Looking for a bike shop that really helps with sizing and set up in New York City

dgolann

Jan 11, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to buy a road-oriented hybrid in New York City (probably a Jamis Coda Sport). The problem is that the bike shops don't seem interested in helping me to find a precise fit in terms of bike size, set-up and cranks.

Most bike sellers just give me a small or medium frame bike (17 or 19 inches), because I'm 5' 8" and then they ask me which one I like better. The truth is I have no idea which is a better fit for me.

It's extremely important for me to get a perfect fit if I'm dropping $700 on a brand new bike. Where should I go in New York for help? It would help a lot if they sold Jamis bikes as well.

Thanks,
David Golann

From what I can see if you are interested in this bike and you are 5'8" tall they can offer you the 17" or 19" to try out for sizing. The Coda comes in three models the Comp, Sport and Elite. They all appear to have the same crank and similar components. Fit is important and they should be able to make fit adjustments to custom tailor the bike to you. Things like handle bar position and saddle position are easy enough and any respectable cycle shop should do these free of charge. Do not spend your money on any bike that you are not comforable with.
I cant help you with a LBS but you should be able to google Jamis and find one close to you.