London cycle program press release

In message <[email protected]>
POHB <[email protected]> wrote:

> Here's the actual press release:
>
> http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_release.jsp?releaseid=15612
>
> "6,000 bikes available every 300 metres"

Thats 20 per metre.

You won't be able to cycle anywhere because all those bike will be getting
in the way.
This is definately a grab for votes in the next London election,
which can only be a good thing if Ken is trying to fight Boris over cycling.
Although I would prefer realistic ideas, rather than attention grabbing
headlines about silly ideas.

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:15:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be POHB
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Here's the actual press release:
>
>http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_release.jsp?releaseid=15612

I see that Mr Livingstone's people know how to spell programme
correctly.

There is a lack of detail to the plans. Those who are in the area
may like to lobby to ensure this is not the anti-cyclist measure
that some fear.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

On 11 Feb, 14:55, David Hansen <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:15:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be POHB
> <[email protected]> wrote this:-
>
> >Here's the actual press release:

> >http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_release.jsp?releaseid=15612

> I see that Mr Livingstone's people know how to spell programme
> correctly.
>
> There is a lack of detail to the plans. Those who are in the area
> may like to lobby to ensure this is not the anti-cyclist measure
> that some fear.
>
> --
>   David Hansen, Edinburgh
>  I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
>  http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

Maps:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...ys+in+Ken's+£500m+cycle+revolution/article.do

Martin Dann wrote:
> In message
>
> <[email protected]>
> POHB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Here's the actual press release:
>>
>> http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_release.jsp?releaseid=15612
>>
>> "6,000 bikes available every 300 metres"

> Thats 20 per metre.
>
> You won't be able to cycle anywhere because all those bike will be
> getting in the way.

No, its a badly constructed sentence :)

I think they mean: 6000 bikes for hire. Hire stations will be spaced at 300m
intervals.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/