"Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:The blind bat who ran me over 18 months ago (or, to be precise, her
insurers) has admitted liability for the crash.
It would appear that all we have to do now is haggle over the vulgar
issue of money. Anyone been here before and got any idea what happens
next?
I can cite two contrasting approaches, my brothers and mine:
Bro was knocked off from behind on a clear dual carriageway and besides
damage to bike and togs sustained some physical damage to his arm that
required a couple of ops.
He used a solicitor and drew out the claim as long as possible for the
following reasons:
He's single and was prepared to put up with the hassle.
He needed remedial treatment that an early settlement wouldn't have taken
into account.
He was in no rush for the money.
The end result, materially, was satisfactory for him. I can't recall if the
driver got done.
I was T -boned at a roundabout and besides the bike being written off and
clothing ruined suffered very painful but superficial injuries.
Because my injuries were superficial after contacting a "no win, no fee"
solicitor I decided to deal with the drivers insurance company directly as I
wanted to resolve things quickly and move on with life.
The insurance company was accomodating and an early settlement resulted.
Materially my expenses were covered but quite likely I *may* have got more
money but not without hassle I can live without.
The offending driver was sent on an improvement course in lieu of being
charged with an offence.
My brothers claim probably went on for well over18 months whereas mine was
done and dusted in 3 months.... new bike, new togs, new scars and driver
reprimanded.
It's really up to how much hassle you're prepared to put up with, if you
are going to suffer long term physical or mental problems then maybe you
should pursue it to the end of the line, your choice.
--
Pete
http:[email hidden]/P