Linear Walk....

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Another silly question....

    Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
    Public transport to get back to the car?

    E.g. Kirby Stephen to Garsdale...

    [option 1] drive to Garsdale - train to Kirby Stephen - walk back...

    [option 2] drive to Kirby Stephen - walk to Garsdale - train back...

    Or doesn't it matter?

    Tags:

  2. On 6 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0700, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Another silly question....
    >
    >Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
    >Public transport to get back to the car?

    Given the reliability of public transport I prefer to use it on the
    outward leg, at least then if it's late or cancelled it's not too late
    to change your plans!

    S.

    --
    Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

  3. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Simon Caldwell wrote:
    > On 6 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0700, "[email protected]"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Another silly question....
    >>
    >>Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
    >>Public transport to get back to the car?

    > Given the reliability of public transport I prefer to use it on the
    > outward leg, at least then if it's late or cancelled it's not too late
    > to change your plans!
    >
    > S.

    Ditto

    - or use PT both ways!

    druidh

  4. On the other hand, using public transport to get back may give you the
    option to finish somewhere different if you want to shorten or lengthen the
    walk. Also, I prefer not to waste time at the beginning of the day.

    Adrian

    "Simon Caldwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 6 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0700, "[email protected]"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Another silly question....
    > >
    > >Is it better to use Public transport to get to the start point? or use
    > >Public transport to get back to the car?

    > Given the reliability of public transport I prefer to use it on the
    > outward leg, at least then if it's late or cancelled it's not too late
    > to change your plans!
    >
    > S.
    >
    > --
    > Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
    > http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

  5. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    I know a bloke walked from Fersit to Corrour Halt, as he arrived the last
    train of the day was pulling out of the station, took him about 5 hours to
    shank it back along the track!