Looking for the "old" Spenco gloves, not Spenco Ironman gloves

xzzy

Guest
I am looking for the "old" Spenco gel gloves. The padding in the Spenco
Ironman gloves is too stiff.

Thanks

On 2006-11-07, xzzy <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am looking for the "old" Spenco gel gloves. The padding in the Spenco
> Ironman gloves is too stiff.
>
> Thanks

Don't worry about the stiffness. You'll be lucky to get 1000 miles out
of them. I had two pairs fall (one was a free replacement pair) apart at
the 500 mile mark. Maybe my sweat is acidic because the only gloves I've
had that lasted any time at all were the old leather ones with the mesh
backs.

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:15:55 -0700, "xzzy" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I am looking for the "old" Spenco gel gloves. The padding in the Spenco
>Ironman gloves is too stiff.

The "old" Spenco gloves have gone through a couple of iterations over
the years. Spenco first sold the rights to SportsMed. They are now
being manufactured by The Blue Gel Company.

See: http://www.bluegel.net/

They still have the same product numbers as the old Spenco Gloves. The
terry backed gloves are the TL-500, the mesh back are the TL-600.

I've mail ordered from them several times, including a large order of
assorted models and sizes for our bike club. Never had a problem.

Their toll free number is 866-258-3435. Ask for Janet.