locking quick release

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Seth Jayson, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    Tags:

  2. Ian D

    Ian D Guest

    looks interesting but... You'd want to be able to specify the key code so you could get the same
    for all of your bikes (none of you guys have just one - right? :)) I don't think it's long
    enough to work with a BOB (trailer) axle Oh and the BOB will need one too so they need to be
    available individually Actual cost of intenational shipping isn't on the website and (killer)
    It's too expensive

    Granted my cable lock / D-Lock combination isn't as elegant but it locks whichever cycle I have with
    me all for the price of one kit.

    And if anyone knows where I can buy a 6/8/10 ft plastic-coated 4-6mm *non-curly* steel cable with a
    loop on each end, I could do with a replacement.

    just my $0.02 - about 1 1/2p I suppose Ian

    "Seth Jayson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Someone remarked the other day about wanting a locking quick-release that wasn't a pain in the
    > butt. I reviewed this one the other day. I think it's a good product.
    >
    > Sj

    http://www.windycitysports.com/story.cfm?story_id=4646&departmentID=21&publi cationID=26

  3. This one might give the theif a couple of extra steps just to steal your wheel. It's not fool proof,
    but usually they would rather move on to an easier prey.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2712014703&category=22691

    Tony Licuanan Seattle, WA

    "Ian D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > looks interesting but... You'd want to be able to specify the key code so you could get the same
    > for all of your bikes (none of you guys have just one - right? :))
    >
    > just my $0.02 - about 1 1/2p I suppose Ian
    >
    > "Seth Jayson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Someone remarked the other day about wanting a locking quick-release that wasn't a pain in the
    > > butt. I reviewed this one the other day. I think it's a good product.
    > >
    > > Sj
    > >

    > http://www.windycitysports.com/story.cfm?story_id=4646&departmentID=21&publi cationID=26

  4. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > You'd want to be able to specify the key code so you could get the same for all of your bikes
    > (none of you guys have just one - right? :))

    I don't think that would be too tough to arrange. You can talk to the founder of the company on
    the phone...

    > I don't think it's long enough to work with a BOB (trailer) axle
    probably not...

    > Oh and the BOB will need one too so they need to be available individually
    you think someone's gonna steal the wheel off your BOB? I'm not sure a BOB needs a QR, myself.

    > Actual cost of intenational shipping isn't on the website and (killer) It's too expensive
    Maybe it seems that way, but locks ain't cheap, and I'd rather not carry around the extra weight. Of
    course, I usually use a curley, lightweight cable, but it's not the kind of thing I'd trust with a
    more 'spensif bike.

  5. Paul Worden

    Paul Worden Guest

    Sail makers can make eyeletted steel cables (as used in sailboat rigging.)

    Or you can buy eyelets and bolted clamps and make your own. File the bolt heads round before use.

    Paul W