Lots of cyclists in disguise

Ekul Namsob

Guest
For the first time since I can remember, and possibly ever, I cycled
almost 60 miles this morning. (OK, it was only 57.1 miles.)
<http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Preston-to-Pilling-Lancashire-Cycl
eway>

I might even have gone further had my left STI lever not come adrift
outside Pilling, requiring me to head back for repairs. According to
Cicerone's guide to the Lancashire Cycleway, the world around Pilling is
completely flat, without the slightest undulation. I can report that
this is wrong as there was a definite rise, of perhaps two or three
feet, on the road there.

In all that distance, I was dangerously overtaken once. The driver in
question was exceedingly apologetic, having not realised quite how long
his caravan actually was.

Fortunately, and to my relief, the lever needed no more than tightening
to the handlebar. Also to my relief the good people at Ribble Cycles had
difficulty finding a sufficiently long tool to do the job: I would have
felt rather a muppet if I had cycled twenty-five miles on the wrong ring
for the sake of a 30 second repair.

I would recommend that David Chase try his cycling round here. It's
good.

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United

Duncan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 9:35 pm, [email protected] (Ekul
> Namsob) wrote:
> > For the first time since I can remember, and possibly ever, I cycled
> > almost 60 miles this morning. (OK, it was only 57.1 miles.)
> > <http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Preston-to-Pilling-Lancashire-Cycl
> > eway>
> >

> Good for you! Now you're in a perfect position to be able to write up
> a 100M+ ride-report before the summer's out. I shall look forward to
> reading it.

I look forward to doing it. I plan to complete the Lancashire Cycleway,
probably in four stages. I then might take up Audax.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>