Let's talk about something else - the silly season?

Frihed89

Dec 17, 2003
The silly season will soon get into full swing.

Which major teams are in trouble and which ones will fold this year?

What big name riders will change teams for 2005? Where will they go?

What is happening with Team Discovery Channel? I can't even find a web page.

Is there any site which notes all moves because there are a lot of them and after some time I forgot some of them..

Virenque said:
Is there any site which notes all moves because there are a lot of them and after some time I forgot some of them..

Try www.cycling4all.com

Click on "Teams and Riders" then click on "Professional Riders Changing Teams"

I can't think of anything sillier than having the Pro Tour without the Giro, Vuelta, Tour and the races the Tour runs (Paris-Roubauix, Paris-Nice, Fleche Wellone, Ect..) The major Tours don't want to give up their power of inviviting who they want. I think they have a point as a national tour should have the right to invite more teams from their own country. As it is the Pro Tour means the death of all the small Division II teams. Another sticking point is that the teams picked for the Pro Tour are set for four years, at least that is my understanding

I totaly agree! Pro Tour is the most miserable UCI`s decision! It`s going to be very boring to watch only 20 teams for four years in all biggest races! No more new teams every season and retirements of others, no more very interested 2nd div. teams that always want to show themselfs with attractive attacks, less "hungry" young riders and so on..
It`s all about the money!:rolleyes:

Anyone knows why Casagrande moved from Lampre to Vini Caldirola in the end of the season? I just read that he did, but I didn`t trace why..

I don't know about why Casagrande goes to vini caldiroli, but captain Garzelli is leaving them for the new Liquigas Spa team to lead a group featuring Cioni, Pellizzotti,Noe, Zanotti, Backsted, Mason, Andriotto