General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Learn Direct: cheap Geko 201

Started by Gingertommy · · Last activity · 8 posts · 635 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 March 2004
Last activity
7 April 2004
Original author
Gingertommy
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
635
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I noticed in this months Trail that Learn Direct are
    offering a Garmin Geko 201 as an incentive for passing one
    of their computer courses.

    Given that the cost of the course is £80 (£50, I think,
    with the geko
    101), and that most people on this group could probably
    complete the exam blindfolded, this may be a cheap way
    of getting hold of this GPS unit.

    I only skimmed the feature and don't have the mag with me
    now, but where's the catch???

    Cheers, Thomas.

  2. Ahhh, maybe. Their website doesn't seem to have anything on
    this. I'll go back and read the small print...

    Thomas.

    "Jiffy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I only skimmed the feature and don't have the mag with
    me now, but where's the catch???

    Do you have to pay for the exams?

    Jiffy

  3. Ahhh, maybe. Their website doesn't seem to have anything on
    this. I'll go back and read the small print...

    Thomas.

    "Jiffy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I only skimmed the feature and don't have the mag with
    me now, but where's the catch???

    Do you have to pay for the exams?

    Jiffy

  4. <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Ahhh, maybe. Their website doesn't seem to have anything
    on this. I'll go back and read the small print...

    I'm basing my question on a phone call I made to them many
    years ago. They had some kind of offer for a free PDA which
    I was keen on. But I seem to recall the course sounded
    rather tedious with a fair amount of coursework needing to
    be completed in order to qualify for the 'free' gift.

    Cheers, Jiffy

    PS: A couple of tips. Please don't 'top post'. Also, you
    might want to 'munge' your email address:
    help.blueyonder.co.ukhowavoid.shtml

  5. <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Ahhh, maybe. Their website doesn't seem to have anything
    on this. I'll go back and read the small print...

    I'm basing my question on a phone call I made to them many
    years ago. They had some kind of offer for a free PDA which
    I was keen on. But I seem to recall the course sounded
    rather tedious with a fair amount of coursework needing to
    be completed in order to qualify for the 'free' gift.

    Cheers, Jiffy

    PS: A couple of tips. Please don't 'top post'. Also, you
    might want to 'munge' your email address:
    help.blueyonder.co.ukhowavoid.shtml

  6. On 11 Mar 2004 03:56:36 -0800, [email hidden] (GingerTommy)
    wrote:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I only skimmed the feature and don't have the mag with me
    now, but where's the catch???

    Cheers, Thomas.

    This is subsidised by the government in an attempt to make
    the general public more computer literate. Note however that
    Trail advertised something similar about a year ago and I
    sent off my £50 to a company called LearnLogic in Devon.
    When I finished the course (CD based) and tried to contact
    them I couldn't get an answer. I think they've gone bust.
    Anyone else use tham or know anything about them ?

  7. Hi Yeah LearnLogic went bust and students were taken over by
    TS2. I've had quite a varied response from Learn Direct and
    TS2 regarding whether they would honour the agreement on the
    incentive gifts. I eventaully asked for either the gift or a
    full refund which they wouldn't do. After 5 months of
    complaining and many phone calls they did offer to re-enrol
    me at no cost and honour the incentive gift (hmmmmm). I'm
    doing the course again now and just keeping my fingers
    crossed hoping they will eventually send my GPS. Keep on at
    them if you haven't completed a course yet and hopefully
    they will re-enrol you too. HTH Phil

    "Tony Henley" <newsAT(changeto@)henleyandbrownnospam.net>
    wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 11 Mar 2004 03:56:36 -0800, [email hidden]
    (GingerTommy) wrote:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I only skimmed the feature and don't have the mag with me
    now, but where's the catch???

    Cheers, Thomas.

    This is subsidised by the government in an attempt to
    make the general public more computer literate. Note
    however that Trail advertised something similar about a
    year ago and I sent off my £50 to a company called
    LearnLogic in Devon. When I finished the course (CD
    based) and tried to contact them I couldn't get an
    answer. I think they've gone bust. Anyone else use tham
    or know anything about them ?

  8. "Tony Henley" <newsAT(changeto@)henleyandbrownnospam.net> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 11 Mar 2004 03:56:36 -0800, [email hidden]
    (GingerTommy) wrote:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I only skimmed the feature and don't have the mag with me
    now, but where's the catch???

    Cheers, Thomas.

    This is subsidised by the government in an attempt to
    make the general public more computer literate. Note
    however that Trail advertised something similar about a
    year ago and I sent off my £50 to a company called
    LearnLogic in Devon. When I finished the course (CD
    based) and tried to contact them I couldn't get an
    answer. I think they've gone bust. Anyone else use tham
    or know anything about them ?

    I did the course after following up the ad in Trail
    about a couple of years ago. I got an eTrex no problem.
    What a bargain!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.