the bottle, there wasn't EPO in it''

    As opposed to ''I did not take EPO in 99''

    At the very beginning he was very anxious did you notice? If he's so clean, why should he be anxious?

    He had an earpiece!!!

    The sad part is that they didn't ask the right questions and most people accept what he says on larry king. They had woman callers who didn't ask questions regarding the doping allegations, rather it was all about cancer, yellow bands bs. 😠

    eeww

  10. The quality of a person's French is another issue, of course. 🙂

  11. musette said:

    The quality of a person's French is another issue, of course. 🙂

    French had never elected two times a Bush 😄

    French have enough brain to not believe Lance's tales, are enough honest to not praise a crook like Armstrong, and have good sight to recognize a real truck from WMD.

  12. poulidor said:

    French had never elected two times a Bush 😄

    unfair! we've been punished enough for this mistake!

  13. slovakguy said:

    unfair! we've been punished enough for this mistake!

    We hav'nt done that mistake and we and the rest of the world have been punished too.
    I propose that as soon as possible the whole world elect the US president.

  14. Ullefan said:

    All I've got to say is great performance 😎

    Sorry but that made me cringe.....I don't think I can bring myself to comment....

    reee

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.