I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the
bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make
with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Leftover turkey meat
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 23 August 2005
- Last activity
- 18 September 2005
- Original author
- tenplay
- Posts
- 8
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 379
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
In article <[email hidden]>,
tenplay said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the
bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make
with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.Smoked?
Turkey salad for sandwiches or crackers,
or it would also go well in Omelets or Frittatas.Maybe even a cassarole.
--
Om."My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson
-
tenplay said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the
bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make
with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.Add it to frittatas.
Put it in salad ("turkey Caesar"😉
Make enchilada filling
Make quesadillas
Make creamed turkey on toast or in pastry cups.
Make a turkey/broccoli quiche
....the list goes on.
N.
-
"tenplay" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the bones.
Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make with the
turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.Turkey tetrazzini
http://teriskitchen.com/poultry/tetrazzi-b.html
http://teriskitchen.com/poultry/tetrazzini.html
Don't worry about making it to-the-tee per the recipe; just wing it. After
reading the recipes, you can get the picture.
I always have this at least once per turkey.
Dee Dee -
tenplay said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my
freezer. After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and
disposed of the bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make
dish that I can make with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.Sounds like tacos waiting to happen.
Brian
-
tenplay said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the
bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make
with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.I like turkey a la king but it is high carb. Maybe
a substitute: Diced turkey meat in a cream sauce with
diced green beans and scallions. Steam white turnip
slices as a bed to serve it on. I think white wine
would be nice in the cream sauce. -
Nancy1 said:
tenplay said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the
bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make
with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.Add it to frittatas.
Put it in salad ("turkey Caesar"😉
Make enchilada filling
Make quesadillas
Make creamed turkey on toast or in pastry cups.
Make a turkey/broccoli quiche
...the list goes on.
N.
Yep, had some turkey enchiladas tonight - almost!
jim
-
tenplay said:
I found a couple of smoked cooked turkey legs in the back of my freezer.
After thawing them out, I stripped the meat off and disposed of the
bones. Anyone know of a tasty and simple-to-make dish that I can make
with the turkey? Thanks for any suggestions.My two favorite leftover turkey dishes are:
-- Turkey Enchiladas -
http://www.myfastrecipes.com/recipes/2005/09/turkey-enchiladas.asp-- Open-face Turkey Sandwiches - basically a piece of white bread with
some mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey and gravy piled on high. Heat
it up in the microwave and serve with a tall glass of cold milk.Both are delicious and easy to make. Enjoy! :-)
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.