Loose skin

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Colin web, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Colin web

    Colin web Guest

    Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the cure .

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Colin web wrote:

    > Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the cure .
    >
    > Thanks

    Time and exercise! Age has a bearing on this too: the younger you are, the easier it is to reduce
    this. Surgery should be a VERY last resort, and really only done if the lose skin does not reduce
    within a 2 year period.

    Try exercise and massage, and give it a few months: if it reduces, keep going with just this. It
    will be slow, so have patience. Some of it may never go entirely.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. welcome to the group, I have no answer for your other issue, Lee
    Colin web <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the
    cure
    > .
    >
    > Thanks

  4. welcome to the group, I have no answer for your other issue, Lee
    Colin web <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the
    cure
    > .
    >
    > Thanks

  5. Saf

    Saf Guest

    This is one of my major concerns.

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:28 -0000, "Colin web" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the cure .
    >
    >Thanks

  6. pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I am
    not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have lost
    about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm sag.
    This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee
    Saf <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This is one of my major concerns.
    >
    > On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:28 -0000, "Colin web" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the
    cure
    > >.
    > >
    > >Thanks

  7. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
    and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM!
    CHECK OUT UNDER YOUR ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat wing
    thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can happen to a 55 year old woman
    who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to give it a year or two and some "iron"

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I am not making light of this
    > but this so depends on the individual, I have
    lost
    > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    sag.
    > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected].com...
    > > This is one of my major concerns.
    > >
    > > On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:28 -0000, "Colin web" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the
    > cure
    > > >.
    > > >
    > > >Thanks

  8. That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy things under my arms too. I
    love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but my arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39,
    so I guess there's hope for me yet!

    Brenda

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
    > and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day
    > "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    YOUR
    > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    wing
    > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    happen
    > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
    give
    > it a year or two and some "iron"
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
    am
    > > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
    > lost
    > > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    > sag.
    > > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > > > This is one of my major concerns.

    > > cure

  9. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Lots of hope, and in the meantime, wear what you want. !!! If someone doesn't like it they can look
    at something else! That is one thing I "got" from my years of just accepting my body, it is NEVER
    going to look like a model, and I don't waste time checking out everyone elses' faults, don't know
    or like anyone who would do that, so what do I care? I wear what I want. I used to never wear
    shorts. In this weather that is very cruel. I wear em now!

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy
    things
    > under my arms too. I love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but my arms aren't the nicest
    > ones to look at. I'm 39, so I guess there's hope
    for
    > me yet!
    >
    > Brenda
    >
    > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
    > > do, and the weightlifting are the things that
    are
    > > helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    > YOUR
    > > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    > wing
    > > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    > happen
    > > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
    > give
    > > it a year or two and some "iron"
    > >
    > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    > > > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
    > am
    > > > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
    > > lost
    > > > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    > > sag.
    > > > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > > message news:[email protected]...

    <[email protected]>

    > the
    > > > cure

  10. This makes me so hopeful, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
    > and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day
    > "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    YOUR
    > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    wing
    > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    happen
    > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
    give
    > it a year or two and some "iron"
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
    am
    > > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
    > lost
    > > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    > sag.
    > > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > > > This is one of my major concerns.

    > > cure

  11. My dad always said, "if you don't like it turn your head and go the other
    way". Probably won't wear shorts at goal but I am weird like that, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Lots of hope, and in the meantime, wear what you want. !!! If someone doesn't like it they can
    > look at something else! That is one thing I
    "got"
    > from my years of just accepting my body, it is NEVER going to look like a model, and I don't waste
    > time checking out everyone elses' faults, don't know or like anyone who would do that, so what do
    > I care? I wear what I want. I used to never wear shorts. In this weather that is very cruel.
    > wear em now!
    >
    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy
    > things
    > > under my arms too. I love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but
    my
    > > arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39, so I guess there's hope
    > for
    > > me yet!
    > >
    > > Brenda
    > >
    > > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
    > > > do, and the weightlifting are the things that
    > are
    > > > helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    > > YOUR
    > > > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    > > wing
    > > > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    > > happen
    > > > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need
    > > give
    > > > it a year or two and some "iron"
    > > >
    > > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > > berlin.de...
    > > am
    > > > lost
    > > > sag.

    > <swee[email protected]>

    Whats
    > > the

  12. It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates and the
    bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:36:54 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
    >and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM!
    >CHECK OUT UNDER YOUR ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat wing
    >thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can happen to a 55 year old woman
    >who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to give it a year or two and some "iron"
    >
    >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >berlin.de...
    >> pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I am not making light of this
    >> but this so depends on the individual, I have
    >lost
    >> about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    >sag.
    >> This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:[email protected]...
    >> > This is one of my major concerns.

    >> cure

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  13. LOL!! You've got me imagining a very strange sight. I know that you're skin won't follow THAT far
    behind you, I've seen your picture!

    Brenda

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates and
    > the bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:36:54 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
    > >do, and the weightlifting are the things that
    are
    > >helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    YOUR
    > >ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    wing
    > >thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    happen
    > >to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
    give
    > >it a year or two and some "iron"
    > >
    > >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >berlin.de...
    > >> pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
    am
    > >> not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
    > >lost
    > >> about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    > >sag.
    > >> This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> message news:[email protected]...

    > >> cure

    > Linda P
    > 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  14. I do wear whatever I want, but I'm still aware of the flabby bits under my arms. It's really not a
    great concern though. I know that if I stay OP and get some exercise, eventually it'll go.

    Brenda

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lots of hope, and in the meantime, wear what you want. !!! If someone doesn't like it they can
    > look at something else! That is one thing I
    "got"
    > from my years of just accepting my body, it is NEVER going to look like a model, and I don't waste
    > time checking out everyone elses' faults, don't know or like anyone who would do that, so what do
    > I care? I wear what I want. I used to never wear shorts. In this weather that is very cruel.
    > wear em now!
    >
    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy
    > things
    > > under my arms too. I love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but
    my
    > > arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39, so I guess there's hope
    > for
    > > me yet!
    > >
    > > Brenda
    > >
    > > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
    > > > do, and the weightlifting are the things that
    > are
    > > > helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    > > YOUR
    > > > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    > > wing
    > > > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    > > happen
    > > > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need
    > > give
    > > > it a year or two and some "iron"
    > > >
    > > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > > berlin.de...
    > > am
    > > > lost
    > > > sag.

    > <[email protected]>

    Whats
    > > the

  15. Sometimes it feels like the backs of my arms arrive 5 minutes later than the rest of me. Or at least
    it takes them that long to stop undulating. That photo indicates Nothing; I was packed under several
    layers of clothing in that Christmas picture.

    But thanks for the thought.

    Linda P

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:33:13 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >LOL!! You've got me imagining a very strange sight. I know that you're skin won't follow THAT far
    >behind you, I've seen your picture!
    >
    >Brenda
    >
    >"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates and
    >> the bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL
    >>
    >> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:36:54 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
    >> >do, and the weightlifting are the things that
    >are
    >> >helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    >YOUR
    >> >ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    >wing
    >> >thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    >happen
    >> >to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
    >give
    >> >it a year or two and some "iron"
    >> >
    >> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> >berlin.de...
    >am
    >> >lost
    >> >sag.

    >the

    >> Linda P
    >> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  16. You're welcome, but it can't be that bad. Dig out those dumbells!

    Brenda

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sometimes it feels like the backs of my arms arrive 5 minutes later than the rest of me. Or at
    > least it takes them that long to stop undulating. That photo indicates Nothing; I was packed under
    > several layers of clothing in that Christmas picture.
    >
    > But thanks for the thought.
    >
    > Linda P
    >
    > On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:33:13 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >LOL!! You've got me imagining a very strange sight. I know that you're skin won't follow THAT far
    > >behind you, I've seen your picture!
    > >
    > >Brenda
    > >
    > >"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates
    > >> and the bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL

    > >are
    > >YOUR
    > >wing
    > >happen
    > >give

    > >am

    Whats
    > >the

    > >> Linda P
    > >> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  17. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    There is definitely hope, Brenda - don't give up! I'm pushing 47 (in a few short months) and just
    noticed today that my *wings* have really decreased in the past few months. I was disgusted with
    them before and figured it was just something I would have to live with. Checked today (due to this
    conversation) and noticed they aren't flapping as much .. could be better, but still not bad. And I
    haven't been weightlifting, not formally. I also noticed that I now have biceps ... hehehee ...
    haven't seen them around for many years.

    Joyce

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:49:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy things under my arms too. I
    >love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but my arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39,
    >so I guess there's hope for me yet!
    >
    >Brenda
    >
    >"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
    >> do, and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day
    >> "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
    >YOUR
    >> ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
    >wing
    >> thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
    >happen
    >> to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
    >give
    >> it a year or two and some "iron"
    >>
    >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> berlin.de...
    >> > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
    >am
    >> > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
    >> lost
    >> > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
    >> sag.
    >> > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> > message news:[email protected]...

    >the
    >> > cure

  18. Mette

    Mette Guest

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > Time and exercise! Age has a bearing on this too: the younger you are,
    the
    > easier it is to reduce this. Surgery should be a VERY last resort, and
    really
    > only done if the lose skin does not reduce within a 2 year period.

    I was under 25 years of age when I lost my 50 lbs, but the skin on my stomach never came close to
    tightness again - probably due to an earlier pregnancy. The same can be said about my breasts. Now,
    It is all Nice and firm, but only because I gained 20..;o)

    I am not really motivated right now, too many things going on but I'l be back come spring:eek:)

  19. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Brenda Hammond wrote:

    > You're welcome, but it can't be that bad. Dig out those dumbells!
    >
    > Brenda

    I find lifting heavy boxes and rolls of fabric, sewing machines, cats, small children, etc
    works well...

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  20. I used to have really nice biceps. I'd done some weight lifting when I was alot younger, I'm hoping
    to get those nice arms back eventually! They really aren't even that bad now.

    Brenda