General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Low Carb Baking?

Started by Gregory W. Ernest · · Last activity · 90 posts · 2,356 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 August 2004
Last activity
4 August 2004
Original author
Gregory W. Ernest
Posts
90
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,356
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81–90 of 90
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "jamie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    JC Der Koenig said:

    You remain fat and stupid until proven otherwise.

    You're crabby and malnourished. Butch up and eat your [censored]
    vegetables.

    I'm bulking at the moment, so I'm not malnourished.

  2. Everything is to be eaten in limited amounts. The limits may be different
    for different foods, but I don't see any limits on carb containing foods
    other than the total carbs limits. Pickles are acidic too, are they in some
    special category? I don't see tomatoes in the index of DANDR and skimming
    through I don't see any discussion of how they are digested, perhaps you
    cold point me to the correct page.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Gunnloth <[email hidden]> stated
    | I'll accept that, but he talks about LIMITED amounts doesn't he?
    | Tomatoes are extremely acidic in contrast to the other listed foods.
    | Yes, they are allowed during induction, but read more on how the body
    | digests them.
    |
    | "jamie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || Gunnloth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ||| Atkins can explain it better than I can.
    ||
    || He sure can, 'cuz you don't know what you're talking about.
    || Tomatoes are on the Induction list, in the same group as
    || spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc.
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ||| news:[email hidden]...
    |||| I thought all carbs were broken down by the body into the same
    |||| usable state. Maybe not at the same speed, that's what the
    |||| glycemic index is about as I understand it, but 5 g carb is
    |||| unlikely to kill anyone's diet.
    ||||
    |||| In news:[email hidden],
    |||| Gunnloth <[email hidden]> stated
    ||||| It is how the body breaks down the tomato for use. A tomato is
    ||||| broken down as sugar.
    |||||
    ||||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ||||| news:[email hidden]...
    |||||| ????? I don't understand your point. Processes what?
    ||||||
    ||||
    ||||
    |||
    |||
    ||
    ||
    || --
    || jamie ([email hidden])
    ||
    || "There's a seeker born every minute."

  3. "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Everything is to be eaten in limited amounts. The limits may be different
    for different foods, but I don't see any limits on carb containing foods
    other than the total carbs limits. Pickles are acidic too, are they in


    some

    Quoted message said:

    special category? I don't see tomatoes in the index of DANDR and skimming
    through I don't see any discussion of how they are digested, perhaps you
    cold point me to the correct page.

    It could have been one of the other low carb authors I've read too. In
    March I started to research low carb materials from several different
    authors and after a while some of the information kinda merges together.
    I'm sure you can relate. ;/ I could have gotten it from Bernstien, Sears
    or another other author. Maybe it was Bernstien? Anyway, one of the low
    carb authors had data to back up that a tomato converts to sugar. Tomatoes
    are a personal favorite, but only when they are in season. I tested blood
    sugar levels when I was learning what I could eat and what I couldn't eat
    and my sugars always went up after I ate tomato. I still eat them, but not
    as often as I'd like to.

  4. jamie said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Gunnloth said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > tomatoes are fruits.

    Not according to the government regs.

    so what? that doesn't make them vegetables.

    Atkins and atkins.com call them vegetables. ;-)

    but they're wrong! waaaaaaaaaaaah!

  5. jamie said:
    JC Der Koenig said:

    You remain fat and stupid until proven otherwise.

    You're crabby and malnourished. Butch up and eat your [censored]
    vegetables.

    hee!

  6. "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jamie said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:

    Gunnloth <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    > > tomatoes are fruits.
    >
    > Not according to the government regs.

    so what? that doesn't make them vegetables.

    Atkins and atkins.com call them vegetables. ;-)

    but they're wrong! waaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Comforts Queen. Here, have a couple of movie passes.

    Regards,
    Gunn

  7. On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:20:38 GMT, [email hidden] (The Queen of Cans

    and Jars) said:
    jamie said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:

    Gunnloth <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    > > tomatoes are fruits.
    >
    > Not according to the government regs.

    so what? that doesn't make them vegetables.

    Atkins and atkins.com call them vegetables. ;-)

    but they're wrong! waaaaaaaaaaaah!

    ROFLMAO!

    Tomato is a fruit that is treated as a vegetable, and rhubarb is a
    vegetable that's treated as a fruit. It is truly a zany world in which we
    live.

    Carol
    --
    227/211/150 (Thursdays)
    Fasting BG: 136 (not really fasting - up all night munching Tums)
    Bernstein Diabetes Solution 5/25/2004
    Diabetes Dx 5/15/2001
    http://photos.yahoo.com/carol_arie

  8. Gunnloth said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jamie said:

    The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > Gunnloth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    >> > tomatoes are fruits.
    >>
    >> Not according to the government regs.
    >
    > so what? that doesn't make them vegetables.

    Atkins and atkins.com call them vegetables. ;-)

    but they're wrong! waaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Comforts Queen. Here, have a couple of movie passes.

    every idiot in the world can *call* them vegetables if they don't mind
    being wrong, and they are in fact classified as such by the government
    for trade purposes.

    but tomatoes are not, and never will be, vegetables.

  9. "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Gunnloth said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    jamie <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > > Gunnloth <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email hidden]> wrote in


    message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >> > tomatoes are fruits.
    > >>
    > >> Not according to the government regs.
    > >
    > > so what? that doesn't make them vegetables.
    >
    > Atkins and atkins.com call them vegetables. ;-)

    but they're wrong! waaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Comforts Queen. Here, have a couple of movie passes.

    every idiot in the world can *call* them vegetables if they don't mind
    being wrong, and they are in fact classified as such by the government
    for trade purposes.

    but tomatoes are not, and never will be, vegetables.

    I think the only reason they are veggies is because the conservatives wanted
    to be able to call ketchup a vegetable on the school lunch programs and day
    care meals. We live in strange times.

    Gunn

  10. Could I have a few of those marbles please? Lo-Carb would be nice if
    have some to spare.
    Faye

    "Yea tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Fatdom, I fear
    not...'cuz I got a pic of Atkins in my pocket."
    LC since 6/1/04 150/143/110

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.