General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Low carb snack bar ratings

Started by Doug Lerner · · Last activity · 49 posts · 1,250 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 December 2004
Last activity
14 December 2004
Original author
Doug Lerner
Posts
49
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,250
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 49
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only eaten two
    so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":

    Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    Atkins chocolate decadence blah!

    More to come. 🙂

    doug

  2. "Ignoramus23449" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    products are not helping you make it any easier.

    i

    I need a chocoate fix now and again, and a sugar free chocolate whatever
    does the trick for me.

    --
    JK Sinrod
    Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
    http://www.sinrodstudios.com/
    Coney Island Memories
    www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories/

  3. JK,

    Doug has posted repeatedly about how he crashes off the diet every time he
    gets going.

    While sugar alcohols work for you, for me they raise blood sugar and cause
    hunger cravings way out of proportion to their carb count.

    So they probably aren't ideal for someone struggling to get into a low carb
    mode.

    -- Jenny - Low Carbing for 5 years. Below goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes,
    hba1c 5.7 .
    Cut the carbs to respond to my email address!

    Jenny's new site: What they Don't Tell You About Diabetes
    http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/

    Jenny's Low Carb Diet Facts & Figures
    http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

    Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
    Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly%20Diagnosed.htm

    "JK@work" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:Ob0ud.1922$pZ5.645@trndny06...

    Quoted message said:


    "Ignoramus23449" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    products are not helping you make it any easier.

    i

    I need a chocoate fix now and again, and a sugar free chocolate


    whatever

    Quoted message said:

    does the trick for me.

    --
    JK Sinrod
    Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
    http://www.sinrodstudios.com/
    Coney Island Memories
    www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories/

  4. You don't know that. If a bar keeps you from eating something truly carby
    it can be a help.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Ignoramus23449 <[email hidden]> stated
    | Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    | products are not helping you make it any easier.
    |
    | i
    |
    | On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:29:28 +0900, Doug Lerner <[email hidden]>
    | wrote:
    || My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only eaten
    || two so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":
    ||
    || Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    || Atkins chocolate decadence blah!
    ||
    || More to come. 🙂
    ||
    || doug

  5. For you they do, but not for everyone.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Jenny <[email hidden]> stated
    | JK,
    |
    | Doug has posted repeatedly about how he crashes off the diet every
    | time he gets going.
    |
    | While sugar alcohols work for you, for me they raise blood sugar and
    | cause hunger cravings way out of proportion to their carb count.
    |
    | So they probably aren't ideal for someone struggling to get into a
    | low carb mode.
    |
    | -- Jenny - Low Carbing for 5 years. Below goal for weight. Type 2
    | diabetes, hba1c 5.7 .
    | Cut the carbs to respond to my email address!
    |
    | Jenny's new site: What they Don't Tell You About Diabetes
    | http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/
    |
    | Jenny's Low Carb Diet Facts & Figures
    | http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/
    |
    | Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
    | Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly%20Diagnosed.htm
    |
    |
    | "JK@work" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:Ob0ud.1922$pZ5.645@trndny06...
    ||
    || "Ignoramus23449" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    || message news:[email hidden]...
    ||| Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    ||| products are not helping you make it any easier.
    |||
    ||| i
    |||
    ||
    || I need a chocoate fix now and again, and a sugar free chocolate
    || whatever does the trick for me.
    ||
    || --
    || JK Sinrod
    || Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
    || http://www.sinrodstudios.com/
    || Coney Island Memories
    || www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories/

  6. That's why you've been so successful with losing weight?

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You don't know that. If a bar keeps you from eating something truly carby
    it can be a help.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Ignoramus23449 <[email hidden]> stated
    | Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    | products are not helping you make it any easier.
    |
    | i
    |
    | On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:29:28 +0900, Doug Lerner <[email hidden]>
    | wrote:
    || My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only eaten
    || two so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":
    ||
    || Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    || Atkins chocolate decadence blah!
    ||
    || More to come. 🙂
    ||
    || doug

  7. Yep.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | That's why you've been so successful with losing weight?
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || You don't know that. If a bar keeps you from eating something truly
    || carby it can be a help.
    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || Ignoramus23449 <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    ||| products are not helping you make it any easier.
    |||
    ||| i
    |||
    ||| On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:29:28 +0900, Doug Lerner <[email hidden]>
    ||| wrote:
    |||| My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only eaten
    |||| two so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":
    ||||
    |||| Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    |||| Atkins chocolate decadence blah!
    ||||
    |||| More to come. 🙂
    ||||
    |||| doug

  8. Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yep.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | That's why you've been so successful with losing weight?
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || You don't know that. If a bar keeps you from eating something truly
    || carby it can be a help.
    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || Ignoramus23449 <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    ||| products are not helping you make it any easier.
    |||
    ||| i
    |||
    ||| On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:29:28 +0900, Doug Lerner <[email hidden]>
    ||| wrote:
    |||| My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only eaten
    |||| two so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":
    ||||
    |||| Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    |||| Atkins chocolate decadence blah!
    ||||
    |||| More to come. 🙂
    ||||
    |||| doug

  9. Well, I haven't had any in over 6 months, and just 2 in the last week....

    They don't even sell them here.

    Besides, the smaller ones are just 120 calories each. If you watch
    calories and take them into account and they help curb your appetite,
    isn't that a good thing?

    doug

    Ignoramus23449 said:

    Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    products are not helping you make it any easier.

    i

    Doug Lerner said:

    My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only eaten two
    so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":

    Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    Atkins chocolate decadence blah!

    More to come. 🙂

    doug

  10. Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't consider myself
    dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that success. I
    continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I am very
    happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with that?

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.
    |

  11. Losing 60 pounds when you start with 350, is hardly a resounding success.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't consider
    myself
    dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that success.
    I
    continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I am very
    happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with that?

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.
    |

  12. I didn't start with 350, I started with 290. It's success as I define it
    which is what is important. I don't give squat about your idea of what
    success would be for me.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | Losing 60 pounds when you start with 350, is hardly a resounding
    | success.
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't consider
    || myself
    || dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that
    || success. I
    || continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I am
    || very happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with that?
    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.

  13. You seem to be rather defensive.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't start with 350, I started with 290. It's success as I define it
    which is what is important. I don't give squat about your idea of what
    success would be for me.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | Losing 60 pounds when you start with 350, is hardly a resounding
    | success.
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't consider
    || myself
    || dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that
    || success. I
    || continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I am
    || very happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with that?
    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.

  14. Doug Lerner wrote:
    || Well, I haven't had any in over 6 months, and just 2 in the last
    || week....
    ||
    || They don't even sell them here.
    ||
    || Besides, the smaller ones are just 120 calories each. If you watch
    || calories and take them into account and they help curb your appetite,
    || isn't that a good thing?

    It's just that you seem to have been having a hard time lately.

    ||
    || doug
    ||
    ||
    || Ignoramus23449 wrote:
    ||| Doug, I heard you complain how hard it is to lose weight. These
    ||| products are not helping you make it any easier.
    |||
    ||| i
    |||
    ||| On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:29:28 +0900, Doug Lerner <[email hidden]>
    ||| wrote:
    |||
    |||| My sister sent me a package of low-carb snack bars. I've only
    |||| eaten two so far. Here are my ratings, from "blah!" to "*****":
    ||||
    |||| Atkins chocolate mint patties *****
    |||| Atkins chocolate decadence blah!
    ||||
    |||| More to come. 🙂
    ||||
    |||| doug

  15. You seem to be rather attackive.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | You seem to be rather defensive.
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || I didn't start with 350, I started with 290. It's success as I
    || define it which is what is important. I don't give squat about your
    || idea of what success would be for me.
    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| Losing 60 pounds when you start with 350, is hardly a resounding
    ||| success.
    |||
    |||
    ||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ||| news:[email hidden]...
    |||| Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't
    |||| consider myself
    |||| dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that
    |||| success. I
    |||| continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I am
    |||| very happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with that?
    ||||
    |||| In news:[email hidden],
    |||| JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||||| Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.

  16. FOB wrote:
    || You seem to be rather attackive.

    🙂

    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| You seem to be rather defensive.
    |||
    |||
    ||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ||| news:[email hidden]...
    |||| I didn't start with 350, I started with 290. It's success as I
    |||| define it which is what is important. I don't give squat about
    |||| your idea of what success would be for me.
    ||||
    |||| In news:[email hidden],
    |||| JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||||| Losing 60 pounds when you start with 350, is hardly a resounding
    ||||| success.
    |||||
    |||||
    ||||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ||||| news:[email hidden]...
    |||||| Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't
    |||||| consider myself
    |||||| dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that
    |||||| success. I
    |||||| continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I
    |||||| am very happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with
    |||||| that?
    ||||||
    |||||| In news:[email hidden],
    |||||| JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||||||| Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.

  17. Your local community college offers courses in English as a Second Language.

    HTH

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You seem to be rather attackive.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | You seem to be rather defensive.
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || I didn't start with 350, I started with 290. It's success as I
    || define it which is what is important. I don't give squat about your
    || idea of what success would be for me.
    ||
    || In news:[email hidden],
    || JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||| Losing 60 pounds when you start with 350, is hardly a resounding
    ||| success.
    |||
    |||
    ||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ||| news:[email hidden]...
    |||| Well, I have lost 60 pounds just by eating low carb, I don't
    |||| consider myself
    |||| dieting, just staying away from carby stuff. I would call that
    |||| success. I
    |||| continue to lose slowly and feel better than I did before LC. I am
    |||| very happy with LC and with my life. Is there a problem with that?
    ||||
    |||| In news:[email hidden],
    |||| JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    ||||| Let's see some uplifting testimonial proof.

  18. But I've already had 10 courses in Creative Writing.

    In news:[email hidden],
    JC Der Koenig <[email hidden]> stated
    | Your local community college offers courses in English as a Second
    | Language.
    |
    | HTH
    |
    |
    | "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    | news:[email hidden]...
    || You seem to be rather attackive.
    ||

  19. FOB said:

    You don't know that. If a bar keeps you from eating something truly carby
    it can be a help.

    I think that they key is moderation. Now, whether that means one bar a
    day or one a week or one a month for you is going to vary from person to
    person depending on their particular good triggers, metabolism, etc.

    --
    jmk in NC

  20. "Jenny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    JK,

    Doug has posted repeatedly about how he crashes off the diet every time he
    gets going.

    While sugar alcohols work for you, for me they raise blood sugar and cause
    hunger cravings way out of proportion to their carb count.

    So they probably aren't ideal for someone struggling to get into a low


    carb

    Quoted message said:

    mode.

    -- Jenny -

    Jenny I only said what works for me when I want a chocoate treat. Sugar
    alcohols do not work for me, as you said. They give me a belly ache and
    diahrea if I eat more than a small piece. The sugar free chocolate does the
    trick every now and again. I never advised anyone to copy me.

    --
    JK Sinrod
    Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
    http://www.sinrodstudios.com/
    Coney Island Memories
    www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.