rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

magnesium pedals

Started by MuniAddict · · Last activity · 64 posts · 808 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
3 December 2006
Last activity
10 December 2006
Original author
MuniAddict
Posts
64
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
808
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–64 of 64
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. unijuul said:

    The 2RS means that the bearings are totally waterproof (I think), and
    probably better than the Z bearings with metals on each side.

    RS means rubber (or plastic) shield. Z means metal shield. 2RS means
    two rubber (or plastic) shields, one on each side of the bearing. ZZ
    means two metal shields, one on each side of the bearing.

    The RS shields are not waterproof or even water resistant. Water and
    grime can (and will) still get in. Rubbing grease on the outside of
    the seals around where the edge of the seal meets up with the bearing
    race will seal them up a little better and keep the inside of the
    bearing a little bit cleaner and a little bit dryer. When that grease
    gets dirty wipe it away and apply new grease outside the bearing. You
    need to use thick grease for that.

    The problem with the Z shields is that they have crevices around the
    edge where the metal is bent to fit in the bearing races. Those
    crevices hold dirt and allow more dirt and water into the bearing than
    RS shields. Z shields are also more vulnerable to being bent and
    ruining the bearing. The advantage with Z shields is that they have
    less rolling resistance so they roll smoother.

    I use RS bearings for the hub for outdoor unicycles. Z bearings are
    good for indoor freestyle unicycles. For pedals I use what I can get.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Dirty Muni
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55366

  2. Here's a pic of my KH muni sporting my new Atomlab "Aircorp" pedals!
    These are the latest, greatest version, which uses a "quad-ring"
    instead of the former o-ring, or steel "wave ring". These are the
    thinnest, most awesome pedals out there and customer service was
    fantastic! I spoke on the phone with the owner of atomlabs and he told
    me if I EVER have any problems with the pedals, that they will take
    care of it promptly! I'm very happy to have also gotten a great deal on
    price from "Beyondbikes.com". Regular price ranges from $98-$120
    everyhwere else, but I paid only $79! They're grippy as heck but you
    can still easily repostion your feet! They're simply da sh#t! 😎

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: peds.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16603 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    MuniAddict

    "There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

    "They all float down here"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55366

  3. wow they look amazing... i'm so tempted to get a pair but its oh so
    unreasonable....

    --
    brendan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55366

  4. Hi,
    I need new pedals for my Muni and was considering Atomlabs also. Does
    anyone have any opinion on the Aircorp vs the TrailKing. I am not sure
    what will be best for Muni. I went to www.atomlabs.com and I did not
    really find out much about the pedals. Also the pictures of the
    aircorps in this thread look different than the pictures on the atomlab
    website. I like the looks of the ones in this link below. Very cool
    looking.

    http://tinyurl.com/y5uuh5

    I thougt maybe atomlabs just did not update their site but it says 2006
    models. Maybe I am missing something.

    Thanks for your help,
    Brian Maw

    --
    brianmaw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brianmaw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8864
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55366

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.