Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Looking for an entry-level road bike under $800

Started by tictactoe · · Last activity · 9 posts · 3,090 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 July 2003
Last activity
4 August 2003
Original author
tictactoe
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,090
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking to buy a new entry-level road bike for under $800, preferably under $600. I've looked at the Giant OCR-3... has anyone had any experience with this bike? Can you suggest any others I should look into? Pros and cons would be great.

    Thanks!!

  2. I live in DALLAS and I am a member of a MTB Club here..We have a Forum site that some of oour club members sometimes list their Road Bikes for sale..
    Go to www.dorba.org and go to th efor sale forum.One person is selling a Giant road bike for around your wanting price.
    Hope this helps?
    Dave

    Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by tictactoe
    I'm looking to buy a new entry-level road bike for under $800, preferably under $600. I've looked at the Giant OCR-3... has anyone had any experience with this bike? Can you suggest any others I should look into? Pros and cons would be great.

    Thanks!!

  3. Thanks for the tip, but since I'm kind of new to this, I would like to be able to check out the fit and feel of the bike before I buy it.

  4. The OCR 3 is a nice bike - I just got one for my wife ($450 at my LBS).

    If you can afford a little more, the Fuji Roubaix (105 + carbon fork 18lbs) is very nice for the money ($799) at my LBS...

    Again, the OCR 3 is a fine bike, you'll be happy with it.

  5. go to performancebike.com and check out their Forte' aluminum model with Shimano 105 components. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. I know that coloradocyclist.com has a 'Douglas' road bike that might fit the bill. I think you stand to find a better road bike(used) on ebay. You may even be able to get an Ultegra drivetrain for that money. Do your homework. I'm sure that Giant would be ok too.

    Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by tictactoe
    Thanks for the tip, but since I'm kind of new to this, I would like to be able to check out the fit and feel of the bike before I buy it.

  6. For the same price, the Devinci Chicane (which I own), has better equipment than the Giant ocr3 and it feels great on the road: mavic cxp 22 rims, tiagra rear derailleur, truvativ elita crank set, formula front hub.

  7. You should have no trouble finding a few different LeMond bikes on eBay. You can test ride a new one at a shop, and then go used via eBay if need be.

  8. Supergo has a Schwinn on sale right now for $699 full 105. Check it out.

  9. Update: I bought a Fuji Newest, Women's. It was on sale from my LBS and was within my budget. I'm excited for it to get here! Thanks for all your input.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.