I think that is the bracket that breaks easily, but I could be wrong - check the threads linked here for some options for mounting torches as bike lights:
Twofish Lockblocks seem to get good reviews, but they are not available many places 🙁
Most of the dealextreme (DX) stuff is cheap, some of it is good too! Plenty of reviews of their LED torches at candlepowerforums too.
I ordered some stuff from DX, yet to receive them. But I am going to go linked hose clamps to mount that torch on the bars. I have tried the hose clamps with a minimaglite, and its a very secure mount. Also hose clamps are relatively cheap.
The BoM used to publish data like this, but I can't for the life of me find it on their website.
I think what you might be saying is that in summer, the chances of you getting bucketed at the end of the day are much higher with southerlies coming through, rather than in autumn/winter, where it will just rain, and rain, and rain, and rain.
Since you meantion rain - It's raining cats & dogs in Sydney.
I left my bike in the shed & walked today. I don't mind the rain myself, I just don't quite trust the other roadusers.
My Uno rain jacket appears to not be the best raincoat out there. It doesn't breathe that particulary well, but at least it keeps me from getting drenched.
Update: now rolling with a ultrafire C3 from dealextreme...it really punches out some light...and with 8 rechargeables and charger unit came in under $50 shipped.
Yes, definitely getting soaked the past few days...but feeling very powerful 😄 Still foxed by the jacket issue, will most likely go the vest. Used gaffa tape over the vented parts of the shoes tonight on the way home, pretty dry tootsies 🙂
Cant really help with the rain jacket question but I use the Inova T4 led torch bought from here and this mount. Its a little flimsy so I use a couple of strong lackys as insurance. Burn time for the torch is in fact a little more than 2 hours.
Cant really help with the rain jacket question but I use the Inova T4 led torch bought from here and this mount. Its a little flimsy so I use a couple of strong lackys as insurance. Burn time for the torch is in fact a little more than 2 hours.
Thanks for the info. Regarding that mount:
- what range of diameters of torch do you think it would take? - would it fit oversized (31.8 mm) road handlebars?