Lockable Toolkit to fix on bike

MarkHB

Feb 8, 2011
Does anyone know of the availability of a basic toolkit in a lockable container that can be securely fixed to the bike?
That would save me having to lug the kit around in my cycling briefcase.
I'm sure there used to be such products but I can't find one.

even if you find one i don't think its a safe option if you park your bike on the outside,
when i commute i do carry repair stuff with me in my pannier bag or cycling briefcase, as you put it,

When I rode a lot and wore a jersey, I made myself a simple folding tool wallet out of nylon and velcro; carried that in one jersey pocket; CO2 inflator in another and spare tube in another. the wallet contained compact bike tools, ID, etc. All served me well. I've now made a larger version that attaches to my saddle (Brooks, so it has hanger loops). But I recognize that anyone could walk off with that. I'm more concerned about the bike, and I don't normally leave it anywhere. I imagine that you could fashion something to attach to the bottle holder bosses if you were handy. I really like the Acorn tool roll and some other small canvas saddle bags, but if I had one, I'd then worry about someone taking it!

"Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

A cycling briefcase?

Enlighten me..."

A pannier that off the bike is carried like a briefcase, and functions like one. I use mine even when not cycling. Being a British touring cyclist of a certain age mine is made by the excellent Lancashire Carradice firm. There are others available, but only cotton duck (as in Carradice) or the (not biodegradable at he end of their life) welded seam type keeps the rain out of your documents.

Originally Posted by MarkHB .

"Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

A cycling briefcase?

Enlighten me..."

A pannier that off the bike is carried like a briefcase, and functions like one. I use mine even when not cycling. Being a British touring cyclist of a certain age mine is made by the excellent Lancashire Carradice firm. There are others available, but only cotton duck (as in Carradice) or the (not biodegradable at he end of their life) welded seam type keeps the rain out of your documents.

I know Carridice well, having lived about 30 miles away from Nelson for almost 30 years before moving to sunny northern California. Even though I used to race lots, we'd do a fair bit of Youth Hosteling during late winter and early spring to get the hard miles in - most of which were done with a set of panniers on the back of the bike. Carridice, of course...