UK and Europe · Public discussion

Lemonade drinkers

Started by John Hearns · · Last activity · 28 posts · 1,161 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
20 May 2005
Last activity
25 September 2005
Original author
John Hearns
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,161
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. John Hearns said:

    But lets for fun draw a comparison - do drinkers in pubs think
    that the excise duty on spirits is used to build better pubs?

    No, it is used to pay to build roads for people to clog up with their
    tin boxes. ;-)

    d.

  2. Nick Kew said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know that dogs have been known to drink from the lavatory, but this
    is ridiculous.

    Why? Probably neither better nor worse than the soft drinks available
    in most pubs, and a d*** site better value.

    As is said, in most pubs you don't buy the drinks, you rent them ;-).

    --
    Tony

    "A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
    Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

  3. Guy said:

    Quite right. 's a secret, innit? I remember the song. As sung by
    Elvis Costello's dad, if I remember me rightly.

    <url:http://tinyurl.com/8ywm9>
    [it's a .wav file - can't get the sodding mp3 converter to hack it]

    d.

  4. "soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just zis Guy, you know? popped their head over the parapet saw what was
    going on and said

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:56:44 +0100, John Hearns <[email hidden]>

    wrote in message : said:

    I shouldn't really say this,

    Quoted message said:

    Quite right. 's a secret, innit? I remember the song. As sung by
    Elvis Costello's dad, if I remember me rightly.

    As a Scot have never seen the "secret lemonade drinker" advert (have
    read about it tho' and seen it on the "I love the ..." shows) nor have I
    seen bottles of R White's, Globe was the manufacturer of soft drinks
    around here. Where I went to do my degree (Dundee) the Okai group used
    to make "Merimates" remember them?

    "Merrimates - they're great mate!" said by rough looking school pupil taking
    surreptitious swig from Merrimates container hidden inside school blazer (if
    I remember the ad correctly). The company my Dad worked for serviced the
    Okai fork-lifts and he used to get a free box of Merrimates every Christmas.

    Tom.

  5. soup said:

    As a Scot have never seen the "secret lemonade drinker" advert (have
    read about it tho' and seen it on the "I love the ..." shows) nor have I
    seen bottles of R White's, Globe was the manufacturer of soft drinks
    around here. Where I went to do my degree (Dundee) the Okai group used to
    make "Merimates" remember them?


    Indeed I do.
    If I'm not wrong, they were the drinks in a plastic tube.
    You could put them in the freezer also?

  6. Tony Raven said:
    Nick Kew said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know that dogs have been known to drink from the lavatory, but this
    is ridiculous.

    Why? Probably neither better nor worse than the soft drinks available
    in most pubs, and a d*** site better value.

    As is said, in most pubs you don't buy the drinks, you rent them ;-).

    Waiter, this wine has been drunk before.

  7. Simonb said:


    Bloody lemonade drinkers.


    Secret lemona

  8. Beaten to it b

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.