Road Cycling · Public discussion

Let's get real.

Started by Callistus Valerius · · Last activity · 61 posts · 2,709 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
18 July 2004
Last activity
27 July 2004
Original author
Callistus Valerius
Posts
61
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,709
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–61 of 61
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. gwhite said:


    Sierraman said:

    "Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Sierraman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    > Old Priest is a trap. Locals know to stay off, it's the tourists that

    get

    >stuck. There is an inn at the top and the guy who runs it has told me

    lots

    Quoted message said:

    >of stories about this road. I used to climb it on a dare with friends.

    It

    Quoted message said:

    >rises about 2000 feet in 2 miles. It nuts! With cars usually the brakes

    go

    Quoted message said:

    >out and off the cliff they go. Ambulances used to hang out in that area.
    >Serious, that's just how many calls they used to get.

    19% for average for 2 miles?

    No, I exaggerated some. I think the grade sign says 18, not sure. I thought
    actually it was more like 1800 feet in two miles.

    Holy Hell. I'll see if I can find my Topo disc.

    http://www.dragonswest.com/OldPriest.jpg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.