Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Litespeed Tuscany

Started by azdroptop · · Last activity · 26 posts · 6,311 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 April 2006
Last activity
29 April 2006
Original author
azdroptop
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
6,311
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Wurm said:

    Well that's the thing with Litespeed's - once you have the one that fits you size-wise and for riding style, you really don't want another bike. I look at it as saving lots of money down the road by not constanly being on the "upgrade" path. 😉


    That's what I thought until I started wearing everything out 😄 Also a lot of shops will discount a complete bike build, so if you were to piece each piece out as an individual purchase there is no way you could bring it together for the complete bike price. I was pretty lucky in finding a shop that was willing to wheel and deal a little, which helped. people always think I'm a little crazy when it comes to fit, test riding, and all that, but unless someone is giving you frames/bikes and you have a money tree in the front yard - it's the only way to do it.

    HR

  2. azdroptop said:

    Cool story! I definately need to ride one before I stop considering them completely. 🙂


    Bikes are like many things that are subject to one's taste. Just because a wine gets a particular rating, a cigar has a high number, or some beer guru says it’s great, it doesn't mean you will be guaranteed to like any of them.

    For years I thought I wanted a Klein Quantum until I rode one, to me it was like riding a brick it was so stiff and unforgiving. To me that is exactly what I do not care for, it doesn’t mean that the Klein isn’t one of the best made Al bikes on the planet; it’s just not for me.

    Try a Tusc out I hope you like it.

    I finally got smart and bought my wife a compact frame road bike, with a 2cm longer stem, and raising the seat, I have a second bike! We got her a custom CIOCC, Reynolds Scandium main triangle and carbon rear-end - that thing rides like a lightening bolt!

    HR

  3. Hookyrider said:

    Bikes are like many things that are subject to one's taste....it doesn't mean you will be guaranteed to like any of them.

    Absolutely. What works for you may not be best for me, et al. That's why it's hard to criticize (or laugh!) at someone else's choice in a bike - OR to put too much stock into subjective review - because you (or I) are not the ones riding it.

    Ride then decide, I always say.

    Who knows, I may get on a Siena or the most recent Tusc and hate it! But I don't think they'll be far removed from my old '00 model, and very possibly a "better" ride...whatever that means. 😉

  4. I'd love to hop on a Seina! I toured the factory a few years ago when the frame was in developement - we had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which made the experience even cooler. Yep - I'm pretty much a geek.

    HR

  5. I rode one a few months back when I was test riding bikes. I know everyone here has raved about it, but I didn't like it. It was too soft/damp for my taste and didn't have the road feel I was looking for. I couldn't wait to get off the thing. Sorry, just my opinion. I ended up with a carbon/AL felt.

    L

  6. Lonnie Utah said:

    I rode one a few months back when I was test riding bikes. I know everyone here has raved about it, but I didn't like it. It was too soft/damp for my taste and didn't have the road feel I was looking for. I couldn't wait to get off the thing. Sorry, just my opinion. I ended up with a carbon/AL felt.


    Been said - so not sure why you bothered...

    "Bikes are like many things that are subject to one's taste....it doesn't mean you will be guaranteed to like any of them."

    HR

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.