General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Looking for a recipe for Ambercup Squash

Started by Kswck · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,302 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 September 2005
Last activity
11 September 2005
Original author
Kswck
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,302
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Thank you.

  2. Kswck said:

    Thank you.

    I've never heard of Ambercup squash. Do you think it's like a Buttercup
    squash? (Similar to Acorn but more orange-and-green stripey on the outside
    and sort of squat like a small pumpkin)?

    Jill

  3. http://images.google.com/images?q=ambercup+squash&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

    Nancree

  4. Yup, that's the one.

    "nancree" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://images.google.com/images?q=ambercup+squash&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

    Nancree

  5. Related to Buttercup squash, except it's orange all around.

    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kswck said:

    Thank you.

    I've never heard of Ambercup squash. Do you think it's like a Buttercup
    squash? (Similar to Acorn but more orange-and-green stripey on the outside
    and sort of squat like a small pumpkin)?

    Jill

  6. Kswck said:

    Related to Buttercup squash, except it's orange all around.


    I've never had one, then. If the taste and texture is anything like
    Buttercup, I just split it in half round the middle, scoop out the seeds and
    pith, plop some butter in the 'well' and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake
    at 350F for an hour or until very tender. A couple of times through baking,
    I brush the melted butter along the cut edges.

    You could treat it like a pumpkin if you like "sweet", sprinkling on some
    pie spices (nutmeg, etc) and brown sugar. If you don't want "sweet", try
    some ground ginger. We had a thread about squashes not long ago - Wayne was
    asking about Butternut squash and there were a lot of ideas given.

    Jill

    Quoted message said:


    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kswck said:

    Thank you.

    I've never heard of Ambercup squash. Do you think it's like a
    Buttercup squash? (Similar to Acorn but more orange-and-green
    stripey on the outside and sort of squat like a small pumpkin)?

    Jill

  7. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kswck said:

    Related to Buttercup squash, except it's orange all around.


    I've never had one, then. If the taste and texture is anything like
    Buttercup, I just split it in half round the middle, scoop out the seeds
    and
    pith, plop some butter in the 'well' and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
    Bake
    at 350F for an hour or until very tender. A couple of times through
    baking,
    I brush the melted butter along the cut edges.

    You could treat it like a pumpkin if you like "sweet", sprinkling on some
    pie spices (nutmeg, etc) and brown sugar. If you don't want "sweet", try
    some ground ginger. We had a thread about squashes not long ago - Wayne
    was
    asking about Butternut squash and there were a lot of ideas given.

    Jill

    Quoted message said:

    Thank you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Kswck wrote:
    > Thank you.

    I've never heard of Ambercup squash. Do you think it's like a
    Buttercup squash? (Similar to Acorn but more orange-and-green
    stripey on the outside and sort of squat like a small pumpkin)?

    Jill


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.