Linear Walk....

Another silly question....

Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
Public transport to get back to the car?

E.g. Kirby Stephen to Garsdale...

[option 1] drive to Garsdale - train to Kirby Stephen - walk back...

[option 2] drive to Kirby Stephen - walk to Garsdale - train back...

Or doesn't it matter?

On 6 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Another silly question....
>
>Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
>Public transport to get back to the car?

Given the reliability of public transport I prefer to use it on the
outward leg, at least then if it's late or cancelled it's not too late
to change your plans!

S.

--
Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

Simon Caldwell wrote:
> On 6 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0700, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Another silly question....
>>
>>Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
>>Public transport to get back to the car?

> Given the reliability of public transport I prefer to use it on the
> outward leg, at least then if it's late or cancelled it's not too late
> to change your plans!
>
> S.

Ditto

- or use PT both ways!

druidh

On the other hand, using public transport to get back may give you the
option to finish somewhere different if you want to shorten or lengthen the
walk. Also, I prefer not to waste time at the beginning of the day.

Adrian

"Simon Caldwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 6 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0700, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Another silly question....
> >
> >Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
> >Public transport to get back to the car?

> Given the reliability of public transport I prefer to use it on the
> outward leg, at least then if it's late or cancelled it's not too late
> to change your plans!
>
> S.
>
> --
> Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
> http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

I know a bloke walked from Fersit to Corrour Halt, as he arrived the last
train of the day was pulling out of the station, took him about 5 hours to
shank it back along the track!