Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Luc Viau Bicycle Accident

Started by Jkeenan · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,576 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
27 February 2003
Last activity
9 March 2003
Original author
Jkeenan
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,576
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?

    thanks

    Joe

  2. No Joe I don't, but if you find out something, please post ASAP. Luc and me go back a long time. He
    works on my computer and we have cycled together a lot. I've been trying to get a hold of him
    lately, and your post may be the reason why, he hasn't responded. EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl.
    (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "JKeenan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?

    thanks

    Joe

  3. "JKeenan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?

    thanks

    Joe

    Per Jim Solanick:

    "Luc Viau is dealing with a very serious accident on Tuesday Feb. 25. He was struck by a Waste
    Management truck on his way to work. He sustained two broken legs and a broken collarbone among
    other less serious injuries. If you know Luc, he rode 35000 miles last year I believe and won the
    UMCA mileage overall title. He is in the intensive care area of DelRay Medical Center but I do not
    know the phone number."

  4. [email hidden] (James) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "JKeenan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?

    thanks

    Joe

    Per Jim Solanick:

    "Luc Viau is dealing with a very serious accident on Tuesday Feb. 25. He was struck by a Waste
    Management truck on his way to work. He sustained two broken legs and a broken collarbone among
    other less serious injuries. If you know Luc, he rode 35000 miles last year I believe and won the
    UMCA mileage overall title. He is in the intensive care area of DelRay Medical Center but I do not
    know the phone number."

    delraymedicalctr.comdefault.asp

    Email him through their Patient EMail service on the website.

  5. [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (James) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "JKeenan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?

    thanks

    Joe

    Per Jim Solanick:

    "Luc Viau is dealing with a very serious accident on Tuesday Feb. 25. He was struck by a Waste
    Management truck on his way to work. He sustained two broken legs and a broken collarbone among
    other less serious injuries. If you know Luc, he rode 35000 miles last year I believe and won
    the UMCA mileage overall title. He is in the intensive care area of DelRay Medical Center but I
    do not know the phone number."

    delraymedicalctr.comdefault.asp

    Email him through their Patient EMail service on the website.

    Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the WPBBC
    Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out on the road
    and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side of the road. He
    said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first century I said its not
    over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100 miles. He had been fighting a
    tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I drove up the road 5 miles and
    waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of the road cheering him on. I then
    drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to cheering as he went by. One more five mile
    jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took the sag wagon sign off of the truck and signed it
    as his Official Certificate of Completion. It was pretty cool to have been a part of his first
    century. I never would have guessed he would have ridden so many miles since. I wonder if he still
    has that "certificate"

    GET WELL SOON LUC.....

    Peter Spirito

    Peter M Spirito

  6. Peter knowing ole Luc like I do, I bet he does still have that certificate and it's probably hanging
    on his wall somewhere! I met him originally at Motorola (1997) and he was close to, if not over 300
    lbs, with a stomach that hung completely over his belt. He did the Stark ride event, that same year
    and was humiliated that an ole geezer (Me) on a recumbent no less, spanked him pretty good at the
    event. He had a rather in-expensive Mountain bike and I had a $3000.00 recumbent. He then GOT ZONED
    IN AND FOCUSED COMPLETELY into cycling and has put more miles in 1 recent year, than I have in 10
    years! In recent encounters with him, that spanking CHANGED and I got put into my place, period! (I
    have never been SO HAPPY AND PROUD to get my recumbo butt kicked by such a Great person! - Who also
    nursed my computer back to health on many occasions) Luc is one of the most safe riding cyclist I
    know. He clearly rides SMART AND HAS SAFE AWARENESS AROUND HIM AT ALL TIMES. I don't know the
    specifics, BUT I'm willing to bet, the fault of this terrible accident, dose not lie on him. I sent
    the hospital an e-mail addressed to him and I'm hoping to find out if he can have any visitors yet
    and if so, what the hours are. I plan to go see and harass my GOOD Friend, ASAP!!! EZ Biker :-)
    Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Peter M Spirito" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the WPBBC
    Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out on the road
    and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side of the road. He
    said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first century I said its not
    over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100 miles. He had been fighting a
    tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I drove up the road 5 miles and
    waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of the road cheering him on. I then
    drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to cheering as he went by. One more five mile
    jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took the sag wagon sign off of the truck and signed it
    as his Official Certificate of Completion. It was pretty cool to have been a part of his first
    century. I never would have guessed he would have ridden so many miles since. I wonder if he still
    has that "certificate"

    GET WELL SOON LUC.....

    Peter Spirito

    Peter M Spirito

  7. Boy do I remember that mountain bike..After Luc got into the van we loaded up his bike. It must have
    weighed 100 pounds and had these big knobby tires.

    I heard from another sag driver that during the ride Luc's legs were cramping so bad he would stop
    at convience stores along the route and buy a bag of ice and stuff his shorts with the ice to
    relieve the cramping pain.

    Luc is somewhat of a hero to me in that I had never ridden a century in all of my years on a bike.
    And I was secretely embarrassed about
    it....If Luc could do it then I could do it.......And I did.......And I will be doing the 7 day Bike
    Florida next weekend.

    Give Luc my best....

    "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<rHf8a.280859$SD6.13916@sccrnsc03>...

    Quoted message said:

    Peter knowing ole Luc like I do, I bet he does still have that certificate and it's probably
    hanging on his wall somewhere! I met him originally at Motorola (1997) and he was close to, if not
    over 300 lbs, with a stomach that hung completely over his belt. He did the Stark ride event, that
    same year and was humiliated that an ole geezer (Me) on a recumbent no less, spanked him pretty
    good at the event. He had a rather in-expensive Mountain bike and I had a $3000.00 recumbent. He
    then GOT ZONED IN AND FOCUSED COMPLETELY into cycling and has put more miles in 1 recent year,
    than I have in 10 years! In recent encounters with him, that spanking CHANGED and I got put into
    my place, period! (I have never been SO HAPPY AND PROUD to get my recumbo butt kicked by such a
    Great person! - Who also nursed my computer back to health on many occasions) Luc is one of the
    most safe riding cyclist I know. He clearly rides SMART AND HAS SAFE AWARENESS AROUND HIM AT ALL
    TIMES. I don't know the specifics, BUT I'm willing to bet, the fault of this terrible accident,
    dose not lie on him. I sent the hospital an e-mail addressed to him and I'm hoping to find out if
    he can have any visitors yet and if so, what the hours are. I plan to go see and harass my GOOD
    Friend, ASAP!!! EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Peter M Spirito" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the
    WPBBC Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out on
    the road and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side of
    the road. He said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first century
    I said its not over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100 miles. He had
    been fighting a tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I drove up the
    road 5 miles and waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of the road
    cheering him on. I then drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to cheering as he
    went by. One more five mile jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took the sag wagon sign
    off of the truck and signed it as his Official Certificate of Completion. It was pretty cool to
    have been a part of his first century. I never would have guessed he would have ridden so many
    miles since. I wonder if he still has that "certificate"

    GET WELL SOON LUC.....

    Peter Spirito

    Peter M Spirito

  8. Peter, I've had some friends that recently visited Luc and they say he is progressing well. I
    hope to get by and visit with him sometime this weekend. In the meantime anyone interested in
    sending a e-mail message to him can do so, via the earlier posting in this thread. And YES, he
    does get the e-mail sent to him. EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
    Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Peter M Spirito" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Boy do I remember that mountain bike..After Luc got into the van we loaded up his bike. It must
    have weighed 100 pounds and had these big knobby tires.

    I heard from another sag driver that during the ride Luc's legs were cramping so bad he would stop
    at convience stores along the route and buy a bag of ice and stuff his shorts with the ice to
    relieve the cramping pain.

    Luc is somewhat of a hero to me in that I had never ridden a century in all of my years on a bike.
    And I was secretely embarrassed about
    it....If Luc could do it then I could do it.......And I did.......And I will be doing the 7 day
    Bike Florida next weekend.

    Give Luc my best....

    "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<rHf8a.280859$SD6.13916@sccrnsc03>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Peter knowing ole Luc like I do, I bet he does still have that


    certificate

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and it's probably hanging on his wall somewhere! I met him originally at Motorola (1997) and he
    was close to, if not over 300 lbs, with a stomach that hung completely over his belt. He did the
    Stark ride event, that


    same

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    year and was humiliated that an ole geezer (Me) on a recumbent no less, spanked him pretty good
    at the event. He had a rather in-expensive


    Mountain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bike and I had a $3000.00 recumbent. He then GOT ZONED IN AND FOCUSED COMPLETELY into cycling
    and has put more miles in 1 recent year, than I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in 10 years! In recent encounters with him, that spanking CHANGED and I


    got

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    put into my place, period! (I have never been SO HAPPY AND PROUD to get


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    recumbo butt kicked by such a Great person! - Who also nursed my


    computer

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    back to health on many occasions) Luc is one of the most safe riding


    cyclist

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know. He clearly rides SMART AND HAS SAFE AWARENESS AROUND HIM AT ALL TIMES. I don't know the
    specifics, BUT I'm willing to bet, the fault of


    this

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    terrible accident, dose not lie on him. I sent the hospital an e-mail addressed to him and I'm
    hoping to find


    out if

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    he can have any visitors yet and if so, what the hours are. I plan to go


    see

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and harass my GOOD Friend, ASAP!!! EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
    Bacchetta


    Aero

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Pilot)

    "Peter M Spirito" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the
    WPBBC Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out
    on the road and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side
    of the road. He said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first
    century I said its not over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100
    miles. He had been fighting a tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I
    drove up the road 5 miles and waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of
    the road cheering him on. I then drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to
    cheering as he went by. One more five mile jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took
    the sag wagon sign off of the truck and signed it as his Official Certificate of Completion.
    It was pretty cool to have been a part of his first century. I never would have guessed he
    would have ridden so many miles since. I wonder if he still has that "certificate"

    GET WELL SOON LUC.....

    Peter Spirito

    Peter M Spirito

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.