Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Look 396 L Cleat Hard To Remove

Started by sansabar · · Last activity · 7 posts · 938 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 November 2005
Last activity
15 November 2005
Original author
sansabar
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
938
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. First of all, I'm not a newbie to clipless pedals and their adjustments. I just put a set of Look 396 pedals on my LeMond and I'm having trouble getting the left foot to disengage. The right clicks in and out just fine but the left hangs up on disengagement every time. I have the pedals set to the weakest hold, with the new red cleats mounted to a pair of Sidi's. Anyone else experience anything like this?

  2. Try putting a few drops of whatever chain lube you're using on the rear binding pivot points, then open and close the binding a few times with your hands.

  3. artmichalek said:

    Try putting a few drops of whatever chain lube you're using on the rear binding pivot points, then open and close the binding a few times with your hands.


    I'll give it a try. The cleat seems to move the binding pretty well already - just stops about halfway through the release.

  4. sansabar said:

    I'll give it a try. The cleat seems to move the binding pretty well already - just stops about halfway through the release.


    It sounds like there could be a bit of dirt or debris stuck inside. If you can't blow it out with some compressed air, you'll have to take the pedal apart.

  5. Brand new, right out of the box. Just my luck. I'll get into it when I get home.

  6. sansabar said:

    Brand new, right out of the box. Just my luck. I'll get into it when I get home.


    If they're brand new, take them back to wherever you bought them from.

  7. artmichalek said:

    If they're brand new, take them back to wherever you bought them from.


    Nashbar order. Probably will after I eliminate any issues I could easily remedy (like trash in the release). I really dislike the mail-order swaps.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.