Loose skin

Colin web

Guest
Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the cure .

Thanks

Colin web wrote:

> Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the cure .
>
> Thanks

Time and exercise! Age has a bearing on this too: the younger you are, the easier it is to reduce
this. Surgery should be a VERY last resort, and really only done if the lose skin does not reduce
within a 2 year period.

Try exercise and massage, and give it a few months: if it reduces, keep going with just this. It
will be slow, so have patience. Some of it may never go entirely.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

This is one of my major concerns.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:28 -0000, "Colin web" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the cure .
>
>Thanks

pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I am
not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have lost
about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm sag.
This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee
Saf <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This is one of my major concerns.
>
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:28 -0000, "Colin web" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the
cure
> >.
> >
> >Thanks

I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM!
CHECK OUT UNDER YOUR ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat wing
thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can happen to a 55 year old woman
who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to give it a year or two and some "iron"

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I am not making light of this
> but this so depends on the individual, I have
lost
> about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
sag.
> This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > This is one of my major concerns.
> >
> > On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:28 -0000, "Colin web" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi I have lost around 15 Kilos and have a lot of loose skin. Whats the
> cure
> > >.
> > >
> > >Thanks

That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy things under my arms too. I
love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but my arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39,
so I guess there's hope for me yet!

Brenda

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
> and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day
> "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
YOUR
> ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
wing
> thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
happen
> to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
give
> it a year or two and some "iron"
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
am
> > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
> lost
> > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
> sag.
> > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > > This is one of my major concerns.

> > cure

Lots of hope, and in the meantime, wear what you want. !!! If someone doesn't like it they can look
at something else! That is one thing I "got" from my years of just accepting my body, it is NEVER
going to look like a model, and I don't waste time checking out everyone elses' faults, don't know
or like anyone who would do that, so what do I care? I wear what I want. I used to never wear
shorts. In this weather that is very cruel. I wear em now!

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy
things
> under my arms too. I love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but my arms aren't the nicest
> ones to look at. I'm 39, so I guess there's hope
for
> me yet!
>
> Brenda
>
> "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
> > do, and the weightlifting are the things that
are
> > helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
> YOUR
> > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
> wing
> > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
> happen
> > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
> give
> > it a year or two and some "iron"
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
> am
> > > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
> > lost
> > > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
> > sag.
> > > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]...

<[email protected]>

> the
> > > cure

This makes me so hopeful, Lee
Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
> and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day
> "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
YOUR
> ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
wing
> thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
happen
> to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
give
> it a year or two and some "iron"
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
am
> > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
> lost
> > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
> sag.
> > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > > This is one of my major concerns.

> > cure

My dad always said, "if you don't like it turn your head and go the other
way". Probably won't wear shorts at goal but I am weird like that, Lee
Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lots of hope, and in the meantime, wear what you want. !!! If someone doesn't like it they can
> look at something else! That is one thing I
"got"
> from my years of just accepting my body, it is NEVER going to look like a model, and I don't waste
> time checking out everyone elses' faults, don't know or like anyone who would do that, so what do
> I care? I wear what I want. I used to never wear shorts. In this weather that is very cruel.
> wear em now!
>
> "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy
> things
> > under my arms too. I love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but
my
> > arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39, so I guess there's hope
> for
> > me yet!
> >
> > Brenda
> >
> > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
> > > do, and the weightlifting are the things that
> are
> > > helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
> > YOUR
> > > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
> > wing
> > > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
> > happen
> > > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need
> > give
> > > it a year or two and some "iron"
> > >
> > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > > berlin.de...
> > am
> > > lost
> > > sag.

> <[email protected]>

Whats
> > the

It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates and the
bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:36:54 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I do,
>and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM!
>CHECK OUT UNDER YOUR ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat wing
>thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can happen to a 55 year old woman
>who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to give it a year or two and some "iron"
>
>"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>berlin.de...
>> pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I am not making light of this
>> but this so depends on the individual, I have
>lost
>> about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
>sag.
>> This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]...
>> > This is one of my major concerns.

>> cure

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

LOL!! You've got me imagining a very strange sight. I know that you're skin won't follow THAT far
behind you, I've seen your picture!

Brenda

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates and
> the bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL
>
> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:36:54 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
> >do, and the weightlifting are the things that
are
> >helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
YOUR
> >ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
wing
> >thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
happen
> >to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
give
> >it a year or two and some "iron"
> >
> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >berlin.de...
> >> pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
am
> >> not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
> >lost
> >> about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
> >sag.
> >> This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> message news:[email protected]...

> >> cure

> Linda P
> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I do wear whatever I want, but I'm still aware of the flabby bits under my arms. It's really not a
great concern though. I know that if I stay OP and get some exercise, eventually it'll go.

Brenda

"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Lots of hope, and in the meantime, wear what you want. !!! If someone doesn't like it they can
> look at something else! That is one thing I
"got"
> from my years of just accepting my body, it is NEVER going to look like a model, and I don't waste
> time checking out everyone elses' faults, don't know or like anyone who would do that, so what do
> I care? I wear what I want. I used to never wear shorts. In this weather that is very cruel.
> wear em now!
>
> "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy
> things
> > under my arms too. I love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but
my
> > arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39, so I guess there's hope
> for
> > me yet!
> >
> > Brenda
> >
> > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
> > > do, and the weightlifting are the things that
> are
> > > helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
> > YOUR
> > > ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
> > wing
> > > thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
> > happen
> > > to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need
> > give
> > > it a year or two and some "iron"
> > >
> > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > > berlin.de...
> > am
> > > lost
> > > sag.

> <[email protected]>

Whats
> > the

Sometimes it feels like the backs of my arms arrive 5 minutes later than the rest of me. Or at least
it takes them that long to stop undulating. That photo indicates Nothing; I was packed under several
layers of clothing in that Christmas picture.

But thanks for the thought.

Linda P

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:33:13 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>LOL!! You've got me imagining a very strange sight. I know that you're skin won't follow THAT far
>behind you, I've seen your picture!
>
>Brenda
>
>"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates and
>> the bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL
>>
>> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:36:54 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
>> >do, and the weightlifting are the things that
>are
>> >helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
>YOUR
>> >ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
>wing
>> >thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
>happen
>> >to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
>give
>> >it a year or two and some "iron"
>> >
>> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >berlin.de...
>am
>> >lost
>> >sag.

>the

>> Linda P
>> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

You're welcome, but it can't be that bad. Dig out those dumbells!

Brenda

"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sometimes it feels like the backs of my arms arrive 5 minutes later than the rest of me. Or at
> least it takes them that long to stop undulating. That photo indicates Nothing; I was packed under
> several layers of clothing in that Christmas picture.
>
> But thanks for the thought.
>
> Linda P
>
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:33:13 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >LOL!! You've got me imagining a very strange sight. I know that you're skin won't follow THAT far
> >behind you, I've seen your picture!
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> It's the hope that this will happen to me that got me to pick up the weights and the pilates
> >> and the bike and the cardio tapes. I don't want my skin following behind me everywhere. LOL

> >are
> >YOUR
> >wing
> >happen
> >give

> >am

<[email protected]>

Whats
> >the

> >> Linda P
> >> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

There is definitely hope, Brenda - don't give up! I'm pushing 47 (in a few short months) and just
noticed today that my *wings* have really decreased in the past few months. I was disgusted with
them before and figured it was just something I would have to live with. Checked today (due to this
conversation) and noticed they aren't flapping as much .. could be better, but still not bad. And I
haven't been weightlifting, not formally. I also noticed that I now have biceps ... hehehee ...
haven't seen them around for many years.

Joyce

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:49:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That's so great Lesanne! I have been worrying about the floppy hangy things under my arms too. I
>love to wear shirts/dresses with no sleeves, but my arms aren't the nicest ones to look at. I'm 39,
>so I guess there's hope for me yet!
>
>Brenda
>
>"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I have to pop in here to say, that my skin still is changing. I think drinking all the water I
>> do, and the weightlifting are the things that are helping the most. My DD mentioned the other day
>> "MOM! CHECK OUT UNDER
>YOUR
>> ARM THERE!?" and I looked, and what used to be a very floppy hangy bat
>wing
>> thing has shrank up to a Smallish floppy bat wing thing. If this can
>happen
>> to a 55 year old woman who has lost 208 pounds, you young folks need to
>give
>> it a year or two and some "iron"
>>
>> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> berlin.de...
>> > pretty much in this order, time, exercise, time, and oh yeah, time, I
>am
>> > not making light of this but this so depends on the individual, I have
>> lost
>> > about 86 pounds and am just now showing a bit of "turkey" neck and arm
>> sag.
>> > This could be avoided if I exercised. Lee Saf <[email protected]> wrote in
>> > message news:[email protected]...

>the
>> > cure

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> Time and exercise! Age has a bearing on this too: the younger you are,
the
> easier it is to reduce this. Surgery should be a VERY last resort, and
really
> only done if the lose skin does not reduce within a 2 year period.

I was under 25 years of age when I lost my 50 lbs, but the skin on my stomach never came close to
tightness again - probably due to an earlier pregnancy. The same can be said about my breasts. Now,
It is all Nice and firm, but only because I gained 20..;o)

I am not really motivated right now, too many things going on but I'l be back come spring:eek:)

Brenda Hammond wrote:

> You're welcome, but it can't be that bad. Dig out those dumbells!
>
> Brenda

I find lifting heavy boxes and rolls of fabric, sewing machines, cats, small children, etc
works well...

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I used to have really nice biceps. I'd done some weight lifting when I was alot younger, I'm hoping
to get those nice arms back eventually! They really aren't even that bad now.

Brenda