There's not much choice when it comes to 102mm cranks. 'Schlumpf ' (http://www.schlumpfinnovations.com)make some very nice aluminium ones. Square taper Qu-ax cranks are nice and light with low q-factor, but shortest they come is 114mm.
There's not much choice when it comes to 102mm cranks. 'Schlumpf ' (http://www.schlumpfinnovations.com)make some very nice aluminium ones. Square taper Qu-ax cranks are nice and light with low q-factor, but shortest they come is 114mm.
My 114 Schlumpfs are really light and sexy but they do have a bit of a Q-factor to them. Usually when I want to go fast I ditch them for the low-Q but very heavy Bicycle Euros.
-- GizmoDuck
'The SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)...Give in to your SINZ, join us down under! 'The Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)....An Adventure of Epic Proportions The Monguni Tour 2008....catchy slogan pending The Unifice 2009....Fire & Ice, One-Wheel Sacrifice The SISININZ Unitour 2010....How to get a sore butt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55122
I use those for hockey and the q-factor does take some getting used to. I bought them as I had the problem of hitting my ankle bone on the cranks and pedal striking the floor. I can ride faster with my straight 110 Bicycle Euros but I've had to sacrifice speed as I don't like bloody ankles and I come off enough when playing hockey as it is.
I'm accustomed to them now but they're not for everyone. Mind you I might try some shorter as I've started to pedal strike 102's now on tight turns.
If you say what they're for that would help some, these 'standard steel cranks' (http://tinyurl.com/ycao4l) are pretty good for most use. Low Q, short, light isn't an easy combination, your best try would be United cranks or those I posted.
The Q on my Koxx cranks looks pretty big, I've got the 80mm cranks so the Q factor would look bigger than on a large crank. I have no trouble with the width running them on my coker with a 127mm hub.