General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

low calorie adora potato

Started by David Frank · · Last activity · 6 posts · 444 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 February 2006
Last activity
28 February 2006
Original author
David Frank
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
444
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone found this potato in their local market, if so at what premium
    price?

    5 oz adora = 87 calories
    5 os idaho = 117 calories

  2. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to eat half a potato?

    TC

    David Frank said:

    Anyone found this potato in their local market, if so at what premium
    price?

    5 oz adora = 87 calories
    5 os idaho = 117 calories

  3. "jbuch" <jbuch@CUT_HERE.revealed.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Four growers in Britain are to plant the potatoes this spring and the crop
    will be on sale before the summer. Dieters desperate for a potato,
    however, can already find the slimline variety at an Essex farm shop.

    This is a story from last year - I know because that farm shop is just down
    the road from me : ) The potatoes disappeared immediately that article came
    out early last year, and I haven't seen them since.

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
    1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
    95/74/72Kg

  4. Roger Zoul said:

    1) I thought LC was dead....

    2) I don't miss potatos at all. If I'm going off plan for some reason, I'm
    not sure I'd pick a potato...but others may see it differently. I guess it
    would be suitable as a carb up for a long ride, but still not my 1st choice.
    Hmm....for that purposed I'd want a normal potato, or a yam.

    I miss Checkers French Fries.

    Checkers is a fast food place, perhaps National in scope. They appear to
    advertise themselves as the official NASCAR fast food.

    There must perhaps be no higher possible sanction...

    There is a orangeish like oily crunchy crust with good salt taste and
    after taste over a tender inside.

    I voluntarily had them once since I low carbed. They were "forced upon
    me" the last time I had them.

    They forced them on me by including them in my burger bag... at no extra
    cost. Man, were they great ! !

    I needed the fat that day, for dear Dr. Bob Atkins, and I didn't
    complain about their forcing me to eat this unordered food. :-) I biked
    and extra mile pretty fast, and surely that was enough to consume this
    forced treat.

    I am hoping that someday soon, they will again force me to eat those
    fries. But no luck so far.

    -------------------------

    I agree with you. Ordinary potatos aren't my choice for breaking low
    carb. Even at 1/3 less starch, ordinary potatos just aren't tasty enough.

    --
    1) Eat Till SATISFIED, Not STUFFED... Atkins repeated 9 times in the book
    2) Exercise: It's Non-Negotiable..... Chapter 22 title, Atkins book
    3) Don't Diet Without Supplimental Nutrients... Chapter 23 title, Atkins
    book
    4) A sensible eating plan, and follow it. (Atkins, Self Made or Other)

  5. Quoted message said:

    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to eat half a potato?

    TC

    David Frank said:

    Anyone found this potato in their local market, if so at what premium
    price?

    5 oz adora = 87 calories
    5 os idaho = 117 calories

    When Daylight Savings Time was first debated, it was common for
    opponents to claim that if people wanted extra daylight, why didn't they
    just get up an hour earlier and have it for themselves.

    --
    1) Eat Till SATISFIED, Not STUFFED... Atkins repeated 9 times in the book
    2) Exercise: It's Non-Negotiable..... Chapter 22 title, Atkins book
    3) Don't Diet Without Supplimental Nutrients... Chapter 23 title, Atkins
    book
    4) A sensible eating plan, and follow it. (Atkins, Self Made or Other)

  6. david?
    why aren't you in the ALT.SUPPORT DIET group?
    they do a lot of calorie counting there!

    --

    have a good one!
    http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdog3kk.jpg

    "David Frank" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone found this potato in their local market, if so at what premium
    price?

    5 oz adora = 87 calories
    5 os idaho = 117 calories

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.