Local gym gets it

Myosmith

Apr 27, 2011
I live in a small rural community with a community run fitness center. It's actually quite nice for a town our size thanks to the generosity of a philanthropist from this area. Up until now there has been a selection of good elliptical trainers, treadmills and a stair stepper, but the cycling enthusiasts were stuck with a rather less than ideal stationary bike. Now the club bought not one, but three very nice cycling trainers. I don't have the brand or model right off the top of my head, but they have aerostyle bars, real road bike type seats, and everything adjusts, often in several directions. They are solid and feel as close to a bike as anything else I've ever tried that didn't actually move. I'm really looking forward to using these this winter when the temps drop to below zero F and the snow gets waist deep.

I'll be writing the fitness center board a big thank you.

Originally Posted by Myosmith .

I live in a small rural community with a community run fitness center. It's actually quite nice for a town our size thanks to the generosity of a philanthropist from this area. Up until now there has been a selection of good elliptical trainers, treadmills and a stair stepper, but the cycling enthusiasts were stuck with a rather less than ideal stationary bike. Now the club bought not one, but three very nice cycling trainers. I don't have the brand or model right off the top of my head, but they have aerostyle bars, real road bike type seats, and everything adjusts, often in several directions. They are solid and feel as close to a bike as anything else I've ever tried that didn't actually move. I'm really looking forward to using these this winter when the temps drop to below zero F and the snow gets waist deep.

I'll be writing the fitness center board a big thank you.

That's a good deal. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

We've got a Travel Trac trainer to put the bikes on at home, but I really hate using it. I usually use the elliptical we have, for some reason that doesn't bore me to death like the bike trainer does.