I learned my lesson last year on one of my mountain rides around Beale AFB, by necessity 70 miles or more. I raided what I thought was a plum tree on the side of the road and it turned out to be prunes.
Quoted message said:
Bill Baka
Wait a minute, I thought prunes WERE dired plums?
Sort of, the prune tree is from the plum family, but specifically bred to make the stone easier to remove.
I learned my lesson last year on one of my mountain rides around Beale AFB, by necessity 70 miles or more. I raided what I thought was a plum tree on the side of the road and it turned out to be prunes.
Quoted message said:
Bill Baka
Wait a minute, I thought prunes WERE dired plums?
That is pretty much what a friend of mine told me, after the fact. He has an MBA but spent his whole working life working at the local Sunsweet because he hated commuting 80 miles a day. Still, on only about $13.00/Hr. he has managed to buy 3 houses and retire from the only job he ever had. He told me a whole lot about fruit and processing that I really didn't want to know. I will never look at a package of dried fruit the same. Bill Baka