Tony said:psycholist wrote in message ...
Quoted message said:"David Wuertele" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:Jamie> Bring on the excuses!
Remember when Lance pulled the wool over Telekom's eyes at the base of
Alpe D'Huez by, as Oracle of Truth Phil Ligett exclaims, "pretending
to be in difficulty"?Well that's exactly what he has done on Ventoux. It is a feint.
Lance wants Mayo and Hamilton to think he's lost it. It is so obvious
it just might work.:-)
Rope-a-dope is what I believe Muhammed Ali called the technique.
Yes, and look where it left Ali long term. Lance is cooked whenever it gets
hot, so the weather will again play a major role this year...
He's got to learn someday that those water bottles aren't just for
ballast. I suffer in the heat as well, probably my dutch roots and can
go through two litres on a 60 mile ride, easily, and still come home
dehydrated. But give me a cold, rainy day and I'm like the Energizer
rabbit.