long handlebar tape?

Steve Watkin

Guest
Anyone know where I can get longer handlebar tape. The std. length in all
the packets I have previously purchased are not long enough to cover all the
bar.
I have wide 46cm drops and Marsas pads.

SW

Steve Watkin wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get longer handlebar tape. The std. length
> in all the packets I have previously purchased are not long enough to
> cover all the bar.
> I have wide 46cm drops and Marsas pads.
>
> SW

Are you stretching the tape enough? I quite often have to trim off some tape
(44cm bars).

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:18:26 +0100, "Simonb"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Steve Watkin wrote:
>> Anyone know where I can get longer handlebar tape. The std. length
>> in all the packets I have previously purchased are not long enough to
>> cover all the bar.
>> I have wide 46cm drops and Marsas pads.
>>
>> SW

>Are you stretching the tape enough? I quite often have to trim off some tape
>(44cm bars).

Simonb makes a good point. Modern synthetic stuff can be stretched a
great deal.

chris

"Chris Heys" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:18:26 +0100, "Simonb"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Steve Watkin wrote:
> >> Anyone know where I can get longer handlebar tape. The std. length
> >> in all the packets I have previously purchased are not long enough to
> >> cover all the bar.
> >> I have wide 46cm drops and Marsas pads.
> >>
> >> SW

> >Are you stretching the tape enough? I quite often have to trim off some

tape
> >(44cm bars).
> >

> Simonb makes a good point. Modern synthetic stuff can be stretched a
> great deal.
>
> chris

Problem is that if I streach it lots it crushes the Marsas foam so it
becomes ineffictive!

SW