Quoted message said:Subject: Re: Liver/ gall bladder flush NOT! recommended at outset
From: Peter Bowditch [email hidden]
Date: 3/2/2004 2:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
Message-id: <[email hidden]>
(toby jones) said:"I have been diagnosed or believe I have gall stones – should I do a gall bladder/liver flush?"
"No – this is not recommended as a first step." ...
"It is recommended to have an ultrasound of the gall bladder before undertaking the flush to
make sure.
"The reason being that if the gall bladder is full of silent gall stones and a flush is undertaken
– these stones _may become impacted in the narrow bile ducts as they are flushed out_. This may
cause a tear in the duct."
www.liverdoctor.com/Section4/gallbladder.asp
You would expect ex-Dr Cabot to say this. Flushes compete with her own scam.
I had something to say about ex-Dr Cabot at ratbags.comdrcabot.htmOpen ↗
Australia exports lots of things - coal, natural gas, manufactured goods, minerals, agricultural
produce, meat, live sheep, wine, ... . One export of which we cannot be proud is Dr Sandra Cabot,
author of a string of execrable books devoted to exploiting people's fears about their health and
moving their money into her bank account.
An indication of Dr Cabot's contempt for both the truth and her readers is the fact that she lies
about her university qualifications. On the covers of many of her books and on her web site she is
referred to as "Sandra Cabot MD". Dr Cabot is indeed a medical doctor, although she does not seem
to be licensed to practise in Australia. The reasons for this lack of registration are cloudy, and
Australian defamation laws deter me from speculation on the rumours. My complaint is not that she
is not qualified as a doctor, it is that she does not hold a degree abbreviated to "MD".
On her site she says that she is a graduate of the University of Adelaide where, as with most
Australian medical schools, she was awarded the two degrees Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of
Surgery, abbreviated to "MB,BS". I have been told by an apologist for Dr Cabot that she uses the
form of qualification issued by American universities as some sort of marketing label so as not to
confuse residents of that country. So what? The facts are that she does not hold the degree of MD
and is not entitled to put the initials after her name. I realise that this is only a small thing,
but deceit on the cover of a book is a fair indication of the author's attitude to the presentation
of facts between the covers.
===
From: Jan ([email hidden]) Subject: Re: Amalgam Not Cleared View: Complete Thread (39 articles)
Original Format Newsgroups: sci.med.dentistry Date: 2002-11-27 23:24:57 PST
Quoted message said:Subject: Re: Amalgam Not Cleared From: Peter Bowditch [email hidden] Date: 11/28/02 1:11 AM US
Eastern Standard Time Message-id: <[email hidden]>
(Jan) said:Quoted message said:Subject: Re: Amalgam Not Cleared From: Peter Bowditch [email hidden] Date: 11/27/02 5:45 PM
US Eastern Standard Time Message-id: <[email hidden]>
[email hidden] (Jan) wrote:
>There is NO safe form of Mercury in living tissue.
What are your qualifications to say this, Jan?
For those not following MHA, this is posted because Peter is going to be an advisor to an anti-
quackery committee, and I have asked him, his
qualifictions,
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:he has skipped, and danced but NOT answered, which means he has no medical qualifications. EVEN
though he is famous for squawking about qualifications.
Now, he is caught red handed in double standards.
To answer you, Peter, I didn't say it. I posted it.
Check the WHO and see if you can find it!
Jan
Further explanation is needed.
I am assisting a committee which is going to investigate fraud. Jan would like to see this fraud
continue on unabated. She does not believe that anyone who is not actively committing fraud should
be permitted to try to stop it happening.
As usual, this is a lie. I condone no fraud.. My questions are :
What are your qualifications to be advisor, Peter?
WHY have you not answered this repeated question???????
As a matter of fact there are several you have not answered,,,,,,,,,,,,
WHO decides what is useless, and what is *potentially* dangerous??????
AND DO YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES PLAN TO STOP WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN TO BE DANGEROUS??
And WHAT are YOUR qualifications, Peter??? Like Barrett, are YOU qualiified to make these
decisions????
Quoted message said:I assume that you are not in favour of vulnerable people being ripped off.
You are correct. *MY* concern is WHO decides and WHAT are their qualifications???
Is this a CONTROL problem?? Sure sounds like *anything* NOT endored by *organized medicine* is
either useless or *potentially* dangerous. Is this correct??
Are you a right hand man for Barrett??
AND WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS???????
I predict,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that *ANYTHING* not endorsed by organized medicine will be
banned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Now, do show us how TRUTHFUL you are and tell us WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS TO BE ON THIS
COMMITTEE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It is You who is always saying practitioners are not qualified, NOW I am asking WHAT ARE YOUR
QUALIFACTIONS??????
Peter did NOT answer. His buddies rushed in to answer for him, while he remained silent.
If anyone wants to follow the discussion it is under Anti-Qquackery committee on MHA.
Quoted message said:I have given Jan my qualifications to be an advisor to this committee, but she does not think that
I am the right person.
Please do post them. The facts are you have given none, just some feelings and comparsions.
Quoted message said:She thinks I am acting under the instructions of someone who lives 12,000 miles from my place and
whom I have never met.
Mercy the tales keep getting longer. I have said not one word about you acting under anyone
instructions.
Quoted message said:As evidence of Jan's double standards, apparently I should be a medical doctor if I am to fight
medical fraud, but I don't have to be one to commit the fraud.
Not even. It is YOU who has the double standards. I asked for your qualification to be an advisor on
this so called anti-quackery committee who will be making medical decisions.
It appears you have none, you have NOT reported them.
You are a LIAR!
Quoted message said:More at ratbags.comquackeryOpen ↗
For the truth of the discussion, see Anti-Quackery Committee
AND
Stop All Alternative Committee.
Jan
After not letting him get by with his being a total hyporcrite, he FINALLY answered:
My qualifications are that I am a scientifically-literate, concerned citizen with a particular
interest in medical quackery. I am sick of seeing liars and thieves get away with their lying and
thieving. I am sick of hearing stories about families being impoverished in order to pay for useless
medical treatments for their sick children. I am sick of hearing about desperate people being robbed
of their life savings by charlatans who only care about money. I am sick of hearing that murderers
are heroes and heroes are murderers. Or, as George Mallory said about climbing Mount Everest:
"Because it's there".
===
Then he goes to Las Vegas to speak.
We'll have two important speakers informing us on the present state of quackery. Dr. Steve Barrett,
of www.Quackwatch.com fame will describe the situation in the USA, and
**** Peter Bowditch, from Australia, will bring Down Under Quackery, way Up Top for us.*****
Peter's *medical* qualifications to be an advisor on a quackery committee.
ZERO!!
Concerned citizen will do.
What a total hypocrite!!!!
Jan