Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Long sleeved summer tops

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 10 posts · 892 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
16 October 2004
Last activity
18 October 2004
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
892
Views / 30 days
11

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Do they exist?

    Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day. I've
    been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice is
    sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

    What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
    cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?
    --
    Cheers
    Euan

  2. <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Do they exist?

    Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day. I've
    been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice is
    sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

    What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
    cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

    Ground Effect do their Rock Lobster
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product_detail.php?style=ROC&category=SUM
    It is made in their Intercool fabric that has a high UV rating and is much
    more comfortable & less smelly than Coolmax.

    Available on-line or ring them on their freecall number 1800 145 333

    Cheers
    Peter

  3. Peter Signorini said:
    Quoted message said:

    What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
    cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

    Ground Effect do their Rock Lobster
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product_detail.php?style=ROC&category=SUM
    It is made in their Intercool fabric that has a high UV rating and is much
    more comfortable & less smelly than Coolmax.

    Ive got one as well, GE make the best stuff =)

    till

  4. "till" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Peter Signorini said:
    Quoted message said:

    What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
    cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

    Ground Effect do their Rock Lobster
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product_detail.php?style=ROC&category=SUM
    It is made in their Intercool fabric that has a high UV rating and is


    much

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    more comfortable & less smelly than Coolmax.

    Ive got one as well, GE make the best stuff =)

    till

    Unfortunately, Ground Effect sizes only go up to a Large or else I would
    definately have some of their stuff......it looks to be pretty high quality
    and is reasonably priced. I even wrote them an email asking if they were
    considering making some bigger sizes but sadly they are not.

    Ride On,

    Gags

  5. <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    Do they exist?

    Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day.
    I've been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice
    is sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

    What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
    cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

    The Netti "Force" long sleeve jersey is in their summer lineup and has a UPF
    of 50+.

    http://www.netti.com.au/products/generic/detail.asp?f_CatalogueID=24&f_CategoryID=71&f_ProductID=756

    Jaggad don't make a summer long sleeve top.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  6. Don't know if will help much, but a couple of years ago when I was cycling around Austria me and a friend found all this Shimano stuff on sale at a bike shop, which included some long sleeve summer cycling shirts. Really good, very breathable, you can wear it most of the year round (except I wouldn't recommend it in winter). I can't find anything like it on the Australian Shimano website, but the European one has it in the cycling clothing section under Cycling Wear - Originals.

    shimano-europe.comcycling

    Dunno how exactly you would get hold of it in Australia though.

  7. Thank you for the thread + links, for one, I HATE prolonged exposure to the hot sun in summer. In past years I've worn long sleeved cotton tops rather than be exposed to UV. At this years MBTC Mad Ride I wore sleeved thermals. Bloody hot day, but thanks to the thermals - bearable. Other cyclists probably thought I was completely barking. Well thats subject to conjecture, but I sooner prefer a reasonable level of unpleasantness compared to severe sunburn on very pale skin.

  8. Yes we have plenty of 'summer weight' Suarez long sleeve shirts , in big
    sizes too $79 with long zipper .
    Steve @ Ideal Cycles
    drop us a line for design/size availability

  9. But, all the Ground Effect stuff is very generous in sizing. I would
    still have a go at ordering some. They have absolutely no problems with
    you people sending stuff back if it's not quite right in size

    Allan

    Quoted message said:

    Unfortunately, Ground Effect sizes only go up to a Large or else I would
    definately have some of their stuff......it looks to be pretty high quality
    and is reasonably priced. I even wrote them an email asking if they were
    considering making some bigger sizes but sadly they are not.

    Ride On,

    Gags

  10. [email hidden said:

    "]Do they exist?

    Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day. I've
    been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice is
    sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

    What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
    cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?
    --
    Cheers
    Euan


    Netti also have the sunshield long sleeve tops in high visibility yellow

    http://www.netti.com.au/products/generic/detail.asp?f_CatalogueID=24&f_CategoryID=71&f_ProductID=346

    you might also consider as a cheaper alternative the high visibility long sleeve summer workwear shirts for about half the price of the cheapest cycle tops made by king gee and probably other workwear manufactures

    michael

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.