Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Lie by Fogel <tm>

Started by Andre Jute · · Last activity · 54 posts · 1,214 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 January 2008
Last activity
30 January 2008
Original author
Andre Jute
Posts
54
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,214
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 54
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Andre Jute said:

    I deliberately delayed giving a full explanation, and several times
    gave Fogel the tip that he made wrong assumptions, to give him time to
    apologize. He didn't.

    And he shouldn't.

    - Frank Krygowski

    Dear Frank,

    I won't.

    First Andre started off with the casual comment that he did well over
    100 kmh "downhill, of course."

    Of course one adds "downhill, of course". One doesn't want to claim to
    be as athletic as much more dedicated cyclists.

    Quoted message said:

    When several people pointed out the unlikelihood of that,

    This is a lie by Fogel, attempting to confuse the timeline. Only one
    person, Clive George, posted about it, and he merely asked for the
    place. Nobody mentioned unlikelihood to me. Before I could reply, Carl
    Fogel several times called me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    he whined

    This is a lie by Fogel whose object is to confuse the timeline by a
    whole day. Only *after* Fogel called me a liar several times did I
    object.

    Quoted message said:

    that we might as well ask for proof that the sun came up.

    This is a lie by Fogel. He tries to put words in my mouth that I never
    spoke and that are contrary to the ones I did speak:
    "Yes, I was amazed that Fogel should start calling me a liar before I
    could even answer. I hadn't realized that, in Fogel's McCathyite
    worldview, rec.bicycles.tech is so largely populated by liars that
    anyone saying the sun shines outside should first present a notarized
    report from the weather bureau."

    Quoted message said:

    Pressed for the place, he came up with an obscure road.

    Why, are only famous roads in America, personally approved by Carl
    Fogel, good enough to be towed a miserable 100kph on?

    Of course a road I can block off temporarily without attracting
    official attention is obscure, you moron. Irish farm lanes aren't
    labelled with names or numbers either. I had to identify this one by
    names of fields on the Ordnance Survey map.

    Quoted message said:

    Gradually he developed a whole new story

    This lie by Fogel is given the lie by the contrary claim that I
    trolled Fogel by withholding the facts. If I selectively withheld the
    facts, I wasn't "developing" a whole new story, I was just not telling
    all of it.

    Quoted message said:

    involving a truck and
    recording his speed "on a certified calibrated government approved
    speedometer."

    This is Fogel's provincial American ignorance dressed up as an
    accusation of lying. Such speedometers are fitted to all longrange
    trucks in Europe to ensure the drivers don't work more hours than
    legally permitted, don't speed, and so on.

    Quoted message said:

    It's just as plausible as

    Unlikehood is neither impossibility nor untruth.

    Quoted message said:

    his original story.

    Another lie by Fogel. There is only one story. But Fogel accused me of
    being a liar before I could tell it, so I withheld the crucial fact
    while he made a fool of himself. Fogel has only his weak and vicious
    character to blame for his embarrassment.

    Quoted message said:

    If encouraged, he'd
    probably develop a long story about that amazing speedometer and why
    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    Here Fogel looks into the future and tells you he knows what I will
    say and in advance declares it a lie. No better example of Carl
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty is likely to be found. Oh, and this,

    Quoted message said:

    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    is another lie by Fogel. I did mention the speed the truck speedometer
    recorded, the release speed of 105kph.

    Quoted message said:


    His story wouldn't show any awareness that his "downhill, of course"
    was nonsense--riders have been beating 60 mph while drafting on the
    flats for over a century.

    Once more Fogel looks into the future and claims to know what is in my
    mind. This time he finds ignorance. No comment because none is
    necessary.

    Quoted message said:

    It doesn't really matter whether Andre actually thinks that it's
    necessary to add "downhill, of course" while not mentioning "behind a
    truck," whether he really knows of a "certified calibrated government
    approved speedometer," or whether he's just a compulsive Munchausen
    who plans to keep changing his stories until they're believed--who's
    going to believe his next implausible story?

    In plain English: "I, Carl Fogel, will call Andre Jute a liar
    regardless of what he says."

    I might point out that what is plausible on Fogel's little street
    corner is hardly a universal standard, nor cause for this scumbag
    Fogel to call anyone a liar. But why bother? Fogel has already told us
    that if I say, "The sun is shining," he will call me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    He'll just claim that
    everyone who doubted him was making foolish assumptions and should
    have realized that he was drafting a truck downhill.

    Again, Fogel claims to see into my mind and to know what I will say.
    And again he declares in advance that whatever I say is a lie.

    Quoted message said:

    Or that the sun
    was up, just in Thailand, not Ireland. Or whatever dodge he thinks
    will keep people talking to him.

    What did I just tell you!

    Quoted message said:

    If you met a fellow who told stories that way outside the internet,
    you'd simply walk away from him

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    Quoted message said:

    and his explanations about how honest
    he is.

    This is a lie by Fogel. I don't need to explain how honest I am, nor
    have I done so. Straightforward rationality will explain to all men of
    goodwill how honest -- or otherwise -- I am.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't plan to feed the troll.

    Run, rabbit, run.

    Quoted message said:


    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.

    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

  2. Andre Jute wrote:
    <snip [censored]>

    are you related to this guy?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI-5_Persecution

  3. Andre Jute wrote:

    {Hugh Jass Memorial Snip}

    Quoted message said:

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.

    Careful, that's definition of character. (Or the lack thereof.)

    Quoted message said:

    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Get in line.

    Bill "just plonk him and move on" S.

  4. Andre Jute said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:40:44 -0800 (PST), [email hidden] wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Jan 25, 10:08 am, Andre Jute <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I deliberately delayed giving a full explanation, and several times
    > gave Fogel the tip that he made wrong assumptions, to give him time to
    > apologize. He didn't.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And he shouldn't.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    - Frank Krygowski

    Quoted message said:

    Dear Frank,

    Quoted message said:

    I won't.

    Quoted message said:

    First Andre started off with the casual comment that he did well over
    100 kmh "downhill, of course."

    Of course one adds "downhill, of course". One doesn't want to claim to
    be as athletic as much more dedicated cyclists.

    Quoted message said:

    When several people pointed out the unlikelihood of that,

    This is a lie by Fogel, attempting to confuse the timeline. Only one
    person, Clive George, posted about it, and he merely asked for the
    place. Nobody mentioned unlikelihood to me. Before I could reply, Carl
    Fogel several times called me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    he whined

    This is a lie by Fogel whose object is to confuse the timeline by a
    whole day. Only *after* Fogel called me a liar several times did I
    object.

    Quoted message said:

    that we might as well ask for proof that the sun came up.

    This is a lie by Fogel. He tries to put words in my mouth that I never
    spoke and that are contrary to the ones I did speak:
    "Yes, I was amazed that Fogel should start calling me a liar before I
    could even answer. I hadn't realized that, in Fogel's McCathyite
    worldview, rec.bicycles.tech is so largely populated by liars that
    anyone saying the sun shines outside should first present a notarized
    report from the weather bureau."

    Quoted message said:

    Pressed for the place, he came up with an obscure road.

    Why, are only famous roads in America, personally approved by Carl
    Fogel, good enough to be towed a miserable 100kph on?

    Of course a road I can block off temporarily without attracting
    official attention is obscure, you moron. Irish farm lanes aren't
    labelled with names or numbers either. I had to identify this one by
    names of fields on the Ordnance Survey map.

    Quoted message said:

    Gradually he developed a whole new story

    This lie by Fogel is given the lie by the contrary claim that I
    trolled Fogel by withholding the facts. If I selectively withheld the
    facts, I wasn't "developing" a whole new story, I was just not telling
    all of it.

    Quoted message said:

    involving a truck and
    recording his speed "on a certified calibrated government approved
    speedometer."

    This is Fogel's provincial American ignorance dressed up as an
    accusation of lying. Such speedometers are fitted to all longrange
    trucks in Europe to ensure the drivers don't work more hours than
    legally permitted, don't speed, and so on.

    Quoted message said:

    It's just as plausible as

    Unlikehood is neither impossibility nor untruth.

    Quoted message said:

    his original story.

    Another lie by Fogel. There is only one story. But Fogel accused me of
    being a liar before I could tell it, so I withheld the crucial fact
    while he made a fool of himself. Fogel has only his weak and vicious
    character to blame for his embarrassment.

    Quoted message said:

    If encouraged, he'd
    probably develop a long story about that amazing speedometer and why
    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    Here Fogel looks into the future and tells you he knows what I will
    say and in advance declares it a lie. No better example of Carl
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty is likely to be found. Oh, and this,

    Quoted message said:

    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    is another lie by Fogel. I did mention the speed the truck speedometer
    recorded, the release speed of 105kph.

    Quoted message said:

    His story wouldn't show any awareness that his "downhill, of course"
    was nonsense--riders have been beating 60 mph while drafting on the
    flats for over a century.

    Once more Fogel looks into the future and claims to know what is in my
    mind. This time he finds ignorance. No comment because none is
    necessary.

    Quoted message said:

    It doesn't really matter whether Andre actually thinks that it's
    necessary to add "downhill, of course" while not mentioning "behind a
    truck," whether he really knows of a "certified calibrated government
    approved speedometer," or whether he's just a compulsive Munchausen
    who plans to keep changing his stories until they're believed--who's
    going to believe his next implausible story?

    In plain English: "I, Carl Fogel, will call Andre Jute a liar
    regardless of what he says."

    I might point out that what is plausible on Fogel's little street
    corner is hardly a universal standard, nor cause for this scumbag
    Fogel to call anyone a liar. But why bother? Fogel has already told us
    that if I say, "The sun is shining," he will call me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    He'll just claim that
    everyone who doubted him was making foolish assumptions and should
    have realized that he was drafting a truck downhill.

    Again, Fogel claims to see into my mind and to know what I will say.
    And again he declares in advance that whatever I say is a lie.

    Quoted message said:

    Or that the sun
    was up, just in Thailand, not Ireland. Or whatever dodge he thinks
    will keep people talking to him.

    What did I just tell you!

    Quoted message said:

    If you met a fellow who told stories that way outside the internet,
    you'd simply walk away from him

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    Quoted message said:

    and his explanations about how honest
    he is.

    This is a lie by Fogel. I don't need to explain how honest I am, nor
    have I done so. Straightforward rationality will explain to all men of
    goodwill how honest -- or otherwise -- I am.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't plan to feed the troll.

    Run, rabbit, run.

    Quoted message said:

    Cheers,

    Quoted message said:

    Carl Fogel

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.

    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Now in a Usenet Theatre near you: "The Talltale Teller vs. The Smarmy
    [censored]!"

    Pass the popcorn. :-)

  5. Dans le message de news:[email hidden],
    Bill Sornson <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

    Quoted message said:

    Andre Jute wrote:

    {Hugh Jass Memorial Snip}

    Quoted message said:

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.

    Careful, that's definition of character. (Or the lack thereof.)

    Quoted message said:

    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Get in line.

    Bill "just plonk him and move on" S.

    Didn't he take a long leave of absence at one point?
    Not that I recommend very strongly that he do so, but ....

  6. In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    Andre Jute <[email hidden]> wrote:

    I address myself to everyone. As a matter of fact Carl Fogel
    never once said that Andre Jute lied or is a liar.
    It is rather surprising how quickly that the counter-claim
    has been taken to be fact.

    I am as quick as anyone to understand the direction of
    Carl Fogel's writing. He implies that he does not believe
    Andre Jute and presents evidence that everyone should accept
    as being compelling _for_Carl_.

    Please, everyone, keep your facts straight.

    --
    Michael Press

  7. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    What kind of person immediately turns to violence
    when his word is called into question.

    "Do not question what I say, else I will beat you
    into submission."

    --
    Michael Press

  8. Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    Andre Jute <[email hidden]> wrote:

    I address myself to everyone. As a matter of fact Carl Fogel
    never once said that Andre Jute lied or is a liar.

    I am Andre Jute, the guy Carl Fogel called a liar. It seems pretty
    clear to me that Fogel intended to call me a liar. The sequence, the
    speed of Fogel's reaction before I could put any facts on the table,
    the repetiion, all of it adds up to a single conclusion: the slimeball
    Fogel called me a liar and he did it intentionally. Here's the story
    in short dated takes:

    ****
    Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm:
    "That's pretty fast - what hill?"

    Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm:
    "Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm lane."

    Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm:
    "Whereabouts is it?"

    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
    without waiting for my reply to Clive:
    "I'm not surprised that you got no real answer beyond that vague
    tarmacadam farm lane that only one farmer uses, continent
    unspecified...etc"

    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
    his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
    accusation that I'm a liar:
    "And I'd still be pleased to find that my skepticism is wrong and
    that
    there is a paved farm lane long enough and steep enough for that kind
    of bike to do well over 100 kmh."

    Fogel meanwhile sneers and jeers his way through the me-too posts of
    his gang getting in their knocks. I don't know anything about all
    this
    for another 16 hours...

    It is the next day before I answer Clive's question:
    Andre Jute Jan 24, 12:03 pm:
    Etc. At this point, where I'm just starting to put facts on the
    table, the slimeball Fogel had already repeatedly called me a liar.

    ********

    Here Michael Press continues:

    Quoted message said:

    It is rather surprising how quickly that the counter-claim
    has been taken to be fact.

    Especially among the little Krygo-Fogel gangbangers. One Michael Press
    for instance twice called me a liar. Hey, isn't it Michael Press who's
    saying here that Carl Fogel is innocent? Holy Moses, so it is. So
    where did Press, who offered no facts, no argument, no rationale for
    calling me a liar, where, oh where did Press get that "liar" from.
    Why, he got it from his uberfuhrer Fogel.

    The rest of the gang also piled in, of course, screeching "liar,
    liar". That was when I looked like a victim, waiting for all the
    little gangbangers to declare themselves so I could make a list. Now
    that I have my list and am working down it, suddenly poor Carl Fogel
    is much misunderstood.... And with him of course all the little
    gangbangers will claim they didn't call me a liar, it is all a
    misunderstanding. I don't think so.

    You're a liar and a hypocrite, Michael Press.

    Quoted message said:

    I am as quick as anyone to understand the direction of
    Carl Fogel's writing.

    Only too damned right. That's why you stand on the record as calling
    me a liar, because you "understood the direction of Carl Fogel's
    writing". You're as clumsy as Krygowski, so be careful you don't pull
    your own [censored] off, Press.

    Quoted message said:

    He implies that he does not believe
    Andre Jute and presents evidence that everyone should accept
    as being compelling _for_Carl_.

    It's the form of Fogel's insinuation (notice how Press tries to sneak
    a mere implication past us) and the timing and the number of those
    insinuations that together add up to an accusation of lying. Anyway,
    if it was all a mistake on Fogel's part, I gave him plenty of time and
    several opportunities to retract and apologise, and he told us
    specifically, "I won't."

    There is absolutely nothing left to conclude except that Fogel
    deliberately and with malice aforethought called me a liar. Now he can
    either prove it or take the consequences. Fogel's little acolytes like
    Press begging for forgiveness or, worse, a fudge of "misunderstanding"
    cut no ice whatsoever.

    Quoted message said:

    Please, everyone, keep your facts straight.

    We have our facts straight. They are in the four posts of my main
    indictment of Carl Fogel and his gang for crimes against common
    decency:

    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/d70e2da25ba66ded/31bf28fb8c1ef9f6?hl=en#31bf28fb8c1ef9f6

    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/369236a366a15e3d/768dfafdfe423a81?hl=en#768dfafdfe423a81

    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/814c8c65e8d2283c/8ef3d064268fd70f?hl=en#8ef3d064268fd70f

    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/38818d85738b341f?hl=en#

    Quoted message said:

    Michael Press

    Lying scum. A consorter of lying scum. A liar on behalf of lying scum.

    Andre Jute
    Pass up the black cap

    Here is the original in this thread, including the false accuser
    Fogel's refusal to retract and apologize, and several more accusations
    by Fogel:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Andre Jute said:

    I deliberately delayed giving a full explanation, and several times
    gave Fogel the tip that he made wrong assumptions, to give him time to
    apologize. He didn't.

    And he shouldn't.

    - Frank Krygowski

    Dear Frank,

    I won't.

    First Andre started off with the casual comment that he did well over
    100 kmh "downhill, of course."

    Of course one adds "downhill, of course". One doesn't want to claim to
    be as athletic as much more dedicated cyclists.

    Quoted message said:

    When several people pointed out the unlikelihood of that,

    This is a lie by Fogel, attempting to confuse the timeline. Only one
    person, Clive George, posted about it, and he merely asked for the
    place. Nobody mentioned unlikelihood to me. Before I could reply, Carl
    Fogel several times called me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    he whined

    This is a lie by Fogel whose object is to confuse the timeline by a
    whole day. Only *after* Fogel called me a liar several times did I
    object.

    Quoted message said:

    that we might as well ask for proof that the sun came up.

    This is a lie by Fogel. He tries to put words in my mouth that I never
    spoke and that are contrary to the ones I did speak:
    "Yes, I was amazed that Fogel should start calling me a liar before I
    could even answer. I hadn't realized that, in Fogel's McCathyite
    worldview, rec.bicycles.tech is so largely populated by liars that
    anyone saying the sun shines outside should first present a notarized
    report from the weather bureau."

    Quoted message said:

    Pressed for the place, he came up with an obscure road.

    Why, are only famous roads in America, personally approved by Carl
    Fogel, good enough to be towed a miserable 100kph on?

    Of course a road I can block off temporarily without attracting
    official attention is obscure, you moron. Irish farm lanes aren't
    labelled with names or numbers either. I had to identify this one by
    names of fields on the Ordnance Survey map.

    Quoted message said:

    Gradually he developed a whole new story

    This lie by Fogel is given the lie by the contrary claim that I
    trolled Fogel by withholding the facts. If I selectively withheld the
    facts, I wasn't "developing" a whole new story, I was just not telling
    all of it.

    Quoted message said:

    involving a truck and
    recording his speed "on a certified calibrated government approved
    speedometer."

    This is Fogel's provincial American ignorance dressed up as an
    accusation of lying. Such speedometers are fitted to all longrange
    trucks in Europe to ensure the drivers don't work more hours than
    legally permitted, don't speed, and so on.

    Quoted message said:

    It's just as plausible as

    Unlikehood is neither impossibility nor untruth.

    Quoted message said:

    his original story.

    Another lie by Fogel. There is only one story. But Fogel accused me of
    being a liar before I could tell it, so I withheld the crucial fact
    while he made a fool of himself. Fogel has only his weak and vicious
    character to blame for his embarrassment.

    Quoted message said:

    If encouraged, he'd
    probably develop a long story about that amazing speedometer and why
    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    Here Fogel looks into the future and tells you he knows what I will
    say and in advance declares it a lie. No better example of Carl
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty is likely to be found. Oh, and this,

    Quoted message said:

    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    is another lie by Fogel. I did mention the speed the truck speedometer
    recorded, the release speed of 105kph.

    Quoted message said:


    His story wouldn't show any awareness that his "downhill, of course"
    was nonsense--riders have been beating 60 mph while drafting on the
    flats for over a century.

    Once more Fogel looks into the future and claims to know what is in my
    mind. This time he finds ignorance. No comment because none is
    necessary.

    Quoted message said:

    It doesn't really matter whether Andre actually thinks that it's
    necessary to add "downhill, of course" while not mentioning "behind a
    truck," whether he really knows of a "certified calibrated government
    approved speedometer," or whether he's just a compulsive Munchausen
    who plans to keep changing his stories until they're believed--who's
    going to believe his next implausible story?

    In plain English: "I, Carl Fogel, will call Andre Jute a liar
    regardless of what he says."

    I might point out that what is plausible on Fogel's little street
    corner is hardly a universal standard, nor cause for this scumbag
    Fogel to call anyone a liar. But why bother? Fogel has already told us
    that if I say, "The sun is shining," he will call me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    He'll just claim that
    everyone who doubted him was making foolish assumptions and should
    have realized that he was drafting a truck downhill.

    Again, Fogel claims to see into my mind and to know what I will say.
    And again he declares in advance that whatever I say is a lie.

    Quoted message said:

    Or that the sun
    was up, just in Thailand, not Ireland. Or whatever dodge he thinks
    will keep people talking to him.

    What did I just tell you!

    Quoted message said:

    If you met a fellow who told stories that way outside the internet,
    you'd simply walk away from him

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    Quoted message said:

    and his explanations about how honest
    he is.

    This is a lie by Fogel. I don't need to explain how honest I am, nor
    have I done so. Straightforward rationality will explain to all men of
    goodwill how honest -- or otherwise -- I am.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't plan to feed the troll.

    Run, rabbit, run.

    Quoted message said:


    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.

    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

  9. Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    What kind of person immediately turns to violence
    when his word is called into question.

    What kind of jackass are you, Press, to think we will fall for this
    dumb trick of yours which tries to persuade us that a figure of speech
    is an actual physical threat?

    This thread, and the three with it, and some remarks in "Chalo among
    the fashion victims and other impressionables" are kicking Fuhrer
    Fogel's slack butt over the houses. You're helping kick Fogel's slack
    butt over the houses by arguing too much. (Are a you a lady?)

    Quoted message said:

    "Do not question what I say, else I will beat you
    into submission."

    Why, that's what you Krygo-Fogel Scum tried to do to me in the thread
    "Chalo among the fashion victims and other impressionables", over a
    hundred messages abusing me. Now that I'm striking back, one little
    old intellectual against the whole gang of fit young bicycling
    bullyboys, suddenly you're whining that it isn't a fair contest. [censored].
    It'll only get fairer and fairer as the sharper little Krygo-Fogel
    gangbangers break ranks and run. McNamara has already run.

    Quoted message said:

    Michael Press

    A bully who cannot take what he likes handing out.

    Andre Jute
    98 pound weakling

  10. In article <[email hidden]>, jim beam

    Quoted message said:

    Andre Jute wrote:
    <snip [censored]>

    are you related to this guy?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI-5_Persecution

    Amazing there's an opera based on that MI-5 malcontent! Should we
    expect Jute's jive to inspire a musical? Forget about Hannibal at the
    gates, Jute is taking Broadway!

  11. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:
    Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    Andre Jute <[email hidden]> wrote:

    I address myself to everyone. As a matter of fact Carl Fogel
    never once said that Andre Jute lied or is a liar.

    I am Andre Jute, the guy Carl Fogel called a liar. It seems pretty
    clear to me that Fogel intended to call me a liar. The sequence, the
    speed of Fogel's reaction before I could put any facts on the table,
    the repetiion, all of it adds up to a single conclusion: the slimeball
    Fogel called me a liar and he did it intentionally. Here's the story
    in short dated takes:

    Carl Fogel did not call you liar. If you think that I am in error,
    you can quote the Message-ID of the message where he did so.

    --
    Michael Press

  12. Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    What kind of person immediately turns to violence
    when his word is called into question.

    "Do not question what I say, else I will beat you
    into submission."

    Ed Pirerro.

  13. "Tom Sherman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The invention of non-words for insults, such as the example above, is
    typically a juvenile activity.

    You mean like AJ did a few posts back?

  14. Beware of Enginerds Emeritii...

  15. Andre Jute said:

    liar
    liar -snip-
    liar -snip-
    slimeball -snip-
    little Krygo-Fogel gangbangers -snip-
    uberfuhrer Fogel -snip-
    little gangbangers -snip-
    You're a liar and a hypocrite, Michael Press -snip-
    You're as clumsy as Krygowski, so be careful you don't pull
    your own [censored] off, Press.-snip-
    Fogel's little acolytes -snip-
    indictment of Carl Fogel and his gang for crimes against common
    decency -snip-
    Lying scum. A consorter of lying scum. A liar on behalf of lying scum -snip-
    Fogel's McCathyite worldview-snip-
    Another lie by Fogel-snip-
    Fogel has only his weak and vicious character -snip-
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty-snip-
    another lie by Fogel-snip-
    this scumbag Fogel-snip-
    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.
    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Could you please just type 'nazi'? We'll invoke Godwin and move on.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  16. A Muzi said:
    Andre Jute said:

    liar
     liar -snip-
    liar  -snip-
    slimeball -snip-
    little Krygo-Fogel gangbangers  -snip-
    uberfuhrer Fogel  -snip-
    little gangbangers -snip-
    You're a liar and a hypocrite, Michael Press -snip-
    You're as clumsy as Krygowski, so be careful you don't pull
    your own [censored] off, Press.-snip-
     Fogel's little acolytes -snip-
    indictment of Carl Fogel and his gang for crimes against common
    decency -snip-
    Lying scum. A consorter of lying scum. A liar on behalf of lying scum -snip-
     Fogel's McCathyite worldview-snip-
    Another lie by Fogel-snip-
    Fogel has only his weak and vicious character -snip-
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty-snip-
    another lie by Fogel-snip-
    this scumbag Fogel-snip-
    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.
    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Could you please just type 'nazi'? We'll invoke Godwin and move on.

    AFAIK, "fuhrer" was and is a German word meaning "leader". It predates
    Adolph's little band of whack jobs.

  17. Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:
    Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,
     Andre Jute <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I address myself to everyone. As a matter of fact Carl Fogel
    never once said that Andre Jute lied or is a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    I am Andre Jute, the guy Carl Fogel called a liar. It seems pretty
    clear to me that Fogel intended to call me a liar. The sequence, the
    speed of Fogel's reaction before I could put any facts on the table,
    the repetiion, all of it adds up to a single conclusion: the slimeball
    Fogel called me a liar and he did it intentionally. Here's the story
    in short dated takes:

    Carl Fogel did not call you liar. If you think that I am in error,
    you can quote the Message-ID of the message where he did so.

    --
    Michael Press

    I'm afraid repeitition won't make your lie true, Press. Nor will
    cutting away the evidence I present and then demanding it all over
    again, as you do here.

    The indelible truth is that Fogel did call me a liar, he did it
    deliberately, he did it repeatedly, when I faced with it he repeated
    the offence, when offered a chance to 'fess up and apologize he
    refused with the words "I won't." How the devil can we come to any
    other conclusion than that Fogel is the enemy of fidelity.

    Here, for your delectation, is a selection of the evidence, with
    references to more evidence, an absolute Niagara of Fogel's guilt:

    Michael Press said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,
    Andre Jute <[email hidden]> wrote:
    I address myself to everyone. As a matter of fact Carl Fogel
    never once said that Andre Jute lied or is a liar.

    I am Andre Jute, the guy Carl Fogel called a liar. It seems pretty
    clear to me that Fogel intended to call me a liar. The sequence, the
    speed of Fogel's reaction before I could put any facts on the table,
    the repetiion, all of it adds up to a single conclusion: the
    slimeball
    Fogel called me a liar and he did it intentionally. Here's the story
    in short dated takes:
    ****
    Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm:
    "That's pretty fast - what hill?"
    Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm:
    "Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm lane."
    Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm:
    "Whereabouts is it?"
    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
    without waiting for my reply to Clive:
    "I'm not surprised that you got no real answer beyond that vague
    tarmacadam farm lane that only one farmer uses, continent
    unspecified...etc"
    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
    his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
    accusation that I'm a liar:
    "And I'd still be pleased to find that my skepticism is wrong and
    that
    there is a paved farm lane long enough and steep enough for that kind
    of bike to do well over 100 kmh."
    Fogel meanwhile sneers and jeers his way through the me-too posts of
    his gang getting in their knocks. I don't know anything about all
    this
    for another 16 hours...
    It is the next day before I answer Clive's question:
    Andre Jute Jan 24, 12:03 pm:
    Etc. At this point, where I'm just starting to put facts on the
    table, the slimeball Fogel had already repeatedly called me a liar.
    ********
    Here Michael Press continues:

    Quoted message said:

    It is rather surprising how quickly that the counter-claim
    has been taken to be fact.

    Especially among the little Krygo-Fogel gangbangers. One Michael
    Press
    for instance twice called me a liar. Hey, isn't it Michael Press
    who's
    saying here that Carl Fogel is innocent? Holy Moses, so it is. So
    where did Press, who offered no facts, no argument, no rationale for
    calling me a liar, where, oh where did Press get that "liar" from.
    Why, he got it from his uberfuhrer Fogel.
    The rest of the gang also piled in, of course, screeching "liar,
    liar". That was when I looked like a victim, waiting for all the
    little gangbangers to declare themselves so I could make a list. Now
    that I have my list and am working down it, suddenly poor Carl Fogel
    is much misunderstood.... And with him of course all the little
    gangbangers will claim they didn't call me a liar, it is all a
    misunderstanding. I don't think so.
    You're a liar and a hypocrite, Michael Press.

    Quoted message said:

    I am as quick as anyone to understand the direction of
    Carl Fogel's writing.

    Only too damned right. That's why you stand on the record as calling
    me a liar, because you "understood the direction of Carl Fogel's
    writing". You're as clumsy as Krygowski, so be careful you don't pull
    your own [censored] off, Press.

    Quoted message said:

    He implies that he does not believe
    Andre Jute and presents evidence that everyone should accept
    as being compelling _for_Carl_.

    It's the form of Fogel's insinuation (notice how Press tries to sneak
    a mere implication past us) and the timing and the number of those
    insinuations that together add up to an accusation of lying. Anyway,
    if it was all a mistake on Fogel's part, I gave him plenty of time
    and
    several opportunities to retract and apologise, and he told us
    specifically, "I won't."
    There is absolutely nothing left to conclude except that Fogel
    deliberately and with malice aforethought called me a liar. Now he
    can
    either prove it or take the consequences. Fogel's little acolytes
    like
    Press begging for forgiveness or, worse, a fudge of
    "misunderstanding"
    cut no ice whatsoever.

    Quoted message said:

    Please, everyone, keep your facts straight.

    We have our facts straight. They are in the four posts of my main
    indictment of Carl Fogel and his gang for crimes against common
    decency:
    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/...
    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/...
    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/...
    http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.bicycles.tech/browse_thread/thread/...

    Quoted message said:

    Michael Press

    Lying scum. A consorter of lying scum. A liar on behalf of lying
    scum.
    Andre Jute
    Pass up the black cap
    Here is the original in this thread, including the false accuser
    Fogel's refusal to retract and apologize, and several more
    accusations
    by Fogel:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Andre Jute said:

    I deliberately delayed giving a full explanation, and several times
    gave Fogel the tip that he made wrong assumptions, to give him time to
    apologize. He didn't.


    And he shouldn't.
    - Frank Krygowski


    Dear Frank,
    I won't.
    First Andre started off with the casual comment that he did well over
    100 kmh "downhill, of course."

    Of course one adds "downhill, of course". One doesn't want to claim
    to
    be as athletic as much more dedicated cyclists.

    Quoted message said:

    When several people pointed out the unlikelihood of that,

    This is a lie by Fogel, attempting to confuse the timeline. Only one
    person, Clive George, posted about it, and he merely asked for the
    place. Nobody mentioned unlikelihood to me. Before I could reply,
    Carl
    Fogel several times called me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    he whined

    This is a lie by Fogel whose object is to confuse the timeline by a
    whole day. Only *after* Fogel called me a liar several times did I
    object.

    Quoted message said:

    that we might as well ask for proof that the sun came up.

    This is a lie by Fogel. He tries to put words in my mouth that I
    never
    spoke and that are contrary to the ones I did speak:
    "Yes, I was amazed that Fogel should start calling me a liar before I
    could even answer. I hadn't realized that, in Fogel's McCathyite
    worldview, rec.bicycles.tech is so largely populated by liars that
    anyone saying the sun shines outside should first present a notarized
    report from the weather bureau."

    Quoted message said:

    Pressed for the place, he came up with an obscure road.

    Why, are only famous roads in America, personally approved by Carl
    Fogel, good enough to be towed a miserable 100kph on?
    Of course a road I can block off temporarily without attracting
    official attention is obscure, you moron. Irish farm lanes aren't
    labelled with names or numbers either. I had to identify this one by
    names of fields on the Ordnance Survey map.

    Quoted message said:

    Gradually he developed a whole new story

    This lie by Fogel is given the lie by the contrary claim that I
    trolled Fogel by withholding the facts. If I selectively withheld the
    facts, I wasn't "developing" a whole new story, I was just not
    telling
    all of it.

    Quoted message said:

    involving a truck and
    recording his speed "on a certified calibrated government approved
    speedometer."

    This is Fogel's provincial American ignorance dressed up as an
    accusation of lying. Such speedometers are fitted to all longrange
    trucks in Europe to ensure the drivers don't work more hours than
    legally permitted, don't speed, and so on.

    Quoted message said:

    It's just as plausible as

    Unlikehood is neither impossibility nor untruth.

    Quoted message said:

    his original story.

    Another lie by Fogel. There is only one story. But Fogel accused me
    of
    being a liar before I could tell it, so I withheld the crucial fact
    while he made a fool of himself. Fogel has only his weak and vicious
    character to blame for his embarrassment.

    Quoted message said:

    If encouraged, he'd
    probably develop a long story about that amazing speedometer and why
    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    Here Fogel looks into the future and tells you he knows what I will
    say and in advance declares it a lie. No better example of Carl
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty is likely to be found. Oh, and this,

    Quoted message said:

    he didn't mention the speed that it supposedly recorded.

    is another lie by Fogel. I did mention the speed the truck
    speedometer
    recorded, the release speed of 105kph.

    Quoted message said:

    His story wouldn't show any awareness that his "downhill, of course"
    was nonsense--riders have been beating 60 mph while drafting on the
    flats for over a century.

    Once more Fogel looks into the future and claims to know what is in
    my
    mind. This time he finds ignorance. No comment because none is
    necessary.

    Quoted message said:

    It doesn't really matter whether Andre actually thinks that it's
    necessary to add "downhill, of course" while not mentioning "behind a
    truck," whether he really knows of a "certified calibrated government
    approved speedometer," or whether he's just a compulsive Munchausen
    who plans to keep changing his stories until they're believed--who's
    going to believe his next implausible story?

    In plain English: "I, Carl Fogel, will call Andre Jute a liar
    regardless of what he says."
    I might point out that what is plausible on Fogel's little street
    corner is hardly a universal standard, nor cause for this scumbag
    Fogel to call anyone a liar. But why bother? Fogel has already told
    us
    that if I say, "The sun is shining," he will call me a liar.

    Quoted message said:

    He'll just claim that
    everyone who doubted him was making foolish assumptions and should
    have realized that he was drafting a truck downhill.

    Again, Fogel claims to see into my mind and to know what I will say.
    And again he declares in advance that whatever I say is a lie.

    Quoted message said:

    Or that the sun
    was up, just in Thailand, not Ireland. Or whatever dodge he thinks
    will keep people talking to him.

    What did I just tell you!

    Quoted message said:

    If you met a fellow who told stories that way outside the internet,
    you'd simply walk away from him

    If I met a fellow who called me a liar before I even told the story,
    which is what Fogel has done, I'd kick his butt over the houses to
    teach him some manners.

    Quoted message said:

    and his explanations about how honest
    he is.

    This is a lie by Fogel. I don't need to explain how honest I am, nor
    have I done so. Straightforward rationality will explain to all men
    of
    goodwill how honest -- or otherwise -- I am.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't plan to feed the troll.

    Run, rabbit, run.

    Quoted message said:

    Cheers,
    Carl Fogel

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.
    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

  18. A Muzi said:
    Andre Jute said:

    liar
     liar -snip-
    liar  -snip-
    slimeball -snip-
    little Krygo-Fogel gangbangers  -snip-
    uberfuhrer Fogel  -snip-
    little gangbangers -snip-
    You're a liar and a hypocrite, Michael Press -snip-
    You're as clumsy as Krygowski, so be careful you don't pull
    your own [censored] off, Press.-snip-
     Fogel's little acolytes -snip-
    indictment of Carl Fogel and his gang for crimes against common
    decency -snip-
    Lying scum. A consorter of lying scum. A liar on behalf of lying scum -snip-
     Fogel's McCathyite worldview-snip-
    Another lie by Fogel-snip-
    Fogel has only his weak and vicious character -snip-
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty-snip-
    another lie by Fogel-snip-
    this scumbag Fogel-snip-
    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.
    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Could you please just type 'nazi'?

    Of course not. That would reduce me to their level. They make
    unfounded accusations. I make a reasoned case on the evidence and then
    present my conclusion, which you've extracted above.

    Nor do I go around calling people Nazi just because someone else finds
    it convenient shorthand. Do have a reason to believe that Fogel and
    Krygowski are both nationalists and socialists? If so, you may of
    course called them Nazis but I would still want to examine the
    evidence for myself.

    Are Lou Holtman and Tom Sherman and I the only people on this entire
    newsgroup who believe in content over personalities?

    Quoted message said:

    We'll invoke Godwin and move on.

    Don't tell me, just do it. For those not interested in abstracts like
    truth and the right to free speech, there is nothing of substance in
    these threads, merely necessary procedure to pour drain cleaner on
    some stubborn toiletscale called Fogel and Krygowski.

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Andre Jute
    Relentless rigour

  19. Ozark Bicycle said:
    A Muzi said:
    Andre Jute said:

    liar
    liar -snip-
    liar -snip-
    slimeball -snip-
    little Krygo-Fogel gangbangers -snip-
    uberfuhrer Fogel -snip-
    little gangbangers -snip-
    You're a liar and a hypocrite, Michael Press -snip-
    You're as clumsy as Krygowski, so be careful you don't pull
    your own [censored] off, Press.-snip-
    Fogel's little acolytes -snip-
    indictment of Carl Fogel and his gang for crimes against common
    decency -snip-
    Lying scum. A consorter of lying scum. A liar on behalf of lying scum -snip-
    Fogel's McCathyite worldview-snip-
    Another lie by Fogel-snip-
    Fogel has only his weak and vicious character -snip-
    Fogel's malice and dishonesty-snip-
    another lie by Fogel-snip-
    this scumbag Fogel-snip-
    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.
    Andre Jute
    Zero tolerance for pompous little netfuhrers

    Quoted message said:

    Could you please just type 'nazi'? We'll invoke Godwin and move on.

    AFAIK, "fuhrer" was and is a German word meaning "leader". It predates
    Adolph's little band of whack jobs.

    I believe the root meaning would be "the one that steers". Thus, Ralph
    Kramden was a bus fuhrer!

  20. Andre Jute wrote:
    -snip roughly 270 lines such as:

    Quoted message said:

    You a simpering backstabber, Carl Fogel, and a liar, and a false
    accuser. In short, you're scum.

    Someone has to do it.

    "Nazi"

    Now, let's move on.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.