after my ride I headed down to my LBS because I thought I'd get a new chain. Weird.. a Saturday and
there is parking out front; the owner is headed out the front door and it's still and quiet inside.
And here I was feeling guilty about taking their time on a typical Saturday.
So Brian throws my bike on the stand and checks the chain with the "official" tool. He tell me to
wait until June or so...might as well wait until the muddy sand season is over. Then I ask him to
take a look at the rear wheel as I couldn't get it true. He works on it a bit, calls over the other
guy, Guy who takes it down stairs to the wheel stand. Uh-oh... there's flat spot in the rim and he
can't get it true either. Must have been something I did last year as I haven't hit anything this
year. But... it's not that bad, I might as well wait until it gets unbearable ( at $150 to build a
new one, Mavic hub, I am relived for the moment.)
I get a lesson in a trick on how to clean the crud off the pulleys on the rear derailleur; an
assessment of my chain oiling technique, and the old once over.
I better spend some money there next time, and of course they know I will.
Penny